IGNORED

Proud

joe jordans teeth

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

A 2-1 defeat against a team just down from prem and more than likely heading back up and going down fighting is all we can ask,how this team has moved on from 3-4 years ago with little money spent in those years 

We've got quite a likeable team at the moment, Pearson has done well. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

We should be able to give any team in our division a game. That's why we are in the same division. There's progress from where we were 2/3 years ago when we probably would have rolled over and lost 3-0 but ultimately - 0 points. 
Proud is a bit much. 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Why are we proud? We never win these type of games or get a draw when other clubs do. Look at Ipswich……sorry but treading water again with the worst keeper we’ve had in 20 years plus. 

I'm jealous that you missed the point when Elliott Parish was our first choice keeper

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

We surely don’t need to feel ashamed or too downbeat about this result, but proud? Really? It was a game we probably all expected to battle hard in and ultimately lose and that’s exactly what happened. I’m pretty much just going through the motions right now.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Why are we proud? We never win these type of games or get a draw when other clubs do. Look at Ipswich……sorry but treading water again with the worst keeper we’ve had in 20 years plus. 

Honestly why do you bother watching? You're relentlessly negative, maybe if you did something else with your Saturday afternoons you might enjoy it more.

• Like 14
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

A 2-1 defeat against a team just down from prem and more than likely heading back up and going down fighting is all we can ask,how this team has moved on from 3-4 years ago with little money spent in those years 

And here lies the problem with some fans mentality 

Everyone loves a trier . Proper losers mentality 

Meanwhile look at Ipswich of you want to talk about being proud….

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

We surely don’t need to feel ashamed or too downbeat about this result, but proud? Really? It was a game we probably all expected to battle hard in and ultimately lose and that’s exactly what happened. I’m pretty much just going through the motions right now.

In all my years I’ve seen us go to places expecting to get beat and we have without even a whimper,doesn’t happen these days 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

And here lies the problem with some fans mentality 

Everyone loves a trier . Proper losers mentality 

Meanwhile look at Ipswich of you want to talk about being proud….

What the Ipswich who have been languishing for years,11 games in and you are waxing lyrical,give it a rest will you 

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

Am fairly proud, maybe bot today in isolation but 2 seasons ago we shipped 6 at Fulham in a side with Semenyo and Scott, we went to Nottingham Forest and had barely a shot in anger..

We went to Coventry and lost when ahead and twice ahead vs a side with 10 men! We scraped well maybe not scraped but battled to a win vs an average Stoke side who hit the woodwork 3 times..performance was majorly mismatched vs result. (We also had some good games granted).

We now have a very thin squad, injuries are biting but we look a cohesive and compact side with done pleasing football at times.

What with the Wells injury our outfield players are as follows:

Dickie, Pring, Roberts

James, Naismith, Knight, Williams, Gardner-Hickman, King

Cornick, Sykes

Bell, Mehmeti

Conway, Weimann

Yeah I know versatility etc but it is very thin.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What the Ipswich who have been languishing for years,11 games in and you are waxing lyrical,give it a rest will you 

Wonder what Derby fans are thinking? Bigger club than us, in League One & couldn’t even beat Cheltenham today.

Sheffield Wednesday too, also bigger, got as many points all season as we got at Rotherham in midweek.

This Ipswich stuff is pretty selective, absolutely no mention of those sides who are bigger than us & doing far worse.

On a similar vein I expect we won’t hear so much about Plymouth overtaking us after their 7th defeat in 10..

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

Proud? Really?! We’ve just lost to a team in the same league?! The lack of creativity in the midfield is painful. Never fault the effort but to say I feel proud after that? No more than usual. 

Anytime we play a team with quality it seems people just write it off before we even kick a ball. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s their manager that deserves the credit. He’s going to the top and I said that before this season started 

Heard it all before. Many bright young managers have been flavour of the month and yet are now in obscurity.

Coyle at Bolton had a sharp rise. Gone. Di Matteo had a nice path, even won a CL gone. Let's see bow it goes when injuries bite there, let's see how an inevitable loss to Leicester impacts upon their wider form.

Tough mid season mid winter away games to (not checked fixtures) sides like WBA, Birmingham, Stoke, Cardiff..Northern or Midlands clubs. The rain, the heavier pitches.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1