IGNORED

Proud

joe jordans teeth

3 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Mark Ashton like him or not has done a brilliant job. Their fans love him. Maybe Mark wasn’t the issue, again owner and Johnson spring to mind! 

Either Johnson signed off on signings and Ashton did the deals, or Ashton also brought in targets along side ones that Johnson wanted. 
Lansdown backed the pair of them by paying, really can't see how SL is in any way to blame for any thing in this particular case.
Maybe by letting finances get away, but that would be CEO territory too ?
So he's guilty of being too supportive and backing them too much?

I don't know he set up at Ipswich, maybe they have a DoF ( Gary Probert ) that links with recruitment and Manager. That would leave Ashton to do CEO things and stay away from the football side. 

BCFC are an established Championship team. 

Starting a thread " Proud" when we just got beaten by another Championship team following a defeat by Leicester, a game totally thrown away v Stoke and a last gasp victory in the 96th minute v a relegation likely Rotherham is an odd concept imo.

Perhaps "good but not good enough" or " close but no cigar" or " another bump in the road" may be a better OP?

But I guess if people think we are punching above our weight in the Championship then maybe we should feel proud that we only lost 2-1 at the mighty Leeds, only 1-0 at Leicester and managed to be 2-0 up v Stoke prior to collapsing.

I struggle to remember many matches against teams in our own division where I have felt proud in defeat. Funnily enough- I certainly didn't feel proud that we beat Rotherham - just delighted about and for TC.

• Like 9
  • Flames 4

We’re just an alright team. You look at the fixture Leeds Away and instinctively know we won’t get anything from it because we are City and that’s just what we do. It’s the same when we are two or three nil up, most fans at most clubs can probably enjoy it - city fans however know just how often we throw that away. We are steadily improving under Pearson and I like the team we have, Hopefully we keep evolving and one day we will challenge at the top of the championship again

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Wonder what Derby fans are thinking? Bigger club than us, in League One & couldn’t even beat Cheltenham today.

Sheffield Wednesday too, also bigger, got as many points all season as we got at Rotherham in midweek.

This Ipswich stuff is pretty selective, absolutely no mention of those sides who are bigger than us & doing far worse.

On a similar vein I expect we won’t hear so much about Plymouth overtaking us after their 7th defeat in 10..

The ipswich stuff might be selective but so many teams have overtaken us over the years its no wonder we get hacked off, if ashton was to get them up im sure a lot of us would be horrified, but it wouldn’t be a surprise at this point. The only club i cant see overtaking us are that lot north of the river who are so tinpot they make us look like brighton.

5 hours ago, fisherrich said:

He is a complete ***

If you are talking about shauntaylor85, on the assumption hes been going to games since the mid 90s shaun taylor days when he was a kid, thats getting on for 30 years of false dawns, shite signings and crap management, hes as entitled to be impressed or not as anyone else who buys a ticket.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

If you are talking about shauntaylor85, on the assumption hes been going to games since the mid 90s shaun taylor days when he was a kid, thats getting on for 30 years of false dawns, shite signings and crap management, hes as entitled to be impressed or not as anyone else who buys a ticket.

Thank you, and for the majority of the 30 plus years I’ve travelled a six hour round trip to every home game. I’m entitled to moan and be fed up. I could have a season ticket at Arsenal if i wanted it and give up on the rubbish but it’s the hope that hurts you! Being an exile fan makes it harder. Driving 20 mins home after the game doesn’t compare. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Oh yeah so it was!

Norwich looked so little like a PP club last season I must have missed the significance at the time.

I remember the 1999 cup clash with Everton, Des Lynham presenting on MOTD, Motty was at AG and met him that day. Was the stuff dreams were made of! Same old city, outclassed and flattered to deceive. Akinbiyi also missed some sitters, we just don’t deliver in big games. That Man Utd game was an exception in past 30 years.  

A Leeds fan summed it up well.  "Bristol City are the best team to come to Elland this season they came to play football and not put 10 men behind the ball however we are stronger in every department  as we will be against most teams in this division"  I dont think he was being big headed like most of their fans its just a fair assessment

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Watching the goals again, MOL positioning is so poor, I’ve never seen a keeper dive out the way of the ball as much. So poor, I cannot believe any city fan can defend him. If I was an opposition manager I’d be saying shoot on sight. Poor for both goals, I’d love us to sign Horvath from Forest in January. 

If Knight clears nobody really remembers it criticises his save from the first shot.  He also made some good saves yesterday.  Second goal, his positioning is wrong, his weight balance is wrong and so then his feet movement is poor. It’s a bad error for sure.  The first one isn’t as bad as people think but the second ones worse.  

As I’ve said before, show me a keeper at this level who rarely makes a mistake. It’s impossible.  Overall I think he’s having a decent season 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

If Knight clears nobody really remembers it criticises his save from the first shot.  He also made some good saves yesterday.  Second goal, his positioning is wrong, his weight balance is wrong and so then his feet movement is poor. It’s a bad error for sure.  The first one isn’t as bad as people think but the second ones worse.  

As I’ve said before, show me a keeper at this level who rarely makes a mistake. It’s impossible.  Overall I think he’s having a decent season 

Re the second goal, did it get a slight deflection off Naismith? It certainly looked like it from the EFL highlights and it took it away from Max IMO.

11 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

No not him.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Re the second goal, did it get a slight deflection off Naismith? It certainly looked like it from the EFL highlights and it took it away from Max IMO.

I thought in the ground it had to have taken a small deflection. The ball definitely changed direction after it had been struck and that's what I reckon caught Max out. 

• Like 1

On 07/10/2023 at 17:39, petehinton said:

Brilliant game overall. Battled well, but their quality shone through in the end. Two poor goals conceded but they could’ve scored outside of those chances anyway. Would’ve been very fortunate to have got a point. 

That's how I saw it. We pushed them as hard as we could, after having our gameplan changed so early, but ultimately they were stronger and had more quality throughout. It was always going to be 3-1 before it would be 2-2 but we were in the game and made them work for it. Even though we lost so no points gained by us, it was only by a single goal rather than the hammerings we've had in the past. And as I've said elsewhere it's a good game to have got out of the way.

• Like 1

We have come a bit of a way. Who remembers 2020-21, Annus Disastrous.

We went to Watford and lost 6-0. Freshly relegated they were.

We went to Norwich and lost 2-0 but were somewhat outplayed, a long way off.

Bournemouth away, we actually played very well first half and narrowly lost. This was under the early season buoyant start under Holden.

Screenshot_20231008-224635_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ebf61e143c4c71c5961960bca46b3118.jpgScreenshot_20231008-224641_Chrome.thumb.jpg.58f8ab7e58ef808903988305cee47022.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We have come a bit of a way. Who remembers 2020-21, Annus Disastrous.

We went to Watford and lost 6-0. Freshly relegated they were.

We went to Norwich and lost 2-0 but were somewhat outplayed, a long way off.

Bournemouth away, we actually played very well first half and narrowly lost. This was under the early season buoyant start under Holden.

Screenshot_20231008-224635_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ebf61e143c4c71c5961960bca46b3118.jpgScreenshot_20231008-224641_Chrome.thumb.jpg.58f8ab7e58ef808903988305cee47022.jpg

I must've erased this trauma from the memory banks coz I've got absolutely no recollection of that 6-0 😂