IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was a real shitty, unprofessional tweet, and I see he hasn’t come back on my response.

IMG_8850.thumb.jpeg.8546b508b732db8a9d93de3d1c87dcb3.jpeg

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

you weren’t the only one who saw it either.  A few people messaged me.

Perhaps Mark Kelly would like to explain what the correlation is between the football manager’s contract situation, and Dave’s interest in basketball. 
Because I sure don’t understand. 

Given Mark Kelly is usually a very considered and respectable chap, this is somewhat surprising, and disappointing. 

@Mkelly 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I think he meant that Tinnion is between Nige and the board.

I took that as what he meant, NP is the manager, not head coach, he reports directly to the board.

I have tweeted Lansdown, which is totally futile because his last tweet was August and he wouldn't give a **** anyway.

Regardless, I have stated that if he makes @NigelGPearson leave after the job the he has done so far, I will no longer follow MY football club until he follows him. 

I would like to say that it has made me feel better. 

But it hasn't.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Where I do have some sympathy with the Lansdowns is Nige's health. A current as yet undiagnosed neurological condition that is basically making Nige immobile would have to be a consideration if you are thinking about giving him a longer contract.  It sounds quite concerning to me.

Football is a ruthless business and, where possible, you do need everyone firing at 100%. 

Nige seems unbothered by it, which is a great mentality to have, but I think we have to accept it must be at least a point of consideration for the owners going forward. 

I think Nigel’s current health situation is very very relevant to his contract situation. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Surely they would have discussed it with him? It sounds as if there has been no communication at all?

Yes that is I think the issue!

People talking about giving contracts/contract extensions et al are one step ahead of the game as they need to have negotiated terms etc

What Mr Pearson is pissed about is no one is opening  a dialogue with him or his agent despite, as we now know for certain, Mr Pearson making it clear he wants to continue! 

For my tuppence this is the best manager we have had since AD and to lose him for someone starting at point one is nuts!  

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think Nigel’s current health situation is very very relevant to his contract situation. 

I think so too. 

While having every sympathy, great respect and really, really liking Nige both as a manager and a person, I’m also one of many in the past to have said we need to toughen up as a Club, on and off the field. 

Credit to Nige, he has done that in the squad. Is Steve doing the same off the field? Is this is part of toughening us up as a Club, part of the strategy of which tightening the purse strings is another element? 

Ummm. 

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Mark Kelly is one of the more professional and personable people down there, so when even he is acting like a ******* baby, then you know things are going south. 

I’ve had DMs with him in the past, and he’s always been absolutely fine.  So, maybe put down to a long day at “the office” on match day.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes that is I think the issue!

People talking about giving contracts/contract extensions et al are one step ahead of the game as they need to have negotiated terms etc

What Mr Pearson is pissed about is no one is opening  a dialogue with him or his agent despite, as we now know for certain, Mr Pearson making it clear he wants to continue! 

For my tuppence this is the best manager we have had since AD and to lose him for someone starting at point one is nuts!  

and are they not opening negotiations because of his illness? 

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was a real shitty, unprofessional tweet, and I see he hasn’t come back on my response.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Wow. I'm shocked that he'd make such a public comment like this. But I'm not shocked about the attitude. The attitude running through the group is absolutely rotten. 

This comment from him is a perfect indication of how little regard people within the group have for fans. 

I've been saying this for a very long time but the culture away from the footballing side is a huge issue. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

First and foremost I hope Nige is ok. His health is paramount here and all things football are ultimate secondary.

Regarding his new contract, or lack of, surely his health can’t come into it? If he’s well enough to work, which he surely is as we’re seeing him work, then any contract offer or lack of should be awarded based on merit, finances, or another legitimate reason. It’s vastly unfair if his health is playing a role.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Welcome back. I hope you enjoyed your OTIB sabbatical. We've all been having a lot of fun today.

Question - do the owners do a fan Q&A with the basketball? 

Aside - generally do you think the basketball is run well (accepting it's a different kettle of fish). It's a different set up given the head coach is also a director and it's directly owned by Bristol Sport, but is it "alright"?

Edited by ExiledAjax

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

and are they not opening negotiations because of his illness? 

Don’t know Max. Do we know what his Illness is. All I know is it involves crutches. 

Quite apart from this I kind of have the impression that there is a myriad of non playing, behind the scenes, issues that this is somehow connected to!

The brand new CEO resigning, Pearson getting all pissed off, the no show owner and family are the tips of a deeper iceberg I think! No one seems to know who is running the show!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

First and foremost I hope Nige is ok. His health is paramount here and all things football are ultimate secondary.

Regarding his new contract, or lack of, surely his health can’t come into it? If he’s well enough to work, which he surely is as we’re seeing him work, then any contract offer or lack of should be awarded based on merit, finances, or another legitimate reason. It’s vastly unfair if his health is playing a role.

I think his health is absolutely relevant. 
Others may know more than me, but as far as I’m aware, with Nigel’s current back situation, he’s very rarely been at training in the past few weeks. 
I know some folks on here know and hear things from a few players, so no doubt they’d be able to confirm. 

But basically, if the manager is too unwell to attend training, then he’s not really able to fulfil the material duties of being a manager. 
Therefore, why would he be offered a new contract at this moment in time whilst his health and thus his ability to fulfil the duties of his role are currently in doubt. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I think that Wednesday night is the perfect chance to send a message to the owners and create a massive show of support for NP.

Lets have some great and simple chants and keep them going all through the game.

Some decent banners would be good too

Suggested to me earlier that even as a one off that the Han Noah Massengo song could be adapted to Big Nigel Pearson, not as mad as it sounds when you try it ( not sure how massive his hair is though) 

Whatever anything that gives the message over is positive 

Having reflected, it seems to me that the best way to back Nige is to get a raucous atmosphere going on Wednesday, let's channel that anti-Ashton and anti-Lansdown energy into supporting the team. Because, if we win a/ we beat Ashton, and b/ Nige and Co are sitting pretty in the top 6.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I feel very uncomfortable reading comments about Nigels health. Not yours but others that have said Nigels health should be a consideration about whether he continues in his role and if he gets a new contract. 

His health should not be a consideration in either, it would be illegal for it to be a consideration. Proving that it is a consideration tho is a different matter. 

Nige could quite rightly go off sick for as long as he needs to and there is nothing the club could legally do.

I think he should be applauded for continuing to work despite the discomfort he is in. 

For a club that often celebrates the good they do, like donating food, their attitude towards Nigels health is disgusting and just makes all the other stuff they do look like a PR stunt.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I feel very uncomfortable reading comments about Nigels health. Not yours but others that have said Nigels health should be a consideration about whether he continues in his role and if he gets a new contract. 

His health should not be a consideration in either, it would be illegal for it to be a consideration. Proving that it is a consideration tho is a different matter. 

Nige could quite rightly go off sick for as long as he needs to and there is nothing the club could legally do.

I think he should be applauded for continuing to work despite the discomfort he is in. 

For a club that often celebrates the good they do, like donating food, their attitude towards Nigels health is disgusting and just makes all the other stuff they do look like a PR stunt.

Just playing devil's advocate here, they did support Nige through his long covid

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think his health is absolutely relevant. 
Others may know more than me, but as far as I’m aware, with Nigel’s current back situation, he’s very rarely been at training in the past few weeks. 
I know some folks on here know and hear things from a few players, so no doubt they’d be able to confirm. 

But basically, if the manager is too unwell to attend training, then he’s not really able to fulfil the material duties of being a manager. 
Therefore, why would he be offered a new contract at this moment in time whilst his health and thus his ability to fulfil the duties of his role are currently in doubt. 

I wrote quite a long reply thinking out a few different scenarios but it just doesn’t feel right to speculate. We just don’t know enough to know if the club are in the right or wrong here. 

Let’s just hope Nige is well soon and go from there. I think no news may be good news for a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, mozo said:

Just playing devil's advocate here, they did support Nige through his long covid

I'm not quite sure that's how I remember it. 

It felt very much as if they wanted to sack him. There was radio silence about his absence and when they did talk I seem to remember that there was a lack of public support for him and his recovery. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'm not quite sure that's how I remember it. 

It felt very much as if they wanted to sack him. There was radio silence about his absence and when they did talk I seem to remember that there was a lack of public support for him and his recovery. 

Fair enough. I'll let others cast their memories back if they want. 

You mention radio silence, that's just standard City comms isn't it?