IGNORED

Pearson Post Match

petehinton

In my entire time on OTIB I have never witnessed more bedwetting based entirely on echo chambers and conjecture.

SL may or may not move on, NP may or may not move on. Either event is just another bump in the road.

Most of us will stay- BCFC will prevail. This is not 1982 or remotely similar.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

In my entire time on OTIB I have never witnessed more bedwetting based entirely on echo chambers and conjecture.

SL may or may not move on, NP may or may not move on. Either event is just another bump in the road.

No one said it is 😬

The whole 82 thing as a barometer for everything has had its day. It was over 40 years ago, move on. The world has. 

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't have much to add to brighten the mood unfortunately. In fact if I were to go into some specifics I'd imagine the anger and frustration felt would be worse.

I think the situation is reminiscent of the lead up to Cotterill's departure. A CEO leaving at the end of the summer, an outspoken manager showing their frustration, ultimately leading to a decision being made by the Lansdowns to fire him, but take their time in doing it so that they could line up a replacement.

Last time it was LJ, who'd they'd been speaking to weeks ahead of Cotterill's departure, and this time there is also time for a succession plan. 

It could be weeks still until this all comes to a head, or it could be days. I guess the natural cut-off point would be as it was with Cotterill, the new year, when the window opens and the new man can begin to help steer the recruitment process.

As I said earlier today, bar a miraculous run off form under Nige, I can't at the moment see how things play out any differently to the above. 

He got it spot on when he got rid of Cotts. Lower league manager and we were going straight back down.

This time we have a proven manager, who worked miracles at Leicester. And he’s building something. Would be mental to let Pearson go 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I agree, the hysteria on here is unbelievable 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, ray savino said:

how do you explain the apparent success of Ashton at Ipswich since his period here left such a mess? Was LJ not that great a bright young coach? Was SL  and JL too incompetent in their overseeing of MA/LJ? Ultimately who was responsible for messing up during this time?

In answer to your question: it’s most likely LJ & Holden were imposed on Ashton.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ray savino said:

I wonder if this is all a big plan between SL, Downsey and NP to get all the fans fired up to actually create an atmosphere on Wednesday night? 

Downsey can’t even call subs out properly, let alone set and execute a plan of reverse psychology  

• Haha 6

Just now, GrahamC said:

Me neither & I don’t think the other poster is exactly sat on the fence either.

If he goes I’m pretty sure at the moment that’s me done with the club until Lansdown & his son ***** off.

I have a ST but I’m probably not going to bother to go & definitely will not renew.

For anyone on here who wants to call that an overreaction, **** you.

I’ve been watching City for 50 years, did almost every game home & away when we were in the fourth division & am not interested in lectures on being a true fan.

Lansdown & his son are absolutely clueless & so can carry on making a mess of it without me.

I genuinely hope you continue to enjoy being a City fan irrespective of what happens with Nige. We can't be pushed out of our own club like that. 

But if that season ticket is going free...:ph34r:😜

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Look up every manager out of contract right now. Every manager who might take a job here.

£5 says you will not find a better candidate than Pearson. If he was doing the job he is currently doing at a comparable club, lets say Preston, we'd all be saying there's not way he'd come here. We have the best possible person for the gig going. What a joke it would be to entertain Eustace/Rowett etc. It will probably be Robins. OLD BOYS CLUB!

I don't often get any ITK news, but as it stands Pearson is done. 

If you look at who's available and who's attainable to replace Pearson, then the perfect candidate is Pearson himself. 

1 hour ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Ok so if Pearson goes, rennie goes, king goes I would imagine - with a budget being cut, and players who joined and are committed to Nige (James specifically) - SL and co should be aware that if they do this, it could end very, very badly. It’s a huge risk. 

I work at a demanding company, some of my colleagues I don’t really like, but I know their value. You don’t have to be mates, in fact it can help when you are not. 

My 2 pence, he will appoint a more subservient coach, and back them with the funds which would have enabled nige to get us ti the top 6. The new coach won’t achieve it, and we will have wasted another 3 years. 

I'd go as far as saying we'd be more likely to be involved in a relegation scrap rather than a promotion push if Pearson is let go. Very rarely in football does it work out replacing a popular manager who's doing a good job. 

Nige is very well thought of amongst his staff and the playing squad. We've seen that we have a team that will run through brick walls for him. For us, having a manager like that is rare. 

There will be a lot of very unhappy people in the building if he is replaced and a new manager will struggle to get the support of those people.

If Nige goes then we can wave goodbye to a lot of staff and players also.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't have much to add to brighten the mood unfortunately. In fact if I were to go into some specifics I'd imagine the anger and frustration felt would be worse.

I think the situation is reminiscent of the lead up to Cotterill's departure. A CEO leaving at the end of the summer, an outspoken manager showing their frustration, ultimately leading to a decision being made by the Lansdowns to fire him, but take their time in doing it so that they could line up a replacement.

Last time it was LJ, who'd they'd been speaking to weeks ahead of Cotterill's departure, and this time there is also time for a succession plan. 

It could be weeks still until this all comes to a head, or it could be days. I guess the natural cut-off point would be as it was with Cotterill, the new year, when the window opens and the new man can begin to help steer the recruitment process.

As I said earlier today, bar a miraculous run off form under Nige, I can't at the moment see how things play out any differently to the above. 

Thanks- it's entirely brightened the mood.

The idea of actually having a succession plan in place is great news. Spending a couple of months interviewing external candidates only to appoint the assistant Manager or a player coach doesn't seem to do very well at this club.

Heyho- we go again.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The idea of actually having a succession plan in place is great news. Spending a couple of months interviewing external candidates only to appoint the assistant Manager or a player coach doesn't seem to do very well at this club.

Heyho- we go again.

Brightened your mood. For 98% of us it hasn’t so you cannot claim the definite article.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

I've avoided posting for a bit as taking a break for my collective sanity.

I'll weigh in on this and resume said break.

We've had no consistency at this club in 15 years. We've bounced from extreme to extreme, like a perpetual 300 tonne pendulum. Most of which stemmed from - despite major fiscal input - completely Inept stratagem from ownership down.

For the first time in said period, we seem to have a modicum of stability, no stupid fees being spent, a manager who knows what he's doing, and club culture I can get behind with great work into the academy behind the scenes. Give him a two year extension and get on with it.

What reason do we realistically have. With this squad as thin as is. To sack NP or to not offer him new deal based on the current league table, when LJ got an extension after one of the worst runs of a city manager in history?

This is why we havent had stability. We finally actually have some now that NP has oversaw a two year clear out of the MA/ LJ debacle.

While above him we have an incompetent owner in the mould of Championship Moshiri with regards to blowing money despite soundbites about sustainability, nepotism to the fore with his son on the board, who only backed the least qualified manager in the clubs last quarter century as he was and is a family friend.

It's the kind of behaviour I'd expect from Chansiri or the Pozzo Family, when written on paper. SL gets seems to get a free ride because he's English and from Bristol with regards to the overall strategy. The only benefit has been the infrastructure.

Great post and points Fuber

It was worth the wait 👍🏻

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Heyho- we go again.

I believe the succession plan is currently employed.

His name is Rob Edwards and he's at Luton Town in the Premier League.  That's not me joking about SL and the Luton model....That is who I understand the club had earmarked, whilst he was at FGR, which is only 16 months ago.

I assume they've updated the succession plan?

I've nothing against Edwards at all (quite like him, not as much as Duff or Taylor from that group), but it maybe shows which pond we might be looking in for Nige's replacement.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

His name is Rob Edwards and he's at Luton Town in the Premier League.  That's not me joking about SL and the Luton model....That is who I understand the club had earmarked, whilst he was at FGR, which is only 16 months ago.

I've nothing against Edwards at all (quite like him, not as much as Duff or Taylor from that group), but it maybe shows which pond we might be looking in for Nige's replacement.

Thoughts?

Probably be Luke Williams then.

Really not bothered who it is, it makes absolutely no sense & sums up how little the Lansdowns know about football (nothing).

• Like 3

I’m not sure any of us can be completely confident what’s going on.

But one thing we can say for sure is the “hierarchy’s” complete lack of communication is allowing us to fill in the silence ourselves with rumours and conjecture. 

Which doesn’t breed confidence in their ability to run an organisation very well…

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would guess/ hope  they've earmarked a few younger,  "lower" league managers as that's where we've been shopping for players. 

The list of out of work managers is just depressing and as someone has already pointed out, Nige would be top of that list 😁

Any names spring to mind? 

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yes, but I was on hiatus from City for nearly all his tenure, so it slipped my mind. I came back after the playoff final season. I missed the good times with AD as well as I only started going when the decline started, though I did see some games over 2/3 seasons of the real 1st division.

You were on a BREAK !

• Haha 2

On 22/10/2023 at 20:21, Harry said:

I think his health is absolutely relevant. 
Others may know more than me, but as far as I’m aware, with Nigel’s current back situation, he’s very rarely been at training in the past few weeks. 
I know some folks on here know and hear things from a few players, so no doubt they’d be able to confirm. 

But basically, if the manager is too unwell to attend training, then he’s not really able to fulfil the material duties of being a manager. 
Therefore, why would he be offered a new contract at this moment in time whilst his health and thus his ability to fulfil the duties of his role are currently in doubt. 

100%, but that should be communicated to him.  He has clearly implied that he's heard nothing.  If what Kid says is true, then they're just plucking up the courage to tell him.