IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

1 hour ago, Bobby girl said:

Kid in a Riot I value your posts normally but the one about sooner than later(NP) has left me feeling depressed as you seem to be one of the ITK people. I really hope that you are wrong.

59 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Simply the most disturbing thing I’ve read on OTIB in a very long time and given it’s from Kid I have no doubt it’s genuine and well informed.

I don't have much to add to brighten the mood unfortunately. In fact if I were to go into some specifics I'd imagine the anger and frustration felt would be worse.

I think the situation is reminiscent of the lead up to Cotterill's departure. A CEO leaving at the end of the summer, an outspoken manager showing their frustration, ultimately leading to a decision being made by the Lansdowns to fire him, but take their time in doing it so that they could line up a replacement.

Last time it was LJ, who'd they'd been speaking to weeks ahead of Cotterill's departure, and this time there is also time for a succession plan. 

It could be weeks still until this all comes to a head, or it could be days. I guess the natural cut-off point would be as it was with Cotterill, the new year, when the window opens and the new man can begin to help steer the recruitment process.

As I said earlier today, bar a miraculous run off form under Nige, I can't at the moment see how things play out any differently to the above. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't have much to add to brighten the mood unfortunately. In fact if I were to go into some specifics I'd imagine the anger and frustration felt would be worse.

I think the situation is reminiscent of the lead up to Cotterill's departure. A CEO leaving at the end of the summer, an outspoken manager showing their frustration, ultimately leading to a decision being made by the Lansdowns to fire him, but take their time in doing it so that they could line up a replacement.

Last time it was LJ, who'd they'd been speaking to weeks ahead of Cotterill's departure, and this time there is also time for a succession plan. 

It could be weeks still until this all comes to a head, or it could be days. I guess the natural cut-off point would be as it was with Cotterill, the new year, when the window opens and the new man can begin to help steer the recruitment process.

As I said earlier today, bar a miraculous run off form under Nige, I can't at the moment see how things play out any differently to the above. 

Well, this is catastrophic. 

For me particularly. 

It seems that for the first time since I was knee high to a bar stool, I am going to have to terminate my support of what was once a wonderful football club. 

At least until this family of charlatans have departed. 😪😪😪

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Football is a brutal business, NP knows this full well - if the club wants to go in a different direction then that’s their prerogative. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Was thinking this earlier. I think he's gone. Parallels not just with Cotts but how his other jobs have played out. Very interested to see who they've lined up.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How depressing.

Out of interest, who was the outgoing CEO before Cotts was sacked?  Pelling?

This time around, City aren’t in the lower reaches of the Championship….will create concern for prospective applicants.  As you know, people in football talk….even with NDAs.

• Like 3

Just now, Gabriella said:

Football is a brutal business, NP knows this full well - if the club wants to go in a different direction then that’s their prerogative. 

I am angry at the 'club'. More so than I have ever been. 

Please don't reply to any of my posts in the near future, as I do not wish to be angry at individuals. 

Thank you.

Just now, Superjack said:

I am angry at the 'club'. More so than I have ever been. 

Please don't reply to any of my posts in the near future, as I do not wish to be angry at individuals. 

Thank you.

Genuine question, why are you so worked up about it? You seem bereft (I’m not taking the piss).

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Please explain?

What is there to explain, Pearson falling out with clubs isn’t uncommon, the debacle at Derby was clear to everyone to see. There is always a danger that when you are the blunt forthright type you may not be to everyone’s taste, especially an imagine conscious owner….

I appreciate he has mellowed with age, but Pearson ain’t no saint, from being labelled a bully by people in the media to telling fans to ‘**** off and die’ when things at Leicester turned sour.

don’t get me wrong it seems he is being treated harshly here, but he ain’t the messiah that some are making out on here.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If what you are saying is true (not doubting it based on past experience) I would be very surprised if Nige hasn't got wind of it, if you have why wouldn't he, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is saying his goodbyes very quickly. I would even doubt whether he is here at the weekend. Why would you bother to keep the seat warm for Gary Rowett or whoever in his predicament?

2 minutes ago, Gabriella said:

I’m not trolling anyone. If NP goes so be it, I think he deserves a new rolling deal but I’m not in the ‘Pearson must stay’ camp. I’m entitled to that opinion.

We’re well aware of your opinion and you’re completely entitled to it.  But you’re being an absolute **** on here today.  Just **** off.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If what you are saying is true (not doubting it based on past experience) I would be very surprised if Nige hasn't got wind of it, if you have why wouldn't he, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is saying his goodbyes very quickly. I would even doubt whether he is here at the weekend. Why would you bother to keep the seat warm for Gary Rowett or whoever in his predicament?

My exact thoughts.   He’s not stupid and as manager he will know what’s going on behind the scenes.   Surely he would go if it’s true (and like you I have no reason to doubt KITR). 

Edited by lenred

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Shocking if this happens. 

Just now, lenred said:

My exact thoughts.   He’s not stupid and as manager he will know what’s going on behind the scenes.   Surely he would go if it’s true (and like you I have no reason to doubt KITR). 

What does that even mean? How do you know if I’m dramatic or not if you’re new today?  manual manipulator…

That’s not a serious question surely…. I can read! 

If this happens, it’s far and away the stupidest thing the Lansdown’s have done. Forget giving LJ a 5 year deal, or handing over the keys to the club to an egotistical charlatan, or employing the manager’s brother as the scouting ‘network’, or giving Holden the job over Hughton.

This would top the lot for me, and I’ve been a happy clapper on here, always supporting them all the way.

Extremely, extremely frustrating.

Thanks for the update btw KITR.

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 16