IGNORED

Roberts

Robin101

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Said he was ‘limping’ and we couldn’t afford to have players ‘limping around’

Might have taken a knock , but I’m  not sure NP was too impressed 

Agree with this. Nige didn’t sound at all impressed with a player ‘limping around’ and said that he’d be fit for Saturday. Got the distinct impression that he’s not a big fan of Roberts based on that, and him being hooked early in the game at the weekend. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Agree with this. Nige didn’t sound at all impressed with a player ‘limping around’ and said that he’d be fit for Saturday. Got the distinct impression that he’s not a big fan of Roberts based on that, and him being hooked early in the game at the weekend. 

He explained in the pre match presser that the weekend was nothing personal. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Pearson’s comments make it even more confusing tbh. Says he was limping, but seemingly was a minor injury that he didn’t trust him to play though 

Yep not sure if he was bad enough to be brought off he would be available for Saturday. Didn’t hear the trust him to play through it comment but that is certainly a vote of no confidence .

I know it wasn’t like for like but why didn’t we bring on Memehti for last 5 as 1-0 down & whilst congratulations to James on debut we ended up with 2 x 17 year olds on our left. God knows where Memehti’s head is at the moment but how do we get the player back we all saw when signed without playing him.

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

As I said Lew , if you hear how he explained it , personally I got the impression he wasn’t enamoured with the ‘limping around’

If that’s the case then it’s a strange one. I thought Roberts did okay when he came on too.

We are incredibly light now though!

7 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

If that’s the case then it’s a strange one. I thought Roberts did okay when he came on too.

We are incredibly light now though!

I thought he was playing well, but I am confused as to where he was playing. He was too advanced to be a straightforward LB, but it would be strange for him to be LWB when Yeboah was directly in front of him. 

34 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Said he was ‘limping’ and we couldn’t afford to have players ‘limping around’

Might have taken a knock , but I’m  not sure NP was too impressed 

Yep clearly wasn't impressed with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Pearson must have the eyesight of hawk if he could see Roberts "limping around" from where he was.

I think it was bollocks tbh.

Another quirky little Nige thing.

Weird times at AG.

I could see He was clearly limping from B Block Dolman.  Happened on the first short corner 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Yep not sure if he was bad enough to be brought off not sure he would be available for Saturday. Didn’t hear the trust him to play through it comment but that is certainly a vote of no confidence .

I know it wasn’t like for like but why didn’t we bring on Memehti for last 5 as 1-0 down & whilst congratulations to James on debut we ended up with 2 x 17 year olds on our left. God knows where Memehti’s head is at the moment but how do we get the player back we all saw when signed without playing him.

Mehmeti wouldn’t get a game if he was the last sub available and we were going down to 10 men . Nige clearly doesn’t want to know him , which won’t enamour him to SL given we spent £1m + on him . 

• Like 2

Didn’t look happy and had a bit of stuff to say as he went to sit down. Pearson literally ordered him to come and sit beside him. There was a few words, then he went and sat a few rows back in the dugout m.

Probably more performance or his on-pitch demeanour. Either way, I think it was more Pearson didn’t like something he saw with him.

Again.

21 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Pearson must have the eyesight of a hawk if he could see Roberts "limping around" from where he was.

I think it was bollocks tbh.

Another quirky little Nige thing.

Weird times at BCFC and it's only going to get better/worse

The issue seems to be your eyesight. Was clearly limping before coming off. 

45 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Yep not sure if he was bad enough to be brought off not sure he would be available for Saturday. Didn’t hear the trust him to play through it comment but that is certainly a vote of no confidence .

Completely this Mark.

If he was injured, fair enough. But why bring on a 17 year old RB for his debut and put him LB when  you have only a few mins left to chase a close game?

Allied to that it was our last of 3 opportunities to sub, so as others have said why not bring Mehmeti on?

The players looked perplexed and on a number of occasions James had the option to pass to the other James but paused and passed out to Sykes on the right. It was clear that the players had no confidence in him being in that position.

Reminded me of when Kalas played alongside Bell, when he was at RB. On a number of occasions he refused to pass to him in that position as well.

• Like 1