IGNORED

Harry C's mum on the Beeb !

slartibartfast

9 minutes ago, Dave L said:

You missed Atkinson Street and the Ritchie Brothers who also featured today. The jewellers were originally called Pearson and Fleming, but the name got lost in the final version. I have always tried to use City players' names for minor characters. It's a petty obsession, but it makes me happy. My favourite - going back a good few years now - was a firm of solicitors called Coles, Carey and Hill. I'm gutted that the show has been axed. I've written 82 episodes over 22 years and I'll miss it hugely. But just like my time at City, nothing lasts forever.

82 eps?. The ALCS must be your friend :)

49 minutes ago, Dave L said:

You missed Atkinson Street and the Ritchie Brothers who also featured today. The jewellers were originally called Pearson and Fleming, but the name got lost in the final version. I have always tried to use City players' names for minor characters. It's a petty obsession, but it makes me happy. My favourite - going back a good few years now - was a firm of solicitors called Coles, Carey and Hill. I'm gutted that the show has been axed. I've written 82 episodes over 22 years and I'll miss it hugely. But just like my time at City, nothing lasts forever.

Who can forget the market inspector on EE speaking to a Mr Tinnion!

2 hours ago, Dave L said:

You and me both.......... it was one of the more sensible soaps, without any ridiculous sensationalism  you get in "more popular" soaps. When does its run finish, I've heard both Dec. 23 and Dec 24 ?       I'm up for a protest !

6 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

You and me both.......... it was one of the more sensible soaps, without any ridiculous sensationalism  you get in "more popular" soaps. When does its run finish, I've heard both Dec. 23 and Dec 24 ?       I'm up for a protest !

Another production company or network may take it on. C5 perhaps.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It probably didn't tick enough boxes for them. 

I'm not a fan of the show, but a quick look through iplayer suggests to me there is plenty of crap that should be axed before a long running popular soap. 

It's going to be massively expensive to produce compared to something like Bargain Hunt which costs pennies, so if the viewing figures are similar then the axe is going to fall.

Plus something like Bargain Hunt can be repeated on a loop which you can't do with a soap because of their continuous long story lines.

I used to like Brookside but not enough others did so it ceased; these days I don't have a television but even when I did it never went on during the daytime so I haven't seen Doctors.

• Like 1