IGNORED

Come on SL, speak..

PFree

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That doesn’t answer why he’s allegedly being divisive behind the scenes though.

Who would do his role?  Tom Rawcliffe!!!

I am not convinced he wants to be Manager again. 

Not convinced with NP and would like someone else, maybe ?

Tinnion is obviously very powerful behind the scenes.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That doesn’t answer why he’s allegedly being divisive behind the scenes though.

Who would do his role?  Tom Rawcliffe!!!

Tinnion seems to have gone very 'quiet' lately. Possibly not heard from since his plan A, plan B statement in the summer ( pretty sure it was tins that first uttered those words publicly).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

For the first time ever I would say I’m more Lansdown Out than Lansdown In.

Those of you who recognise me as someone with generally fairly moderate views will appreciate that isn’t a knee jerk reaction.

But I’m just so sick of our club achieving so little from one year to the next. We have become so stale, so perpetually midtable, and with so little to reason to think that will change any time soon. It’s an incredibly uninspiring situation. And that’s where I think our leadership is failing us; they are providing no inspiration whatsoever ever.

We hear so little from them. Where is the ambitious talk? The rallying cry? The sense of direction? Lansdown used to talk about our intention to reach the Premier League. It barely gets a mention now.

This doesn’t mean I can’t see the benefits his ownership has brought. The stadium, the academy and the training ground all speak for themselves. But no one supports a football club to boast about a training ground. This club has given me so little in 40 years, and the Lansdowns have been in charge for a large part of that time.

I look at friends the same age as me who support comparable clubs and they have great stories to tell. My Leicester supporting cousins lived the ultimate dream. My Swansea mates climbed the ladder and made it to Europe. Hell, even my Swindon mates got to the PL once. What stories have I got to tell? Very little by comparison.

I would take a chance on new ownership now. It might be risky, but I’ll take that risk even if just to make supporting this club a bit more exciting.

Just to confirm this feeling has now intensified by 1000%. Lansdowns OUT.

We are never going to achieve anything.

• Flames 1

Well, any of our regular posters on here going to be on the pannel? I’d certainly like to hear @Davefevs take on it.

I really hope Richard Hoskin/Ed Hadwin manages to get JL or even BT on and really apply some pressure with the questions. 

Tbh, this is a time where having Twentyman in the presenters chair would’ve been better. If there’s a criticism I have of the current two presenters, it’s that they are not cutting enough in asking/demanding an answer to the difficult questions from club representatives.

Edited by OddBallJim
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Well, any of our regular posters on here going to be on the pannel? I’d certainly like to hear @Davefevs take on it.

I really hope Richard Hoskin/Ed Hadwin manages to get JL or even BT on and really apply some pressure with the questions. 

Tbh, this is a time where having Twentyman in the presenters chair would’ve been better. If there’s a criticism I have of the current two presenters, it’s that they are not cutting enough in asking/demanding an answer to the difficult questions from club representatives.

I’d love them to get Nige on, I’d love for him to give his take on the Lansdown’s and the way the clubs being run.

• Like 2
  • Flames 9

6 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Posted on another thread there simply has to be someone from the club on tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Posted on another thread there simply has to be someone from the club on tomorrow 

It won’t be big Steve. He’ll wait until the new manager has got a few results, put on his number 1 smug face and say how great he is in a 20 min vid.  Before disappearing if/when things take a turn. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Nige will be all tied up in a non disclosure agreement, so alas won’t be appearing on Radio Bristol tomorrow night, plus don’t think he’d want to threaten any chances of a job elsewhere. 

I agree that there’s little chance of him being on the radio tomorrow night, but I don’t think he’ll go quietly into the night like his predecessors have. I feel he’ll give his side of things, sooner or later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

I agree that there’s little chance of him being on the radio tomorrow night, but I don’t think he’ll go quietly into the night like his predecessors have. I feel he’ll give his side of things, sooner or later. 

It might not even come directly from him. He and his agent are both well connected football people who could get something out there through a friendly journo if he so desired.