IGNORED

Leeds United away match thread

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just watched the EFL highlights. How on God`s green earth did the Leeds striker miss that open goal? Rosenthal-esque! I can only think he took his eye off the ball and it hit his ankle but he still should have scored.

What was the XG of the chance out of interest does anyone know?

Awful miss, but Georginio is a joy to watch, raises the pulses when he is on the ball.

I believe he has created twenty scoring opportunities this season, sadly not all the chances taken.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just watched the EFL highlights. How on God`s green earth did the Leeds striker miss that open goal? Rosenthal-esque! I can only think he took his eye off the ball and it hit his ankle but he still should have scored.

Come off it, he only cost £35M…

He’s no Tommy Conway for sure. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Only got the highlights to go by and admit they are heavily favoured towards the home team but we could have bagged a draw at the end

How bad is o Leary!! Must be a nightmare as a defender to play in front of him!

We are more assured from set pieces with max in goal. And the defenders/manager have said that. So he's obviously not a knightmare for the defenders to play in front of.

Has he made errors. Yes of course. Could he have got to the second goal yesterday? Maybe. If he'd seen it early then he probably should have managed a step across before diving.

But there's no need for a massive overreaction.

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, 1964w said:

Watched this podcast tis morning

Are any of these three robins fans members on here?

Leeds Utd. [A] the verdict ... Live Podcast @ 09.00 Sunday

Two are.

Dave Pottier is @headhunter, and Mark Tovey is @Curr Avon. Dave used to do the city radio reports for Radio West back in the 80s, and Mark has an occassional decent pun in him. Ian Gay doesn't post on here any more, but I think he goes by Bristol Boy on another City forum.

Both Mark and Ian are regular contributors to the post match BBC Radio Bristol phone in.

There are a few other posters who can be found on Ciry podcasts either as hosts or occassional guests.

Ed. PS: Not forgetting  @Never to the dark side who pops up on the Radio Bristol phone-in most (all?) away games.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Wyscout 0.72

• Thanks 2
4 hours ago, italian dave said:

Thank you! I thought that at the time, but haven’t had a chance to watch any highlights, and didn’t seem much comment about it elsewhere, so thought maybe I’d imagined it. It was dreadful. And it wasn’t the only mistake he made yesterday - just the one we got punished for.

JK has been an excellent signing.......but probably due to physical/mental tiredness he did something uncharacteristic, which turned out to be crucial to the result.  It was probably a one off cock up?  Lets hope so.......as it was a really poor piece of defending?   You owe us one JK?...........So how about a 30 yarder into the top corner??

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, 1964w said:

Watching a replay of the game, now.

Looked a stonewall penalty to me, Mr P.

Thanks for the honest feedback 1964.

I wasn't sure about stonewall hut looked plausible. One day we will get a few..our record has to be seen to be believed 

Slightly off topic but what's the general take on Leeds fans of the whole suing Everton thing of found guilty? Not solely Leeds of course, Burnley and Leicester also all involved there.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I wasn't sure about stonewall hut looked plausible. One day we will get a few..our record has to be seen to be believed 

Slightly off topic but what's the general take on Leeds fans of the whole suing Everton thing of found guilty? Not solely Leeds of course, Burnley and Leicester also all involved there.

What was the shout you are discussing. My feed kept jumping around so I missed bits.

Went to my first game in a while yesterday. Great atmosphere created by the City (and Leeds) fans.

I thought we played well, but lacked a little confidence when attacking in the first half and then all of the substitutions and Leeds upping their game affected our cohesion and game plan in the second half. There was a lot of pressure put on Bell and Sykes to beat their man and put in a perfect cross and neither of them were having the best of games. You probably have to give Leeds credit for crowding them out and partially blame our full backs being conservative in providing support.

That said I'm fairly optimistic for the rest of the season. It would be nice to see us moving things a bit more quickly and positively through the middle when in possession. Maybe that will come when we get a few defenders back and the likes of Naismith can be creative a bit further forward.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 1964w said:

Watching a replay of the game, now.

Looked a stonewall penalty to me, Mr P.

Don’t know if you’re aware of the situation with us and penalties, but we’ve (literally) had about 4 in the last 3 years. Beyond a joke now, we wrote to the PGMOL expressing our concerns about a year ago, but at this point we’re increasing the record week-by-week. I guess we’ll writing to the PGMOL again😃

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think was within the first 5-10 mins  Dickie. Definitely one in the EFL highlights on ITV last night.

Certainly looks a good shout, but looking at the 2 V Rotherham and the 2 V Stoke, it's going to take some serious foul play for us to get one.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Don’t know if you’re aware of the situation with us and penalties, but we’ve (literally) had about 4 in the last 3 years. Beyond a joke now, we wrote to the PGMOL expressing our concerns about a year ago, but at this point we’re increasing the record week-by-week. I guess we’ll writing to the PGMOL again😃

Was unaware of that fact, Luke.

We don't get many, I think Leeds once went 65 games without being awarded a penalty.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Leeds' fans are hoping Everton are severely punished for their financial misdemeanours. I suspect the three clubs feel Everton remained in the Premier League by unfair means. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 1964w said:

Was unaware of that fact, Luke.

We don't get many, I think Leeds once went 65 games without being awarded a penalty.

Ah we know how that feels...I did read that us and Port Vale were right up there.

League only a couple of intriguing stats:

1) November 1st 2020 to present 3 League penalties.

2) Think the gap before 2 in 2 games was November 7th 2021 to February 18th 2023. By whixh so mean penalty November 6th 2021, then zilch until February 18th.

3) At home..one from November 1st 2020 to present. The gap there was October 31st 2020 to February 25th 2023.

4) A longer game was the start of 2020-21 to present.. 5. Or 5 in 149 League games.

5) Indeed Covid skewed it but in part due to Covid the gap between home penalties in front of fans was December 29th 2019 to February 25th 2023. (There wwre two in October 2020 behind closed doors)

The numbers are insane! I could go on.. I won't but I may draw some graphs and charts in the next few days- our numbers feel like they're breaking a few records!!

Just checked, 67, not quite Leeds level (Leeds had more ;) ) but we are up there.

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah we know how that feels...I did read that us and Port Vale were right up there.

League only a couple of intriguing stats:

1) November 1st 2020 to present 3 League penalties.

2) Think the gap before 2 in 2 games was November 7th 2021 to February 18th 2023. By whixh so mean penalty November 6th 2021, then zilch until February 18th.

3) At home..one from November 1st 2020 to present. The gap there was October 31st 2020 to February 25th 2023.

4) A longer game was the start of 2020-21 to present.. 5. Or 5 in 149 League games.

5) Indeed Covid skewed it but in part due to Covid the gap between home penalties in front of fans was December 29th 2019 to February 25th 2023. (There wwre two in October 2020 behind closed doors)

The numbers are insane! I could go on.. I won't but I may draw some graphs and charts in the next few days- our numbers feel like they're breaking a few records!!

Just checked, 67, not quite Leeds level (Leeds had more ;) ) but we are up there.

So frustrating, Mr P ☹️

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Certainly looks a good shout, but looking at the 2 V Rotherham and the 2 V Stoke, it's going to take some serious foul play for us to get one.

If you've seen it now, or haven't it's also on our highlights the first clip on Bristol City YouTube but curiously not on the near 10 mins of EFL highlights.

I hasten to add that IMO unlike say the Stoke and nearly Rotherham games, even if given it may not have proved decisive here owing to Rutter, James, Piroe in forward areas to name 3, one of the hardest away games for sure.

• Like 3
On 07/10/2023 at 21:05, petehinton said:

Even more astonishing that it’s not even his natural position then. Wow. Can’t wait to see him at AG. Fair play to you and Farke for trusting him so much too, as he can clearly flourish 👍🏻

I've just read Archie's brother Harry who is 14yo scored for our under 18s at the weekend. Harry a striker, is tipped to be the best of the Gray family, he has scored a considerable amount of goals at youth level. One to watch!

• Like 2