IGNORED

Proud

joe jordans teeth

40 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was the peak downfall under Holden, we had double figures injured every week, young Towler in midfield...

image.png.c0b7af2dbaa2d442daf1db9fc90844d5.png

******* HELL, Lynchpin Lansbury! Moore-Massengo-Towler-Semenyo on the left flank was psychotic on reflection too.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

image.png.c0b7af2dbaa2d442daf1db9fc90844d5.png

******* HELL, Lynchpin Lansbury! Moore-Massengo-Towler-Semenyo on the left flank was psychotic on reflection too.

Some of them aren't too bad on paper, some have developed since but when you have injuries, behind closed doors, downward spiral and a rookie manager losing his way..it's such a combination!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Some of them aren't too bad on paper, some have developed since but when you have injuries, behind closed doors, downward spiral and a rookie manager losing his way..it's such a combination!

Will forever make my shit itch that we gambled on LJ rather than NP or some other such experienced promotion expert, let him spunk the Lansdown Trust Fund up the wall, and now we've had to bring in a serious football man to recover the situation.

Imagine what Pearson could've done with all the millions we've wasted on dross over the years!? Or with the calibre of players that were actually in that team I posted above - like you say, a lot of them weren't bad players. Poorly deployed by an inexperienced manager, absolutely. But I can't help but feel like some of our best sides during the LJ era, had a Hughton(I remember the clamour at the time!)/Pearson type been in charge, would've comfortably seen us in the playoffs. 

I know the Lansdown mismanagement chat is boring on OTIB now but **** me, what was he thinking giving Ashton - chancer, horrid track record and LJ - League 1 manager all that cash to burn???

Wrong Place/Time/Decade/Manager/Players/CEO FC

• Like 3

On 07/10/2023 at 17:01, Shauntaylor85 said:

Why are we proud? We never win these type of games or get a draw when other clubs do. Look at Ipswich……sorry but treading water again with the worst keeper we’ve had in 20 years plus. 

‘Worst keeper we’ve had in 20 years plus’ doesn’t let many goals in does he.

IMG_2720.jpeg

Edited by bearded_red

On 07/10/2023 at 17:00, joe jordans teeth said:

A 2-1 defeat against a team just down from prem and more than likely heading back up and going down fighting is all we can ask,how this team has moved on from 3-4 years ago with little money spent in those years 

I went to the game with 7 Leeds fans, I’m London based so got the train up from King’s Cross. The Leeds fans I was with were pretty scathing about us, they aren’t the types who post on forums or social media. Just a real lack of quality was their opinion, set pieces and long balls over the full backs from our defenders was all we had. They also found it hilarious that our number 9 main striker was taking long throws.

The gulf was huge, we huffed and puffed but realistically, as Farke said, it should’ve been a drubbing….. I thought we were outclassed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabriella said:

I went to the game with 7 Leeds fans, I’m London based so got the train up from King’s Cross. The Leeds fans I was with were pretty scathing about us, they aren’t the types who post on forums or social media. Just a real lack of quality was their opinion, set pieces and long balls over the full backs from our defenders was all we had. They also found it hilarious that our number 9 main striker was taking long throws.

The gulf was huge, we huffed and puffed but realistically, as Farke said, it should’ve been a drubbing….. I thought we were outclassed.

We were outclassed, just like Leicester, but also many of their fans commented that we also didn’t just come to defend and that we gave it a go.

Not having a go at you, but so what if Cornick takes long throws, we e scored twice from them this season.  Imagine a Stoke RB (Delap) taking throws on the left wing?  Sounds like “football snobbery” to me from Leeds fans.

It really isn’t a surprise.  We were far from full-strength either.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

We were outclassed, just like Leicester, but also many of their fans commented that we also didn’t just come to defend and that we gave it a go.

Not having a go at you, but so what if Cornick takes long throws, we e scored twice from them this season.  Imagine a Stoke RB (Delap) taking throws on the left wing?  Sounds like “football snobbery” to me from Leeds fans.

It really isn’t a surprise.  We were far from full-strength either.

I have no issues with the cornick throws at all, they thought it was embarrassing, I think there was an element of big club syndrome with their comments etc.

Edited by Gabriella
  • Like 1