IGNORED

Leeds United away match thread

First 20 minutes I thought was nervy and I thought you could have capitalised, I then thought personally from that moment we bossed it, other than the corner and the odd long ball I didn’t feel you troubled us.

We kept making the wrong decisions on attack otherwise I feel it could have been more, was right behind what looked like a great save to tip Summervilles shot onto the woodwork.

My main concern is Ipswich, even though we beat them away we’ve given them a huge head start.

Not sure what City were trying to do today, that confused me, Archie Gray playing at RB was great for us, not his position and was unbelievable.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

That shone through tbh.

Cracking young player, very mature game for a 17 year old, with a great future ahead of him.

Farke/Leeds need to take care of Archie at such a tender age. His Uncle Eddie is now a club ambassador.

A smashing lad with a mature head on young shoulders.

A future England star in the making!

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Leeds deserved to win certainly but that early penalty shout..Could easily have been given. Just watching highlights now.

I missed that Mr P.

I'll watch a whole replay of the game again tomorrow on LUTV.

Likewise, I'll get a better idea of your players that impressed me on my second watch.

3 minutes ago, 1964w said:

Farke/Leeds need to take care of Archie at such a tender age. His Uncle Eddie is now a club ambassador.

A smashing lad with a mature head on young shoulders.

A future England star in the making!

If he keeps progressing, then yes.

But he'll obviously need to prove himself against top players at some stage.

2 minutes ago, 1964w said:

I missed that Mr P.

I'll watch a whole replay of the game again tomorrow on LUTV.

Likewise, I'll get a better idea of your players that impressed me on my second watch.

The only ones that impressed me were Dickie and Naismith at the back tbh.

A few had an off day.

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Very frustrating watch as my feed kept jumping backwards 20/30 seconds, hard to watch too closely at times.
I didn't think we were good today, yeah we had some decent spells, we actually forced them back and had a couple of opportunities , but the spark wasn't there. Too many 5/6's when more 7 & 8s we might have nicked something.
Thought Naismith had a decent game, Pring too TBF. But Sykes being a little ineffective shows how important he normally is. We need Taanner ( and/or McCrorie ) back to get TGH into MF as an option. Wells going off changed the game in Leeds favour, his pace and direct running was a threat, Cornick isn't the same player and after a good showing midweek he was off it today. 

Just trawling Twitter and I saw this, nice take on it and cheered me up, just a bit.

Screenshot2023-10-07at18_35_02.png.f006141994e6ce86126e7870ff7532f1.png

Chatting to Leeds fans on the way back to the station and they said the same thing…..we were the best side to have visited ER this season…….let’s hope we now come back from the International Break well 🤞

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, 1964w said:

Naismith & Vyner impressed me when you played Hull at the KC Stadium in August.

We are struggling with injuries again. Our 2 starting CBs from last year were missing today, along with our RB and the guy we sign to challenge him. Our top scorer from last year is only just starting to get minutes and we started with a small squad. Feels like a very stop start beginning to the season. 
Some good signs, but we need to get going properly soon. Just hope Wells isn't added to the list.

Felt we did ok today, but too many just off of their game to cause you real problems. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Chatting to Leeds fans on the way back to the station and they said the same thing…..we were the best side to have visited ER this season…….let’s hope we now come back from the International Break well 🤞

Definitely the best team we've seen at ER this season, at least you gave it go 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

We are struggling with injuries again. Our 2 starting CBs from last year were missing today, along with our RB and the guy we sign to challenge him. Our top scorer from last year is only just starting to get minutes and we started with a small squad. Feels like a very stop start beginning to the season. 
Some good signs, but we need to get going properly soon. Just hope Wells isn't added to the list.

Felt we did ok today, but too many just off of their game to cause you real problems. 

Injuries are a curse, especially with a small squad.

• Like 2

Well, I have to say, as well as one of the better teams to arrive at ER and try win the game, you also have one of the better fans forums. This thread has so many well written comments that are balanced and keep things in perspective. It’s also without diatribe and bad language or insults against the opposition.

A credit to BCFC and all Bristolians. Good luck for a successful season whatever that looks like. MOT.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Robin 2
12 hours ago, 1964w said:

That's a great compliment coming from an opposition fan 👍

Archie is in debut season making nine appearances as a central midfielder, today he played his tenth game as a right-back as Spence (signed from Spurs, played only 10 minutes) & Shackleton are injured & I assume Farke didn't trust Ayling against your wingers. 

Archie has been sensational for us, not one bad game. He is the son of Andy Gray, the grandson of Frank Gray, and the great nephew of Eddie Gray who have all played for Leeds in the past, so his quality is in his genes!

That's some heritage! I was a Leeds fan as a nipper,  year younger than you by the looks of it😁, and they were the team of the day. 

Eddie Gray.. proper winger..can see him now jinking away

Talking Leeds stuff, I saw a clip of the infamous Giles vs Keegan match up😯.. Giles literally decks him and gets a finger wagging and Keegan gets sent off! 

1 hour ago, Oscarorange said:

Well, I have to say, as well as one of the better teams to arrive at ER and try win the game, you also have one of the better fans forums. This thread has so many well written comments that are balanced and keep things in perspective. It’s also without diatribe and bad language or insults against the opposition.

A credit to BCFC and all Bristolians. Good luck for a successful season whatever that looks like. MOT.

Totally agree.

I was a member on here when we were previously in the championship, a decent set of fans imo!

I'm a moderator on a good Leeds United site, here is a link if anyone is interested.

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread.

You'll be always welcomed. 

Edited by 1964w
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

That's some heritage! I was a Leeds fan as a nipper,  year younger than you by the looks of it😁, and they were the team of the day. 

Eddie Gray.. proper winger..can see him now jinking away

Talking Leeds stuff, I saw a clip of the infamous Giles vs Keegan match up😯.. Giles literally decks him and gets a finger wagging and Keegan gets sent off! 

My first Leeds game was against Grimsby Town in the 1963/64 season, the year we were promoted, Billy Bremner scored & became an instant boyhood hero. Bremner & Giles are my two all-time favourite players.

Of course, there was dear old Norman Hunter & Terry Cooper from that era. I posted on OTIB's tribute threads after they passed away.

16 minutes ago, 1964w said:

My first Leeds game was against Grimsby Town in the 1963/64 season, the year we were promoted, Billy Bremner scored & became an instant boyhood hero. Bremner & Giles are my two all-time favourite players.

Of course, there was dear old Norman Hunter & Terry Cooper from that era. I posted on OTIB's tribute threads after they passed away.

Good timing. Were you in Paris '75?

1 hour ago, 1964w said:

Totally agree.

I was a member on here when we were previously in the championship, a decent set of fans imo!

I'm a moderator on a good Leeds United site, here is a link if anyone is interested.

Re: Leeds Utd v Bristol City Match Thread.

You'll be always welcomed. 

Thanks; just had a look and a good read!

And can I just say that I agree with everything you say on there about Georginio Rutter. He’s one of those players that even as an an opposing fan watching him run rings round your team you can still enjoy. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Leeds deserved to win certainly but that early penalty shout..could easily have been given.

Just watching highlights now.

Just watched highlights too............and while anyone can make a mistake under pressure, my old football coach would have a heart attack watching Knight (1st goal),  not only trying to dribble out of his own penalty area...........but then compounding it by turning back inside towards his own goal!  WTF.   Woeful, appalling defending by a player who should know better

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Just watched highlights too............and while anyone can make a mistake under pressure, my old football coach would have a heart attack watching Knight (1st goal),  not only trying to dribble out of his own penalty area...........but then compounding it by turning back inside towards his own goal!  WTF.   Woeful, appalling defending by a player who should know better

I thought he had a really poor game.

A knightmare in fact.

He's much better than that as we know, hopefully thats his first and last one like that.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thank you! I thought that at the time, but haven’t had a chance to watch any highlights, and didn’t seem much comment about it elsewhere, so thought maybe I’d imagined it. It was dreadful. And it wasn’t the only mistake he made yesterday - just the one we got punished for.