IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

• Admin
1 hour ago, glynriley said:

This is the best one

I just went to check, I voted “yes” so am elevating myself to the title Superfan. First move, new contract for Nige please 😂

Edit: on further inspection, I surreptitiously voted yes during the double winning campaign, shame on me, I should go to the Mem!

Edit2: Fair play to all those who voted “no” when promotion was secured 😂

1 hour ago, GLAB said:

I would’ve preferred to keep Chris Martin and spend the Semenyo money more wisely, that’s my opinion. 

On that reply I think we can all agree not to take anything you say seriously whatsoever. 

Keep replying to every single post you possibly can, you are obviously an attention seeking buffoon.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, TheReds said:

On that reply I think we can all agree not to take anything you say seriously whatsoever. 

Keep replying to every single post you possibly can, you are obviously an attention seeking buffoon.

Harry Cornick has been more effective and better value than Chris Martin? 

23 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, overwhelmingly negative and some quite nasty comments but it was pre appointment rather after than the die is cast, the dust is settled, and a case of what do we think now.

Anyway, quite happy with my major contribution to that thread:

'Like so many others I've got real problems with some of the names on the list - huge problems with one or two - but I don't have a particular problem with Cotterill.

Certainly see no reason to lambast him so viciously as some on here, or write him off completely like others.

What the hell are people expecting? We're near the bottom of div. 3., with a real scrap ahead to stay up.

Cotterill seems to have a reputation as a good man manager, who quickly builds a spine to his side and gets them playing with spirit.

He will HAVE to fit in with the club's philosophy, so if he turns out to be the choice after interview, that much is understood.

He'll show some refreshing passion for the relegation fight ahead - unlike SO'D last season - and this passion we've been so sadly lacking will rub off on the fans..

We shall see, but he'll get my support if appointed, and imo in time could well prove to be a good fit for AG, and a popular figure.'

Thanks Noggers, remember this well.

Pretty sure it was 4% in favour of Cotts (probably me & you!) & particularly love the reply to my support of him on page 7 of this that says he’ll be “no better or worse” than SOD.

99 points & a JPT win later, how did that work out? 😂😂

• Haha 2

• Admin
6 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Or a returning banned user 👋

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

On 22/10/2023 at 20:44, Simon bristol said:

We have some idea that his job security is of some concern to nige, but he nor anyone else has said the attitude toward his health is an issue.

coming from a background of fixed term contracts where if something happens with my health that affects my ability to work could result in me being fired, it clearly would be reasonable to not commit to a contract extension until this is all sorted out… with the best will in the world, giving someone 3 years and the next day they go off sick with a known issue, in any line of work, would be bad management. Not that im saying that niges health situation isnt serious and that he is the sort of character that would take advantage of it.

When I had Flu back in the early 90'S I had a day off sick then I thought be miserable at home or work. work won but I was paid by the hour

18 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

That’s not how I remember it, sorry. The reaction was really negative about SC. Maybe  time has clouded my memory. I wonder if anyone could pull up the thread? 

Fair enough, on the pre appointment threads that have been resurrected you've got a point!

It seems I was one of only a few making the argument for Cott's, notably along with @GrahamC's imo very measured and sensible input.

While accepting those threads were largely negative I had in mind more the reaction on threads when he had just been appointed, and fans had a chance to judge his character and intent in his first interview on the OS.

My memory is many surprised themselves and quickly got on board after watching that interview although there was a core of regular posters who simply didn't like him and wouldn't hear a word in his favour.

But, yes, you're right - initial reaction to SC being in the frame were clearly mostly negative and in many cases the comments were plain nasty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1