IGNORED

Leeds United away match thread

16 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Leicester Away, followed shortly by Leeds Away.

The two toughest away trips this season IMO, and we haven't been disgraced at either, each defeat by just the one goal.

(When will we ever win at Elland Road, though ?).

I said that just now. Two good games to get out of the way, not many teams will pick up points from either club. We must pick up our home form though, minimum expectation should be a point if not all 3. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

No, we remain such losers as you put it because the Owner of the club is a poor decision maker when it comes to football. Fans giving an opinion on a forum literally make **** all difference to what Steve does and how it affects the playing side of the club.

Can you see new owners anytime soon? 

46 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

It’s called passion, you can be frustrated and angry. You’ve never played a team sport where you’ve think you’ve had a bad game or been angry to be substituted or be given out? So no not pointless at all.

Wells is a shocking example, he always looks pissed off when substituted, especially if he’s not scored.

I would argue that NP wants his players to be angry and will be pleased with the reaction.

I agree.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I said that just now. Two good games to get out of the way, not many teams will pick up points from either club. We must pick up our home form though, minimum expectation should be a point if not all 3. 

Yep.

Cov up next at AG.

Not a MUST win game obviously, but a NEED to win game, to get the AG form going.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting sample size.

Includes two away games (the only ones we’ve lost) against 2 teams that were in the Prem last season.

Surely not quoted to find the worst possible outcome?

Last 7 games? W3 D1 L3, see? Different conclusion & not just ex Prem sides..

11 games so far W4 D3 L4, that seems the fairest reflection on our form.

I was quoting our most recent games, to highlight a downturn in results, and hoping for a stop to the mini-rot in our next game.

We’re 14th. Despite what had felt a relatively solid start to the season. I don’t want to see us slide down the table. Surely that’s fair?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly. If home form improves then we look up not down. Our record at the Gate so far is pretty poor.

12 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

**** sake that we’re so shit against Leeds!

Under Bielsa over 2 years They were perhaps the outstanding side at this level though no huge surprise.

Now they are one of the biggest clubs at the level with a number of retained players and in receipt of Parachute Payments, albeit fair point with some of their pre Bielsa pre Parachute midtable Championship sides matches vs them. (Though we were reasonably competitive in both in 2018-19). Today as well.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
3 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I was quoting our most recent games, to highlight a downturn in results, and hoping for a stop to the mini-rot in our next game.

We’re 14th. Despite what had felt a relatively solid start to the season. I don’t want to see us slide down the table. Surely that’s fair?

Played a lot of the top-half too.

image.thumb.png.199297a485c702715d3d39967236ae59.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Positives;

Naismith was excellent, as was Dickie.

James was good, as was Pring.

Nice to see Cornick getting into them, thought he did ok.

We stayed in the game, never gave up or rolled over.

Negatives;

O'Leary was hit and miss.

Sykes was well under par, so many short or misplaced passes and didn't offer a lot going forward.

Knight was dreadful, as was Mehmeti's cameo.

Bell ineffective, passive.

TGH is not a full back, but did his best (which wasn't really enough) like to see him in midfield for a couple of games.

Huge gap in quality between the genuine promotion contenders and the rest, including us,  after the Leicester and Leeds games its patently obvious. Not sure if thats a negative or just how it is.

• Like 3

https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=45583

P. We were very good in every department today, many contenders for MOTM.
N. Bristol are a very good away side otherwise we’d win at a canter.

https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=45574&start=460

We went at them all game today and that was the pleasing thing for me. Ok the missed chances could have cost us at the end but we never stopped attacking when we turned over the ball and i could sense bc were starting to wear down second half. i reckon another goal would have finished them mentally and we could have had a few more.
Credit thos to Bristol they actually came to make a game of it not just make up the numbers. They tried the press at times but couldn't maintain it which left us the space to run at them. They went direct towards the end of the game no problem with that and we held the line pretty well.
Thankfully for me not too much of that side to side back to the keeper stuff which keeps everyone engaged throughout. Cracking game of Championship football.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very frustrating watch as my feed kept jumping backwards 20/30 seconds, hard to watch too closely at times.
I didn't think we were good today, yeah we had some decent spells, we actually forced them back and had a couple of opportunities , but the spark wasn't there. Too many 5/6's when more 7 & 8s we might have nicked something.
Thought Naismith had a decent game, Pring too TBF. But Sykes being a little ineffective shows how important he normally is. We need Taanner ( and/or McCrorie ) back to get TGH into MF as an option. Wells going off changed the game in Leeds favour, his pace and direct running was a threat, Cornick isn't the same player and after a good showing midweek he was off it today. 

Just trawling Twitter and I saw this, nice take on it and cheered me up, just a bit.

Screenshot2023-10-07at18_35_02.png.f006141994e6ce86126e7870ff7532f1.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He’s not a scapegoat, he works hard but lacks quality. £300K signing so what else can we expect. 

Chatting to QPR mates they have heard rumours that he may be going to them in Jan. Ainsworth link. If Ainsworth survives

Please may he survive 

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

American owners with a bag of cash to spend immediately and clearly spent it wisely.

Unlike us and our poor owner who's penyless and needed to keep all the money from the Scott sale!

As a Leeds resident I thought id walk at least part way home so it would be easier for my Mrs to pick me up after the traffic had died down a bit and I'd had time cool off more to the point! 

Anyway, I got chatting to some Leeds fans, a rare breed that were not full of a false sense of entitlement, here's the short version of what was said: first team to come and have a real go, why did you get rid of Ayling, thought your owner was a Billionaire or is that the other Bristol lot, worst keeper seen at Elland Rd for years, you won't go down, we lacked quality up top.

I think they were all fair points, I pointed out that the other lots owner just has a nice watch, couldn't disagree about keeper, LJ sold Ayling...say no more!!! Tommy is quality but been out for a while, no we hopefully won't go down but without spending money on 3/4 players of good quality we won't go near the play offs this season and next season we will probably have lost our best players and an excellent manager.

Whilst I expect nothing less than a loss today, I didn't think that the gap between the two teams was so big, I also heard a rumour that made me more despondent than ever, rumours are just that though.

Well fought City, unfortunately I see another season of championship football again next season, could be worse, we could be........

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Positives;

Naismith was excellent, as was Dickie.

James was good, as was Pring.

Nice to see Cornick getting into them, thought he did ok.

We stayed in the game, never gave up or rolled over.

Negatives;

O'Leary was hit and miss.

Sykes was well under par, so many short or misplaced passes and didn't offer a lot going forward.

Knight was dreadful, as was Mehmeti's cameo.

Bell ineffective, passive.

TGH is not a full back, but did his best (which wasn't really enough) like to see him in midfield for a couple of games.

Huge gap in quality between the genuine promotion contenders and the rest, including us,  after the Leicester and Leeds games its patently obvious. Not sure if thats a negative or just how it is.

Agree with all the +’s and some of the -‘s.

I honestly think TGH is gonna be a cracking signing.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Also a word on Archie Gray, wow. That’s honestly the most in awe I’ve been of an opposition youngster since Bellingham. What an incredible talent. 17 years of age…

That's a great compliment coming from an opposition fan 👍

Archie is in debut season making nine appearances as a central midfielder, today he played his tenth game as a right-back as Spence (signed from Spurs, played only 10 minutes) & Shackleton are injured & I assume Farke didn't trust Ayling against your wingers. 

Archie has been sensational for us, not one bad game. He is the son of Andy Gray, the grandson of Frank Gray, and the great nephew of Eddie Gray who have all played for Leeds in the past, so his quality is in his genes!

Edited by 1964w
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, 1964w said:

Archie is in debut season making nine appearances as a central midfielder, today he played his tenth game as a right-back as Spence (signed from Spurs, played only 10 minutes) & Shackleton are injured & I assume Farke didn't trust Ayling against your wingers. 

Archie has been sensational for us, not one bad game. He is the son of Andy Gray, the grandson of Frank Gray, and the great nephew of Eddie Gray who have all played for Leeds in the past, so his quality is in his genes!

That shone through tbh.

Cracking young player, very mature game for a 17 year old, with a great future ahead of him.

22 minutes ago, 1964w said:

Even more astonishing that it’s not even his natural position then. Wow. Can’t wait to see him at AG. Fair play to you and Farke for trusting him so much too, as he can clearly flourish 👍🏻

30 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I agree. I would like to see him in central midfield. A level above Williams. 

Williams seems to be a good guy with the right attitude but just isn't good enough imo to push us on to being a top six team. Maybe it is down to the injuries he's had. We should be looking at other options in MF and use him as cover.