IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

I’m sure this has been said already (I haven’t got the stamina to read through it all), but surely it is reasonable to consider that the club does not think Nigel is medically fit enough to continue in the role? It seems people are jumping to the conclusion that the Lansdowns don’t like Nige, but perhaps they simply don’t think he is fit enough to extend his contract. Nige himself said that it is neurological which is medically defined as disorders that affect the brain and the nervous system. They may not have gone public on this as Nige has his rights to Medical privacy. 

That seems far more Likely than the idea the Lansdowns are desperate to get rid of a manager that’s doing pretty well. Not everything is a conspiracy 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If what you are saying is true (not doubting it based on past experience) I would be very surprised if Nige hasn't got wind of it, if you have why wouldn't he, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is saying his goodbyes very quickly. I would even doubt whether he is here at the weekend. Why would you bother to keep the seat warm for Gary Rowett or whoever in his predicament?

Nige getting wind of it would explain his comments at the weekend and why he said he was p’ed off with what has gone on in the last couple of weeks. 

Edited by eardun

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

To be fair to whoever this controversial poster is, this thread has contained a few posters saying they'll quit support if Nige is sacked, which is a tad OTT, albeit we've heard it many times before on various issues.

I think you underestimate just the strength of feeling

Many , and I’d guess or suggest , many who’ve seen a bit over the years , recognise what Pearson has done , and , actually , what a decent place we are in , to move forward , maybe not in giant strides , but in a structured way with stability

i think many , and I find it refreshing , realise just what a monumental cluster **** decision this would be by the Lansdowns as NP having cleared the site and dug the foundations is just starting to lay the bricks

As I’ve posted recently the Lansdowns have made some disastrous choices and appointments and  - only the off field stuff helps any argument about a positive ownership IMHO but this , if KITR is right is actually laughable

Many have actually had enough if this pans out

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I’m sure this has been said already (I haven’t got the stamina to read through it all), but surely it is reasonable to consider that the club does not think Nigel is medically fit enough to continue in the role? It seems people are jumping to the conclusion that the Lansdowns don’t like Nige, but perhaps they simply don’t think he is fit enough to extend his contract. Nige himself said that it is neurological which is medically defined as disorders that affect the brain and the nervous system. They may not have gone public on this as Nige has his rights to Medical privacy. 

That seems far more Likely than the idea the Lansdowns are desperate to get rid of a manager that’s doing pretty well. Not everything is a conspiracy 

They haven't gone public and they don't need to that is true. Unfortunately where the "plan" fails is they've forgotten to inform Nige about it too........if you think that's the way to treat somebody you have respect for then all power to you, not for many of us though.

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If what you are saying is true (not doubting it based on past experience) I would be very surprised if Nige hasn't got wind of it, if you have why wouldn't he, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is saying his goodbyes very quickly. I would even doubt whether he is here at the weekend. Why would you bother to keep the seat warm for Gary Rowett or whoever in his predicament?

He walks, he gets nothing. He stays, he gets the negotiated pay off of the rest of his contract? 

I get your point though. If i knew my boss was about to sack me after doing a bloody good job under shity circumstances, i'd be inclined to put my feet up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

He walks, he gets nothing. He stays, he gets the negotiated pay off of the rest of his contract? 

I get your point though. If i knew my boss was about to sack me after doing a bloody good job under shity circumstances, i'd be inclined to put my feet up.

Yep, do what you like and say what you like. In other words force the issue!!

• Like 1

I have, over the last few hours, moved from hoping there was nothing in this to contemplating when it will happen.

I have supported the City through good and bad times for 60+ years. This will be one of the most disappointing and disconcerting decisions during my lifetime of support.

When watching the City I’m sometimes disheartened by things that happen on the pitch however, this is in a different league entirely as it is a decision/situation of our own making.

• Like 3

If what is being said is true, I just find it incredible that Lansdown isn’t seeing the progress that we are making under Pearson and his staff. And all that while reducing costs and squad size. It’s blindingly obvious. I can only assume that Pearson’s health is clouding the decision-making. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

He saved Watford from relegation.

Not entirely.

He pulled them out of the mire hut after a pivotal West Ham gsme he was sacked as their final 2 games were Man City at home and Arsenal away albeit behind closed doors due to Covid.

However he did a very good job there, think they'd won one game by mid December when he arrived- doomed! Might he have lost by less v Man City and clawed a result at that stage midtableish Arsenal to pull it out? Perhaps!

So much hysteria on this thread. I totally get the frustration of the Lansdown’s lack of transparency in recent times but so many are talking as if NP is the messiah. I agree he’s done a good job in difficult circumstances and that we’re now in a healthy position football wise (with a optimistic future) but the jury is still out on the pitch, to a certain extent. If we were to lose the next 4 games, how many on here would have changed their minds. A lot, I expect!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, B-Rizzle said:

So much hysteria on this thread. I totally get the frustration of the Lansdown’s lack of transparency in recent times but so many are talking as if NP is the messiah. I agree he’s done a good job in difficult circumstances and that we’re now in a healthy position football wise (with a optimistic future) but the jury is still out on the pitch, to a certain extent. If we were to lose the next 4 games, how many on here would have changed their minds. A lot, I expect!

Sanity. 

• Like 1

When Lansdown was asked about Pearson in an interview, there was a long pause. Then he said, in a nervous and frightened voice "Well, we don't always agree". Then he changed the subject to Mark Robbins and started to shower praise upon him. 

Pearson's two great crimes are 

1. Having a Championship promotion on his CV.

2. Therefore not bowing down to the great "Get promoted to the Premier League the Lansdown Way" master plan.

You can get away with 1. at BS3. But not 2. The purpose of the manager at City is not to win football matches. It is to flatter Steve's ego. Why else do you think, in Dec 2017, he sought out a national media outlet and said, quite unprompted, "I prefer Lee Johnson to Jose Mourinho"?

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, B-Rizzle said:

With the current injuries and lack of squad depth it is a possibility we could lose the next 4. Hopefully no more injuries otherwise those 17 and 18 year old players on the bench will need to step in. 

2 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Why would your decision and opinion change on four results ?

Is that how shallow you look ?

Surely , any sensible opinion should be an overall assessment , based on his tenure to date , the job he’s done, and whether there is a long term stability or upward curve , or a long or medium term down curve 

Four results...... FML

The impatient football supporter 

By that criteria Lee Johnson could have been sacked 4 times a season

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Well, this is catastrophic. 

For me particularly. 

It seems that for the first time since I was knee high to a bar stool, I am going to have to terminate my support of what was once a wonderful football club. 

At least until this family of charlatans have departed. 😪😪😪

If Pearson is sacked at this present point in time, I'll be cancelling my direct debit for 3 season tickets. I've never done that before. 

As we'll both be at a loose end at 3pm on a Saturday, we could both meet up every week and just thank each other 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Why would your decision and opinion change on four results ?

Is that how shallow you look ?

Surely , any sensible opinion should be an overall assessment , based on his tenure to date , the job he’s done, and whether there is a long term stability or upward curve , or a long or medium term down curve 

Four results...... FML

The impatient football supporter 

By that criteria Lee Johnson could have been sacked 4 times a season

The problem with your arguement is that LJ actually should have been sacked 4 times a season.