IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

To answer your other point one reason to decide now to get rid (if that’s the decision obviously) is that it will cost Steve far less than it would have 12 months ago and whilst we were treading water there was no need to get rid. He’s now in the territory of having to make a decision one way or the other. He wasn’t 12 months ago.

True, but if cost is the consideration then he can leave it another 9 months and it won’t cost anything. 

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

If they come out and say that everyone will be up in arms about how cold they are and its disgusting.

I'm by no means a big lansdown fan but you can see why they haven't jumped to renew.

End of the day we all speak on here like it's a massive game of fm when we know bugger all that goes on in the club past the front door

They don't have to say that they are getting rid of him due to health. They could just explain that they are delaying the decision for everyone's sake until the outcome is known. 

But they won't. Because they just want to get rid of him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superjack said:

I repeat.

Has he shagged your missus or something?

Your anti-Pearson brain must be triggered to **** by all the support he is getting on here. 

Do yourself a favour and take a break until you get your catastrophic wish. 

It may very well be only a matter of hours.

Easy tiger...why do you Pearson lovers get so tetchy? Is it because you're in denial? 

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bit harsh.

Mark clearly cares, but his priorities are likely different to us, and if he is also under pressure to reduce costs, increase profitability and all that, it probably takes its toll after a while. 

Maybe replying to Fevs wasn't the best idea, but it was late, and given how widely it has been shared, not much value in deleting it or justifying it now.

Has he reached out to Dave today to apologise for his lack of professionalism? That's what most of us would do if we did make a mistake whilst tired. 

Unless he's done that they we can't really be making excuses for his comment.

It appears Mark only cares about stroking the ego of the Lansdowns because that means career progression for him.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

If they come out and say that everyone will be up in arms about how cold they are and its disgusting.

I'm by no means a big lansdown fan but you can see why they haven't jumped to renew.

End of the day we all speak on here like it's a massive game of fm when we know bugger all that goes on in the club past the front door

Nobody is talking about a public announcement. He hadn’t even rung Nige to see how he is by the sound of Nige’s interview yesterday. A private conversation outlining the situation is all you need….unless you have no interest in the bloke who has done a job for you over the last two and a half years.

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Has he reached out to Dave today to apologise for his lack of professionalism? That's what most of us would do if we did make a mistake whilst tired. 

Unless he's done that they we can't really be making excuses for his comment.

It appears Mark only cares about stroking the ego of the Lansdowns because that means career progression for him.

Spot on. 

(I WAS just gonna 'thank' you). 😉

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

They don't have to say that they are getting rid of him due to health. They could just explain that they are delaying the decision for everyone's sake until the outcome is known. 

But they won't. Because they just want to get rid of him.

If someone from the club come out and said that I'd imagine Pearson would be absolutely fuming and rightly so. Inwill say again 99% of this forum is make believe speculation all we see is 90mins twice a week or a happy clappy behind the scenes video when we win.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Mate, he can't even direct proceedings from the technical area let alone take a training session - that to me says he can't do the job properly at this point.

So if a manager gets banned from the touchline for a few games then they should be fired? 

Nigel isn't a manager that screams and shouts from the touchline anyways so it's not much difference. Nigel also isn't a manager that takes coaching sessions, not many managers do. 

Nigel often delegates those things to his trusted staff members anyways. 

Delegating someone to pass on your instructions would be considered a reasonable adjustement.

• Like 1

This from the Post. 

Clearly all is not well between manager and ownership, and perhaps the level in between which is where the primary bridges of communication are. As it stands, he’s not being offered a contract extension and unless there’s a significant change of opinion by the powerbrokers in BS3, that won’t change.

If the Post are genuinely in the know on this one and not speculating, and if what they are saying is true, that Pearson is not going to be offered a new contract, then that is worrying. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For what it’s worth I can understand the club not offering him a new deal. He wanted 3 years and that is what he was given, has he justified an extra 1/2 years…? Probably, but it’s up for debate, the deal on Scott hasn’t helped either….lots of “rated” managers out there and available at the moment. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

For what it’s worth I can understand the club not offering him a new deal. He wanted 3 years and that is what he was given, has he justified an extra 1/2 years…? Probably, but it’s up for debate, the deal on Scott hasn’t helped either….lots of “rated” managers out there and available at the moment. 

Are there any yes men in your list of "rated" managers ?

1 hour ago, Gabriella said:

I really hope Rowett isn’t someone we are looking at to replace Pearson, horrible football. 

My neighbour (a Millwall fan) had this to say when his departure was announced, ‘The chairman’s not saying much, but the feelings are that we can take the inconsistencies, we could take the boring football but could not face being below Bristol city in the league’ 

On 21/10/2023 at 20:52, ExiledAjax said:

I'd like to register my apathy.

And I don't even hate Pearson. Jesus Christ only 10 months ago I was posting telling people he'd improved us whilst we all dealt with the "Pearson out" threads on here. But he's not a saint, he's not perfect, he's not the lord and saviour, he's not Gandalf on the bridge in front of the balrog. I just find it bizarre to see so much "we must keep him" sentiment.

If he goes he goes. If that's down to a falling out with the owners then quelle surprise, but we'll move on.

Your apathy is somewhat understandable.

I think Pearson has done a good job, but supporters of other clubs may be rather confused looking at the desperation of our fans to keep a manager who has ultimately taken us from midtable to midtable in 3 years.

However, for me, it's as much about avoiding a Lansdown managerial appointment as it is about keeping Pearson. After years of Holdens, Millens, and Johnsons, the Lansdowns have somehow stumbled upon an experienced football manager who knows what he's doing (despite the fact they seem to thoroughly dislike him). I don't trust us to make a better appointment should Pearson leave.

If I were a supporter of Brighton, Brentford, or Luton, I wouldn't be too worried about my club losing Pearson - I'd trust the club to replace him. Unfortunately, I don't support any of those clubs, I support Bristol City.

23 hours ago, petehinton said:

I think what makes it even more worrying for me, is without the right person with the right experience and personality and aura, I.e how Pearson is now, we will completely fall like a house of cards again because of the structure up top. IMO what’s stopping it from being like that now, is the culture and leadership Pearson has instilled. He’s been the face of the club for 11 months now basically. Having to explain pretty much all the ins and outs for things that aren’t even his remit. 

There is no mediator. There’s basically 3 people doing 5 peoples jobs, one of which with all due respect is very inexperienced. 

If we end up with the wrong man next, with no one up top knowing what they’re doing either, and an owner who’s desperate to sell up, we’ll be Holden Dec ‘20 - Feb ‘21 era in quick fashion, with the training ground basically becoming a crèche again. 

Well put. Pearson is helping to protect us from the incompetence of the Lansdowns. This is about more than Pearson's ability to set up XI players on a Saturday afternoon (although it shouldn't be).

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Fear not, there’ll be someone out there with a few PowerPoint slides about how they’re inspired by Billy Beane and use sabermetrics to go for a piss. SL/JL will lap it up. 

I drew a really good diagram in Maths once. Get me in.

I won't be a ***"ing 'yes man' though...

NP has cleared the deadwood, cut the the wage budget, hasn’t had a fortune to spend, built a culture across the football club and is giving us our own identity. The players will run through brick walls for him. We are sat 8th in the championship. And SL won’t offer him a new contract. So frustrating and it’s pissing me off. 

Bet SL will roll at the red carpet for that *** Ashton Wednesday night.

We need to get vocal 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

In amongst all the ludicrousness of our current situation, at least we now know the definitive answer to the question as to why we are the biggest club that has never made the Prem.

Because we are appallingly run by an owner who is unable to deal with any sort of constructive challenge in the workplace & who incredibly has been chairman or owner for over 20 years now & yet as you say, still knows absolutely nothing about football.

Then of course there is our current chairman who possesses the charisma of a library ticket, is unable to speak in public using joined up sentences & is about as visible as Lord Lucan.

Never has so much been spent (pre Nige, of course) to achieve so very little.

I have given you flames, but even that is not adequate. 🤟

• Like 1
  • Flames 1