IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Cardiff don't look massively up for it atm. We look bright.

Agreed but our let down is we keep trying to play long passes for our players to run onto but they are all way overhit meaning we just give the ball away. Need to be a bit smarter with our possession/passing choices.

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Slightly devils advocate here but…. 
Whose choice is it to go with a smaller squad? 
We clearly have an overall wage cap which we’re working to. 
Do we go with a small squad, with well paid older players, and rely upon the academy if we need to add numbers. 
Or do we not pay the high wages to a number of older pro’s and instead sign a larger but younger squad, on lower wages per head, and not have to call upon 18 year olds who have no place in a championship squad?

As said - I’m being a tad devils advocate here, but ultimately, we’ve worked to a budget and decided to go with a small squad 

Who is the ‘we’?  Surely only SL. Note CEO left, not replaced.  Didnevoicean opinion.   Next in line poor old Nige?

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

Slightly devils advocate here but…. 
Whose choice is it to go with a smaller squad? 
We clearly have an overall wage cap which we’re working to. 
Do we go with a small squad, with well paid older players, and rely upon the academy if we need to add numbers. 
Or do we not pay the high wages to a number of older pro’s and instead sign a larger but younger squad, on lower wages per head, and not have to call upon 18 year olds who have no place in a championship squad?

As said - I’m being a tad devils advocate here, but ultimately, we’ve worked to a budget and decided to go with a small squad 

I mean the smaller squad is Pearsons choice, he said a while back that he'd rather have a smaller squad of players he wants than having players who won't add quality. I think we've always pushed our wages further than we could afford and SL has picked up the bill or we've been forced to sell multiple quality players to fund new ones coming in. I feel like SL has essentially said "I can't bail the team out forever", I mean in his defence he's been doing it for so long now where he "tops up the finances" so to speak and we've still not got to the Premier League so sooner or later I suppose he had to say "I'm not doing this forever".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1