IGNORED

Come on SL, speak..

PFree

What if Steve sells all is Bristol sport part of the deal ? What if the next investor buys everything and is more interested in rugby and ploughs all his money into rugby ,we will be second class citizens in Ashton gate or am I missing something can he sell just the football club 

52 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Only if the stadium is sold as part of the deal, because at the moment it's not "owned" by the football club!

Anybody who names a stand after themselves while removing a previous chairman's name will always be tainted (in my opinion)

Was always uncomfortable with that. It just shows such ego. 

If he’s going to sack Nige (and I don’t want him to) now makes sense.

I’d fancy us to be favoured to win in five of the next seven matches.

James, likely to be one of NP’s biggest fans in the dressing room, is away from the team for a while.

If they have someone lined up, then do it now. Otherwise, come out and back NP.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

The board have not backed Nigel. He wanted another CM, CB and GK yet the Scott money was frozen. Scott was to play with Knight remember. Shocking! 

Yep. Pearson was clearly kept in the dark over the summer imo. 

He was led to believe we would try to keep him, when in reality SL was always looking to sell. 

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Scott MOTM for Bournemouth, Semenyo scoring. Yet here we are with the purse strings locked shut having to play Sykes at LB & Pring CB. 

Interesting that NP chose to play both Wednesdays full backs out of position when he could have left them as was and played JKL as a straight replacement for King, not ideal I agree but perhaps less disruptive?

Not a criticism of NP merely an observation.

21 minutes ago, grifty said:

I don’t want to hear from SL about the injury crisis. I want to hear from Dave Rennie who is over seeing our players dropping like flies. What is SL going to tell you about it? He’s an accountant living in Guernsey!

I don’t want to hear from SL about tactics and how we set the team up, that should be from Pearson who will need to explain how we only had 1 shot on target again all game.

The managers contract situation should not be made public same as if we offer players new contracts.

We should not tell the fans how much and when we will look to invest in new players as that will be a detriment to us when dealing with other clubs.

People just need to admit they want SL to say something in public so they can twist his words and have a moan!

But I would like to hear from lansdown as to why he has chosen not to reinvest transfer revenue into a clearly depleted and small sqaud. He has made the managers job extremely difficult sanctioning sells for our best players and expecting us to push on with kids ! Really 🤦🏻‍♂️  how can we judge pearson on his tactics when he is constantly forced to place square pegs into round holes because of the contraints handed to him from above ? Landowne needs to come out and communicate exactly what he wants for the club because it can't be promotion... and if he is sick and tired of investing then that's fine but don't just go silent while your punters fork out tooth and nail for seaosn tickets only to be met with mediocracy year in year out.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yep. Pearson was clearly kept in the dark over the summer imo. 

He was led to believe we would try to keep him, when in reality SL was always looking to sell. 

Although, Scotts interview when he left made it crystal clear he wanted to leave. He spoke about having respect for the fans and club and wanted to say little and keep quiet, but openly said he wanted to leave, wanted to join Bournemouth. 

Regardless whether the club wanted to try and keep him (gave him a contract offer), or Nigel tried to keep him, the player wanted to leave! 

1 hour ago, fisherrich said:

Treats the fans as punters. He is clueless, bad comms, no leadership, mistake after mistake, no connection with the fans.

Whilst not wanting to defend him overly that statement sums up 99% of owners! 

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Only if the stadium is sold as part of the deal, because at the moment it's not "owned" by the football club!

Lots of clubs do it this way Arsenal don’t own the Emirates,  Man City don’t own the Etihad the 6th richest club don’t own the pisspoorial!

so any deals to buy these clubs would us would include buying the holding company or taking on the lease in contract when buying!

Nobody worth having as owners would buy Bristol City without Ashton Gate, the big problem we have is does anybody want to take on the Rugby and basketball teams as well! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

But I would like to hear from lansdown as to why he has chosen not to reinvest transfer revenue into a clearly depleted and small sqaud. He has made the managers job extremely difficult sanctioning sells for our best players and expecting us to push on with kids ! Really 🤦🏻‍♂️  how can we judge pearson on his tactics when he is constantly forced to place square pegs into round holes because of the contraints handed to him from above ? Landowne needs to come out and communicate exactly what he wants for the club because it can't be promotion... and if he is sick and tired of investing then that's fine but don't just go silent while your punters fork out tooth and nail for seaosn tickets only to be met with mediocracy year in year out.

The clubs transfer policy should not be made public. All he’d be answering is why we didn’t buy anyone in the 7-10 days after we sold Scott and what good will that do you knowing that!?

Pearson put a LB at CB and a RW at LB. He could have played Idehen (who was on the bench, is tall and has championship experience) at CB, put Pring back at LB and Sykes back to RB (at least closer to his position). Pearson picks the team!

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

The clubs transfer policy should not be made public. All he’d be answering is why we didn’t buy anyone in the 7-10 days after we sold Scott and what good will that do you knowing that!?

Pearson put a LB at CB and a RW at LB. He could have played Idehen (who was on the bench, is tall and has championship experience) at CB, put Pring back at LB and Sykes back to RB (at least closer to his position). Pearson picks the team!

This is the point I'm making about Pearsons hands being tied behind his back! So let's look at his options moving the more experienced players out of position or turning to vastly unproven and inexperienced kids ? How can a manager operate under such limitations offorded to him by those above ? Lansdown also needs to be accountable it's quite baffling that your trying to exempt the head of this football club of any blame when clearly the problems are further up the food chain. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

This is the point I'm making about Pearsons hands being tied behind his back! So let's look at his options moving the more experienced players out of position or turning to vastly unproven and inexperienced kids ? How can a manager operate under such limitations offorded to him by those above ? Lansdown also needs to be accountable it's quite baffling that you’re trying to exempt the head of this football club of any blame when clearly the problems are further up the food chain. 

His hands are tied because of the injury crisis. That’s what you should be kicking off about. If we had Vyner, Atkinson, McCrorie, Tanner & Naismith our defence would be looking good.

How many more player do you want? If we had no injuries and put out similar to todays team were still playing poorly then yes, SL would need to answer why he didn’t strengthen the team but that isn’t the case.

The fact you’ve said I’m sending SL shows you haven’t read what I’ve said. You need to direct your anger/request for someone to speak to the professional people in the roles that are causing issue. Rennie/Orme/the other fitness coach whose name I’ve forgot. They need to come out and explain why we have 11/12 first team players out and what they are going to do to resolve it and prevent it happening again.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, grifty said:

Isn't this known? The official line is that we've maxed our wage budget so cannot spend our capital. I'm not defending that, or criticising it, but that's my understanding.

• Like 5

For the first time ever I would say I’m more Lansdown Out than Lansdown In.

Those of you who recognise me as someone with generally fairly moderate views will appreciate that isn’t a knee jerk reaction.

But I’m just so sick of our club achieving so little from one year to the next. We have become so stale, so perpetually midtable, and with so little to reason to think that will change any time soon. It’s an incredibly uninspiring situation. And that’s where I think our leadership is failing us; they are providing no inspiration whatsoever ever.

We hear so little from them. Where is the ambitious talk? The rallying cry? The sense of direction? Lansdown used to talk about our intention to reach the Premier League. It barely gets a mention now.

This doesn’t mean I can’t see the benefits his ownership has brought. The stadium, the academy and the training ground all speak for themselves. But no one supports a football club to boast about a training ground. This club has given me so little in 40 years, and the Lansdowns have been in charge for a large part of that time.

I look at friends the same age as me who support comparable clubs and they have great stories to tell. My Leicester supporting cousins lived the ultimate dream. My Swansea mates climbed the ladder and made it to Europe. Hell, even my Swindon mates got to the PL once. What stories have I got to tell? Very little by comparison.

I would take a chance on new ownership now. It might be risky, but I’ll take that risk even if just to make supporting this club a bit more exciting.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 14
  • Flames 5

53 minutes ago, gary s said:

What if Steve sells all is Bristol sport part of the deal ? What if the next investor buys everything and is more interested in rugby and ploughs all his money into rugby ,we will be second class citizens in Ashton gate or am I missing something can he sell just the football club 

Rugby has a salary cap, the economy of scale is so, so different.

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

His hands are tied because of the injury crisis. That’s what you should be kicking off about. If we had Vyner, Atkinson, McCrorie, Tanner & Naismith our defence would be looking good.

How many more player do you want? If we had no injuries and put out similar to todays team were still playing poorly then yes, SL would need to answer why he didn’t strengthen the team but that isn’t the case.

The fact you’ve said I’m sending SL shows you haven’t read what I’ve said. You need to direct your anger/request for someone to speak to the professional people in the roles that are causing issue. Rennie/Orme/the other fitness coach whose name I’ve forgot. They need to come out and explain why we have 11/12 first team players out and what they are going to do to resolve it and prevent it happening again.

Prevent it happening again?

How do you propose anyone prevents players picking up in game injuries or acl’s..?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, grifty said:

One more centre back, I've always thought 4 genuine CBs is best from a balance perspective.

Midfield wise we should have the numbers but even that notwithstanding we lack that creative spark. Naismith at CB is one thing, maybe Naismith, James and Knight in an ideal team..with Vyner and Atkinson at CB.

However a 4th CB and a left footed one at that yes thought we were one light for some time.

GK similar or higher level for competition with O'Leary albeit this is more debatable.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

25 minutes ago, grifty said:

Idehen has one full game of Championship experience I believe? In reality we had ELEVEN Championship standard players (Yeboah isn't there yet) to pick from today and because we had too many in forward positions available we picked TEN and stuck Conway on the bench. Of those eleven a significant number were playing out of their favoured position. That is mental when you think about it and something akin to what you might expect from The Dog and Duck on a Sunday morning.

I do think any explanation along the lines of "bad luck" is complete and utter bollocks particularly when the vast majority of our injuries take between 4-12 weeks to clear up. We don't pick up any more knocks than anyone else but muscle injuries seem to be ridiculously high and there has to be an explanation for that which the club do not want to give us or, worse, are in denial about?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Antman said:

but where's the leadership? surely the chairman, albeit a mouthpiece for the owner,  needs to give some support for the manager & team - it's a conspicous silence.

we have a very faceless and voiceless leadership - CEO's and COO's and lord knows what, it feels like Pearson is being isolated.

There is none. We're like an abandoned puppy ....... in need of a new owner

• Like 1

Just now, grifty said:

Do we have 11 players out with ACLs?

Did I say that?

We picked up 3 in game injuries on Wednesday. Nobody, no matter how good a medical professional they are, can “prevent” that. 

If you think Rennie or anyone else can prevent Matt James getting a kick on the ankle, well, good luck with that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1