IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

If your board genuinely want him to stay, and genuinely are concerned about his health…then offer him a deal with mutually agreeable clauses.  Nige doesn’t seem to feel it’s affecting his role.  That’s why he brought in the staff he did.

Because we are in a period where we should be planning for January!

Having said that I expect the only real business to be done is making TGH’s loan permanent.

I’m hoping this will all blow over.  Doesn’t feel like it though.

Exactly or at least speak with him privately & say that contract negotiations will begin when he has a prognosis. To completely ignore the situation shows a complete lack of respect. 

• Like 1

My initial reaction to Nige’s comments and the rumours of his impending departure was outrage at the thought that we could even think about moving him out . In the cold light of day however  I can see why the board seem to have seen enough . We have a no doubt highly paid Manager who , throughout his tenure has been frequently absent from either training or matches or indeed both . All of the coaching appears to be done by Flemming and Euell . Most pressers are done by Flemming too . This all raises the question as to why we’re paying Nige to do half a job again and are we sat in 8th DESPITE Nige rather than because of him . When looking at it from the clubs perspective rather than a fan’s , you can see where they may be coming from ! 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 17

As others have probably said (I cba to read through 8 pages), the only way I can see why the Lansdown's are taking this stance is that they have investment or a buyer lined up for the club at the end of the season, of which the sale/investment depends on there not being a manager (so they can bring in their own) and a healthy FFP status for them to take on (for transfers etc). Its just weird how the investment talk has all but dried up which coincides with the lack of reinvestment / contract situation for our Nige.

I for one want Nige to stay. He's doing a brilliant job and if it is the case that the above is true, then anyone coming into the club should be able to see that too. 

Add to this that Nige's back problems must be taking an effect on his mood and overall mental state, I know when I had my back issues (and again when they flair up) my mood goes down the pan, all of this culminating in the comments from NP.  

Edited by UREDS_91

10 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Absolutely amazing after NP remarks about his job that the Chairman, or owner, have failed to respond.

I think NP is justified in walking, taking no redundancy and instead spilling the beans for a big chunk of money from Sky.

We are all behind you Nige

Well we can only be behind him in this tit for tat if we know what the issue is, which we don’t….Pearson wanted a 3 year deal and he got it, up to him to make the playoffs this season.

Edited by Gabriella
  • Haha 8
  • Facepalm 2

15 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Well we can only be behind him in this tit for tat if we know what the issue is, which we don’t….Pearson wanted a 3 year deal and he got it, up to him to make the playoffs this season.

Interesting “new” poster, wonder who you were before?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 9

26 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Hahahaha!!!! You really think he should be making the play offs with the shit show of support shown by the hierarchy?  You’re as deluded as Lansdown.  The man is performing way above where we should be.   Get any of your list in and we’ll be sinking to the bottom quick time with the lack of funds Nige has had to work with.

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Interesting “new” poster, wonder who you were before?

Been a couple of very fishy posts on this thread in defence of the club…..

I mean, rather than making up faceless profiles on here…you know, you could always….I don’t know, maybe, do a little bit of, what do you call it?!…PR at the club? Talk to the fans a little bit and maybe speculation would calm down….

But SL and JL clearly feel above talking to the nasty City fans these days…

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 7
  • Flames 5
  • Robin 1

The obvious thing to do to reflect good management, cohesiveness across the club, to communicate with fans...SL and NP to have meeting agree a statement and present it jointly and publicly. 

Why is this so difficult when both can clearly see how silence is so bad not only for the fans but the club also in respect of any future appointments or investors!

Simple really if people come out of their corners and behave with respect to all concerned. 

Just now, Alessandro said:

Been a couple of very fishy posts on this thread in defence of the club…..

I mean, rather than making up faceless profiles on here…you know, you could always….I don’t know, maybe, do a little bit of, what do you call it?!…PR at the club? Talk to the fans a little bit and maybe speculation would calm down….

But SL clearly feels above talking to the nasty City fans these days…

I think NP has done a good job, the restructuring of finances and bringing through of young players being the highlights. I think some of his signings have been poor, something we can’t afford I.e Mehmeti, Cornick.

I would be happy to see him get a rolling deal, but if his back is stopping him doing the basics then the club are well within their rights to do as they please, plus only a few bad results away from the usual…..nothing here is controversial.

• Confused 4

10 hours ago, Harry said:

As I said earlier, it’s something I heard. But I know lots of posters on here get ‘info’ from some players, so perhaps those in the know can confirm. 
But yes, it’s what I heard. 

If that is the case, then I can fully understand why a new contract is not currently in discussion. The rights and wrongs of whether he should get one clearly have a huge favouring towards, but I’m just saying, if you are the club, you’d surely be wise to delay. 

Nige is no fool. He knows exactly what he’s doing here. 

Haven’t read all the replies, but NP has definitely attended training during the last five weeks, evidenced by his presence at some(not all) press conferences that are held at the RHPC, by his own admission the coaching up to a point is taken by younger fitter men, which is probably the case at other clubs whose managers are not the youngest or fittest (Warnock and Hodgson come to mind).

I keep on saying it but he is the Manager not just the head coach.

6 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Haven’t read all the replies, but NP has definitely attended training during the last five weeks

Yes, have been told the same by someone that has seen him there on several occasions. 

Knowing who told Harry that he hadn't attended for five weeks, I find it interesting that that person appears to be privately briefing against Nige. 

Just more evidence that the end is nigh for Nige at City.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, have been told the same by someone that has seen him there on several occasions. 

Knowing who told Harry that he hadn't attended for five weeks, I find it interesting that that person appears to be privately briefing against Nige. 

I take it Kid , you are talking about someone who is part of / employed by the Club ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is the most worrying thing I’ve read in this thread, I have no reason to disbelieve your statement and I don’t know either you or Harry, but you both seem sensible posters.

If there is a person or people who are behaving in this way I hope they are exposed for what they are.

The players seem 100% behind NP, I’m wondering if it’s either a high ranking pen pusher or a member of the Academy staff, either way I hope the lying bastard is exposed.

Like others on this thread - I think SL has been a good owner for us, overall. Of course he's made mistakes, but he's progessed us massively.

But this is where he loses me, if Nige goes.

Nige is building something. I would question, why we would get rid at this time.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can I ask, why do you think the end is nigh for Pearson, is it just the events of this week? Or is there other stuff? 

17 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

I think NP has done a good job, the restructuring of finances and bringing through of young players being the highlights. I think some of his signings have been poor, something we can’t afford I.e Mehmeti, Cornick.

I would be happy to see him get a rolling deal, but if his back is stopping him doing the basics then the club are well within their rights to do as they please, plus only a few bad results away from the usual…..nothing here is controversial.

I don’t know one fan whose expectation of Pearson is top 6 or bust - as you said earlier.

Regarding restructuring - I think ‘restructuring’ is far too soft a word and does huge discredit to the work he and RG undertook when they joined. We were well on course to fail FFP - that’s not a restructuring, that’s emergency surgery.

Regarding affording poor signings - well, where were you for the Ashton, Johnson, Holden era?!? Sorry, did you just sleep through the last 5 years? Two cheap signings that haven’t quite taken off is hardly a stick to beat him with when we were in a multimillion pound transfer hole. Nigel has had peanuts to work with relatively, developed and sold our biggest ever transfer, not to see the rewards?!

I think the back issue is an issue, absolutely, but as always - communication is key, not just the fans, but to NP himself. He deserves that as a minimum. Stay or go, he deserves that minimum courtesy of open discussions - instead he’s met with disdain and no public support from the club.

All with the threat of “a few bad games” and you’re sacked over his head - when frankly I would bet quite heavily that is in 8th are outperforming our wage and transfer budget league position. 

• Like 3

One things for sure , if somebody is claiming that NP hasn’t been at training at any time in last five weeks , and it’s somebody Pearson has contact with , somebody at the club , and it’s a poisoned lie.........and he gets to hear about this , from social media or elsewhere ........ Good luck to that person 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I don’t know one fan whose expectation of Pearson is top 6 or bust - as you said earlier.

Regarding restructuring - I think ‘restructuring’ is far too soft a word and does huge discredit to the work he and RG undertook when they joined. We were well on course to fail FFP - that’s not a restructuring, that’s emergency surgery.

Regarding affording poor signings - well, where were you for the Ashton, Johnson, Holden era?!? Sorry, did you just sleep through the last 5 years? Two cheap signings that haven’t quite taken off is hardly a stick to beat him with when we were in a multimillion pound transfer hole. Nigel has had peanuts to work with relatively, developed and sold our biggest ever transfer, not to see the rewards?!

I think the back issue is an issue, absolutely, but as always - communication is key, not just the fans, but to NP himself. He deserves that as a minimum. Stay or go, he deserves that minimum courtesy of open discussions - instead he’s met with disdain and no public support from the club.

All with the threat of “a few bad games” and you’re sacked over his head - when frankly I would bet quite heavily that is in 8th are outperforming our wage and transfer budget league position. 

I was just repeating what Pearson said himself, 3 years needed to get us into the playoffs. Its the same with anyone, losing steak more often than not leads to dismissal nowadays.

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It's not just about NP leaving it's the fact we all know his replacement will be extremely underwhelming and all progression made under NP will be for nothing.

Probably Rowett unfortunately.