IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

13 hours ago, Superjack said:

THEN COMMUNICATE THAT TO HIM!!

Ffs.

Nothing to do with his health imo. This has been rumbling on since well before his back/leg problem.

Of course, it does provide the perfect smokescreen. 😠

How do you know that SL or JL have not communicated this? You say this is nothing  to do with his health and yet it would seem to be the issue here. Harry makes a very good argument for this but it seems you and others  cant accept the most obvious scenario. By nature health issues are very personal and not to be broadcast, which is why perhaps there is no news that we are privvy  too. OK Pearson has made a couple of veiled comments which is very much his style, if his condition means he cannot fulfill his duties then he obviously would be looking for financial security by way of a contact extension...SL is no mug.

I fully support Nigel but this hysteria on here is crazy, so fickle, if we lost on Saturday the mood in the room would be very different, it might even change as soon as  next Saturday, for me the club is more important than any one person be it Nige Steve or Jon. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

• Admin
6 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It's not just about NP leaving it's the fact we all know his replacement will be extremely underwhelming and all progression made under NP will be for nothing.

We could appoint Guardiola but as long as we have the same people at the top of the tree we're not going anywhere different 

• Like 11
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

I was just repeating what Pearson said himself, 3 years needed to get us into the playoffs. Its the same with anyone, losing steak more often than not leads to dismissal nowadays.

Yes , that’s fair

Having to slash the wage budget , having to sell your very best players , having your hands tied in terms of recruitment and size of squad ,  and injuries , shouldn’t ever be any excuse or mitigation for not hitting your Target

Ps I’m not sure Pearsons  lost any steak , but if you mean streak , what is this ‘losing streak’ you are referring to ?

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1
  • Flames 4

1 minute ago, cotswoldred2 said:

How do you know that SL or JL have not communicated this? You say this is nothing  to do with his health and yet it would seem to be the issue here. Harry makes a very good argument for this but it seems you and others  cant accept the most obvious scenario. By nature health issues are very personal and not to be broadcast, which is why perhaps there is no news that we are privvy  too. OK Pearson has made a couple of veiled comments which is very much his style, if his condition means he cannot fulfill his duties then he obviously would be looking for financial security by way of a contact extension...SL is no mug.

I fully support Nigel but this hysteria on here is crazy, so fickle, if we lost on Saturday the mood in the room would be very different, it might even change as soon as  next Saturday, for me the club is more important than any one person be it Nige Steve or Jon. 

I don't agree it would be different CR2. I would like to think the vast majority of our fellow supporters understand and appreciate the job Nige has done thus far. A defeat wouldn't change that opinion IMHO.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , that’s fair

Having to slash the wage budget , having to sell your very best players , having your hands tied in terms of recruitment and size of squad ,  and injuries , shouldn’t ever be any excuse or mitigation for not hitting your Target

Ps I’m not sure Pearsons  lost any steak , but if you mean streak , what is this ‘losing streak’ you are referring to ?

You are posting these points as if they were completely unknown, Pearson knew he was going to need to slash the wage budget, why are you making out as if this is some kind of shock? It was literally his brief. Hasn’t Pearson regularly stated that he likes a smaller squad, not sure why you are using something he has actively encouraged as a negative hand he has been dealt with.

Not sure what you’re meaning by last paragraph, my point was any manager not NP specifically. 

I'd be amazed if the guy who KITR/Harry is referring to is Tins, that makes literally no sense. Don't Nige and Tins have a decent relationship? I'd imagine it's someone more non-playing staff related, though admittedly don't know much of the structural setup of the club.

On a side note, I tend to defend SL and the like a fair bit on here. I think at times the reaction can be over the top and downright nasty. But I can't deny that this is extremely frustrating - Pearson has done an outstanding job in a situation where many managers would be in a relegation battle or worse. I can't really remember a time when the fans have been so united over a manager that the board didn't want, so this will be an interesting one to see play out. If Pearson is let go in an unreasonable fashion, then it will say everything about our lack of success as a club over the past 15 years or so.

Edited by nebristolred

9 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Exactly this. NP has done a good job but people are treating him like the messiah.

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

I'd be amazed if the guy who KITR/Harry is referring to is Tins, that makes literally no sense. Don't Nige and Tins have a decent relationship? I'd imagine it's someone more non-playing staff related, though admittedly don't know much of the structural setup of the club.

On a side note, I tend to defend SL and the like a fair bit on here. I think at times the reaction can be over the top and downright nasty. But I can't deny that this is extremely frustrating - Pearson has done an outstanding job in a situation where many managers would be in a relegation battle or worse. I can't really remember a time when the fans have been so united over a manager that the board didn't want, so this will be an interesting one to see play out.

A lot would also depend on who he was replaced with if he went. An outside of the box exciting new manager who appease the fan base…..can’t see it happening though.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yes , that’s fair

People just don’t get it and there’s no point in trying to point out what’s changed in the time that’s elapsed.  Absolutely clueless - at best! 

10 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

NP's comments on Saturday would suggest that nothing has been communicated to him hence his frustration with the situation. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Like others on this thread - I think SL has been a good owner for us, overall. Of course he's made mistakes, but he's progessed us massively.

But this is where he loses me, if Nige goes.

Nige is building something. I would question, why we would get rid at this time.

100% with you there. 

It would be the mistake to end all other Lansdown mistakes, some of which at least had some logic to them, in hindsight.

When he stood by LJ in 2017, Lansdown talked about the benefits of stability at a club. Pearson took a bit longer to get City on track then I hoped (perhaps because at the time, I underestimated how off-the-rails we were), but now, as you say, he has a project, an ethos, a method of building for a long-term future. There is stability.

• Like 13

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't agree it would be different CR2. I would like to think the vast majority of our fellow supporters understand and appreciate the job Nige has done thus far. A defeat wouldn't change that opinion IMHO.

There is some that would Ska , some on here that sway in mood almost week to week , almost entirely based on the latest result or two 

Thankfully , there are a heartening group and majority on here , that’s grown , looking deeper, recognising the job Pearson is doing and has done , a lot of it away from the 90 mins on a Saturday , to benefit the Club long term , with the actual Saturday performances taking generally , an upward creep

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Exactly this. NP has done a good job but people are treating him like the messiah.

And you haven’t reappeared on the forum with a anti Pearson agenda either have you ......

19 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

A lot would also depend on who he was replaced with if he went. An outside of the box exciting new manager who appease the fan base…..can’t see it happening though.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

’An outside of the box exciting new manager’...... hang on let’s google , I bet there’s a list somewhere.....

Quotes from the Post re his neurological condition and how it has affected his presence at trading for clarity. 

Bristol City manager Nigel Pearson has revealed he is dealing with an unspecified neurological issue along with his back problem, which is the reason he’s needed to walk with the aid of crutches for the last six weeks.

Pearson has been hampered by the ailment since the September international break, which has left the Robins boss unable to move without two crutches by his side.

The 60-year-old has continued to work through the discomfort and obvious logistical difficulties and has been in charge for each of City’s seven matches since, although he’s had to spend the majority of the 90 minutes either seated in the dugout or stands.

He’s undergone a series of tests, which have confirmed he requires back surgery. While the root of the neurological issue is yet to be discovered, Pearson has thankfully ruled out anything particularly serious, such as cancer.

“I know people know about the fact I need a back operation and that hasn’t changed, of course, but that’s not really the main problem for me at the minute, it’s a neurological situation,” Pearson said.

“I’m still awaiting further tests to find out what the prognosis is and one of the things that I’m trying to avoid at the minute is blanket treatment. There’s no point going onto steroids and that having some sort of an impact, and it masking what it is.

“The good news from my perspective is all the sinister possibilities - cancer etc - have all been ruled out. What I need to do now is wait for an opportunity whereby I can get into hospital and get it all done in one hit which might take 24-48 hours.

“What I don’t want to do is prolong it over 4, 5, 6 weeks. It’s just one of those situations where the symptoms that I have don’t match the scans in terms of the back so we have to investigate other areas.”

It has impacted his presence on the pitches of the High Performance Centre, with Curtis Fleming and Jason Euell guiding the players on the field, but he’s still been able to conduct the majority of his managerial duties outside of a matchday.

Fleming has taken on a more pronounced role in terms of post-match media duties, as the Ashton Gate press room is on the first floor of the Lansdown Stand, but for the most part Pearson insists it'll largely be business as usual.

“In the meantime, we as a working group of people have to adapt slightly how I and we work,” Pearson added. “You know already I’m a bit more of an observational type of person anyway, and it’s more about the work place really, more than anything.

“I’m awaiting to find out what the next step will be. In the meantime, of course, what’s important is that we continue to work closely together as a group of staff to make sure, as always, the players come first and that’s what I will always do.

“On a personal level, it’s a bit frustrating, but on a professional level it’s just something I’ve got to deal with.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

NP's comments on Saturday would suggest that nothing has been communicated to him hence his frustration with the situation. 

Well it would be crazy even beyond any theories on here that SL has not had any dialogue with Pearson be it personal or business. If that is the case then I fully back Nigel ....but it does seem very far fetched.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

What the heck is that ? Something from a kids santa wish list ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

100% with you there. 

It would be the mistake to end all other Lansdown mistakes, some of which at least had some logic to them, in hindsight.

When he stood by LJ in 2017, Lansdown talked about the benefits of stability at a club. Pearson took a bit longer to get City on track then I hoped (perhaps because at the time, I underestimated how off-the-rails we were), but now, as you say, he has a project, an ethos, a method of building for a long-term future. There is stability.

I think stability is a key word, and cohesion too.

We're not scintillating currently, but despite injury troubles and not being at our best, only 2 Championship teams have conceded fewer goals so far this season.

It seems a bad time to shake things up.

My only caveat is that a losing run would change the optics.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

Farke went to Norwich as a former number 2, something like that from the continent, won’t happen though.

He wasn’t a number 2.  You can’t even get that right.  But you’d be happy to tear up all the good work under such tight constraints performed by Nige  to get a Bundesliga reserve team coach on a punt? As I’ve said, whoever you are - you are completely clueless.   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

You are posting these points as if they were completely unknown, Pearson knew he was going to need to slash the wage budget, why are you making out as if this is some kind of shock? It was literally his brief. Hasn’t Pearson regularly stated that he likes a smaller squad, not sure why you are using something he has actively encouraged as a negative hand he has been dealt with.

Not sure what you’re meaning by last paragraph, my point was any manager not NP specifically. 

Yet Steve has never publicly praised Nigel for achieving the objectives. Could that be because he'd have to admit that Nigel cleaned up the mess that Steve himself created with his indulgence of Ashton and Johnson? Surely not?!😇

• Like 9
  • Flames 6

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Christ sake, it’s comments like this which really show which people understand football.

Just because Farke went to Norwich as a former number 2 on the continent, someone like that must be exciting and a probable success. In what world is “yeah but he’s a ex Bundesliga number 2” a measure of excitement over other candidates? Clue - it isn’t. I’m bloody sick of people saying “we need a progressive foreign manager” (and this isn’t a xenophobic thing) as if it’s a silver bullet. It’s not. It’s the next shiny new thing people who don’t understand football like to say to try and make themselves look clever (Hello Ryan Dilks…)

I’ll tell you who’s an exciting appointment that would galvanise the fanbase. Nigel Pearson. This thread proves that.

You’re being overly dramatic.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

Given this interview was on Radio Bristol it’ll be interesting to see if it’s covered on Sound Of The City tonight. 

I normally find it very biased to the club hierarchy (Hoskins even said a few shows back that “we can’t criticise Steve Lansdown”) but there is surely enough here to have a reasonable debate.

@Davefevs don’t suppose you are on?

3 minutes ago, One Team said:

Given this interview was on Radio Bristol it’ll be interesting to see if it’s covered on Sound Of The City tonight. 

I normally find it very biased to the club hierarchy (Hoskins even said a few shows back that “we can’t criticise Steve Lansdown”) but there is surely enough here to have a reasonable debate.

@Davefevs don’t suppose you are on?

I think we have to remember that Hoskins needs to keep all relationships open on all sides. If he said “we can’t criticise Steve Lansdown” what was the context, was there nothing added after like “ because he’s put a lot into the club” which would make a perfectly reasonable comment and undo your accusation of his being biased. 

• Like 1