IGNORED

Come on SL, speak..

PFree

1 minute ago, Antman said:

my big fear is they are happy to sit out this injury crisis without comment, but given a few more losses will sack Pearson as 'not performing'

They should be vocal in their support - It's a spineless lack of leadership.

Having manipulated the ownership of the club over a long period,presumably with a view to cashing in,  SL doesn't seem to have a queue of suitors at his door and is battening down the hatches again, as we've seen him do before.

add to that an actual manager who speaks his mind and it's an ugly situation.

Sorry mate, I’m sure you’re a true city fan, but that’s totally over the top.  How many clubs would send their owner out to discuss an injury crisis?  Lots of guess work here, and “a spineless lack of leadership”?  Really?  How do you know what goes on inside the club?

There’s no ugly situation, just a side struggling with an awful injury crisis. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry mate, I’m sure you’re a true city fan, but that’s totally over the top.  How many clubs would send their owner out to discuss an injury crisis?  Lots of guess work here, and “a spineless lack of leadership”?  Really?  How do you know what goes on inside the club?

but where's the leadership? surely the chairman, albeit a mouthpiece for the owner,  needs to give some support for the manager & team - it's a conspicous silence.

we have a very faceless and voiceless leadership - CEO's and COO's and lord knows what, it feels like Pearson is being isolated.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He needs to come out, back NP, credit NP.

The club is rudderless. Has the Fans Forum even been arranged yet.

Oh and a new contract, more money to spend and generally praise the man.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

But we are struggling due to a lack of investment? And I keep reading about SL has lost interest, but who knows until he eventually speaks and it comes from the horses mouth..!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

In your opinion, do you feel we are being driven, led, encouraged, supported, directed by our Chairman? I’m unsure what are Chairman does as it’s kept so cloak and dagger. In fact is JL are Chairman? Therefore, do you feel we are being driven, led, encouraged, supported, directed by our owner at this moment in time?

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, PFree said:

Nobody knows what is going on, this is so unfair to both Nigel and the fans, so put some form of statement or interview out ASAP please.

For whatever reason, this whole situation is toxic, and will continue to get worse if the silence continues.

I’ve been a ST holder for over 30 years, and believe me there have been many lows, but at the moment, I feel completely disillusioned.

Nail on Head…….

Fact is nothing will change until Lansdown goes/sells up.
His legacy is a failed football club over the last 20 years. Treats the fans as punters. He is clueless, bad comms, no leadership, mistake after mistake, no connection with the fans.
Awful mess. It is far too easy for him to just “blame the manager”, which is what he will do. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 11
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Antman said:

but where's the leadership? surely the chairman, albeit a mouthpiece for the owner,  needs to give some support for the manager & team - it's a conspicous silence.

we have a very faceless and voiceless leadership - CEO's and COO's and lord knows what, it feels like Pearson is being isolated.

When a chairman / owner comes out and “backs the manager” publically, it’s usually seen as the death knell

4 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Nail on Head…….

His legacy is a failed football club over the last 20 years. Treats the fans as punters. He is clueless, bad comms, no leadership, mistake after mistake, no connection with the fans.
Awful mess. It is far too easy for him to just “blame the manager”, which is what he will do. 

His legacy will be a fantastic stadium and facilities, and the base for someone else to come in and take us to the next level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Nail on Head…….

I have had issues with SL for years ( in fact I have been slated in the past on here for my comments) but even I find some of this harsh.

I agree about the mistakes and punters bit but struggle with the rest. He has tried to do what is best for the club imo.

• Like 3

Not sure I want to hear from him if I’m honest, as I imagine the next time he pipes up is when he changes another manager. 

It will then be the usual bullshit about going to the next level. I’m sorry Steve, anyone who thought Dean Holden was that, clearly hasn’t got a scooby. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 4

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

When a chairman / owner comes out and “backs the manager” publically, it’s usually seen as the death knell

accepted, but there a hundred ways to show support and more importantly understanding of the situation at the moment. we haven't heard a peep...on anything....

i know we all like to get in a lather from time to time (ooh err missus) but the prolonged silence from the owner and his lackeys is odd would you not say - esp given Alexanders departure and Pearsons statement ( which can be interpreted in many ways i'll admit)

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

His legacy will be a fantastic stadium and facilities, and the base for someone else to come in and take us to the next level.

Are either of them that good?

Granted the stadium had limitations but the training ground could have been better, far from one of the best in the league 

48 minutes ago, PFree said:

Nobody knows what is going on, this is so unfair to both Nigel and the fans, so put some form of statement or interview out ASAP please.

For whatever reason, this whole situation is toxic, and will continue to get worse if the silence continues.

I’ve been a ST holder for over 30 years, and believe me there have been many lows, but at the moment, I feel completely disillusioned.

We simply don't know what's being said inside the club (and it should stay there).  And as others have said, a public declaration of trust in the manager usually precedes a sacking.

43 minutes ago, Antman said:

my big fear is they are happy to sit out this injury crisis without comment, but given a few more losses will sack Pearson as 'not performing'

Have you seen who are next two opponents are 😀

I watched a bit of the racing this afternoon. Struck me that you never hear of race horse owners complaining that the sport is too expensive. It's expensive, end of. If you don't want to spend the money you get out. People buy race horses because they like racing. That costs - like it costs to run a F1 team, or a racing yacht. You don't hear people complaining about the price.

For me there is no argument that we should feel grateful to, sorry for, or understanding of, Steve Lansdown's frustration at his investment or 'losses'. It's his hobby. Football is an expensive hobby. He's not daft. He must have known what he was taking on. If it's no longer of interest the sooner he sells up the better.

If his legacy is going to be bricks and mortar it's a shame he didn't invest in something useful like a hospital. But he didn't. He bought our football club. 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No ugly situation? I will assume you didn’t hear NP’s interview last week and the comments he made about his contract situation.  Whether you think that’s a situation or not, NP clearly does and it will obviously have a knock on effect.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Last week there was also a very unhappy manager making his views known to the press because there was no one else to talk to.

• Like 1

I don’t want to hear from SL about the injury crisis. I want to hear from Dave Rennie who is over seeing our players dropping like flies. What is SL going to tell you about it? He’s an accountant living in Guernsey!

I don’t want to hear from SL about tactics and how we set the team up, that should be from Pearson who will need to explain how we only had 1 shot on target again all game.

The managers contract situation should not be made public same as if we offer players new contracts.

We should not tell the fans how much and when we will look to invest in new players as that will be a detriment to us when dealing with other clubs.

People just need to admit they want SL to say something in public so they can twist his words and have a moan!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2