IGNORED

Roberts

Robin101

45 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Pearson must have the eyesight of a hawk if he could see Roberts "limping around" from where he was.

I think it was bollocks tbh.

Another quirky little Nige thing.

Weird times at BCFC and it's only going to get better/worse

He was clearly limping. 

Whilst I'm really pleased that Roberts was annoyed to be taken off. At this moment in time we can't afford to let a player play with a knock. We need him for Saturday. Great management by Nige.

9 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Mehmeti wouldn’t get a game if he was the last sub available and we were going down to 10 men . Nige clearly doesn’t want to know him , which won’t enamour him to SL given we spent £1m + on him . 

Nonsense. People were saying the same thing about Pring a year or so ago and look at him now. If there's one thing we've learnt about Pearson is that he's open to giving players a chance.

If he gets his head down, applies himself, and does what Pearson wants him to when he does get on the pitch he has as good a chance as anyone to get in the team.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Nonsense. People were saying the same thing about Pring a year or so ago and look at him now. If there's one thing we've learnt about Pearson is that he's open to giving players a chance.

If he gets his head down, applies himself, and does what Pearson wants him to when he does get on the pitch he has as good a chance as anyone to get in the team.

Yup, Vyner also. Mehmeti certainly has the ability but whether he has the will to make himself championship player isn't clear to me. The best thing he can do is to take in NP's lessons and work hard.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Pearson said he was limping round and given our current situation (with injured defenders?), we cant afford to risk him.

Makes total sense.

No he didn't. He said I don't want players who are limping, so I took him off. It was my decision.

Nigel did the right thing to bring him off - even if it was only a slight knock. We cannot risk adding more players to the injured list at the moment and we need as many fit for Cardiff as we can just to keep options available (especually with King going off). Sound tactical decision.

I watched Roberts go and sit next to Nigel when he sat on the bench for quick chat before Roberts then moved to a different seat. No storming down the tunnel, no ignoring each other, and it didn't look like a heated chat. Suggested to me (from the body language from a distance) that he was 'ok' with the decision. I thought it was good player management for Nigel to have a chat about whatever it was. Perhaps it was re-assurance or to duscuss why he was brought off. 

I don't think there was anything suspicious or any suggestion Nigel wasnt happy with him in the short time he was on the pitch.

Move on to Cardiff game now and hopefully he's fit to play a part.

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Didn’t look happy and had a bit of stuff to say as he went to sit down. Pearson literally ordered him to come and sit beside him. There was a few words, then he went and sat a few rows back in the dugout m.

Probably more performance or his on-pitch demeanour. Either way, I think it was more Pearson didn’t like something he saw with him.

Again.

Was lazy in his play when on and was pointing out Yeboah to do his defensive work for him.

25 minutes ago, Riaz said:

He defintely said given our situation

I assume you're talking about the Club post match video?

Pearson says at 00:56 "...Haydon I don't think will be a problem, but we can't afford in a game like that to have players limping around you know we needed to keep pushing them towards the end..."

The reference to the "situation" comes later at 01:24, in a general discussion of injuries.

"...look you just have to deal with it [getting injuries] there's no point looking at a situation like that and being too down about it..."

It is hard to separate them out as Pearson is his usual loquacious self, but I'd say @Sir Geoff has the better comprehension on this occasion.