IGNORED

He’s gone.

Henry

This is the worst decision ever by the board of BCFC. With a bit of investment and a little support from above, Nige had us going in the right direction, especially as he has had to make do without Senenyo, Scott, Bentley, Kalas etc. and had to make do with a tiny squad made up largely of untried and tested youngsters.

I hope they have a plan in place and somebody lined up because Nige could have been our best manager in years to be able do keep us where we are with one, if not two hands tied behind his back.

What on earth is happening to our football club.  Have the Lansdowns gone stark raving mad?

Reading through this thread, it seems that there are not many who think we have done the right thing at all.

Of course, things go on behind the scenes that none of us are aware of, so something bad may have happened to precipitate this.

• Like 6

I genuinely struggle with this club these days.

Never really had any love since the departure of Cotts and couldn’t tolerate Lee Johnson to the extent I’d walked away from supporting this club in the stands

Pearson restored a lot of faith, he was the man we needed for years and has dragged a new level of professionalism to this club which was so needed after Mark Ashton….

today's decision just reaffirms my belief that this club doesn’t stand a chance with the Lansdowns at the helm.  

Proud to have had him as our manager 

• Like 15
  • Robin 1

It’s pretty obvious that this is personal. It has nothing or very little to do with football. 
Everything has been pointing this way and the lack of respect shown to NP said it all. 

A very poor return for what he’s done for the club. No money forthcoming and it’s now blatantly obvious why. 

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The Lansdowns will know full well the fans were overwhelmingly behind Nige but they clearly don't give a shit about us or what we think.

The players would have enormous respect and trust in Nige and no doubt they are gutted too - it's back to square one with an inferior yes man and very likely downhill from here.

Disgusting decision, absolutely furious.

Totally agree Lansdown has stopped talking to the fans for a long time now. How disrespectful is that. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I see Dave Rennie has left also. Is that because he's standing by his mate, NP, and decided to walk also?

Or has he been let go by the club because they blame him for all the injuries??

He has been sacked because he was Nigel’s eyes and ears around the club.

1 minute ago, JP Hampton said:

It’s pretty obvious that this is personal. It has nothing or very little to do with football. 
Everything has been pointing this way and the lack of respect shown to NP said it all. 

A very poor return for what he’s done for the club. No money forthcoming and it’s now blatantly obvious why. 

They wanted him short term and decided to extended which they probably regretted. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Who actually expected promotion this season? 
I don’t know a single fan who was expecting promotion. 

Add in the rumour (from very reliable sources) that we’ve been talking to other managers for a few weeks. Well, a few weeks ago we were in the top 6/7. So why sound out new managers when the current one was achieving the so-say target. 

This has been coming since the Alexander farce of an interview and subsequent exit. 
Something has been in the water for a good few weeks now. 

No CEO, No Manager, No First Team Coach, No Head of Medical, Absent Chairman, Disinterested Owner. 

Behind the scenes, this club is currently a total shambles. 

I’d also add the recruitment team to the list of shambolic departments. Through all of SL’s recent failures, there’s been one constant - the recruitment set up. 
Unless that changes, we’ll forever be going round and round. 
The only period of success in recent years came when we had a proper experienced Head Scout / Head of Recruitment (Keith Burt - appointed by SOD and partnered well with Cotts). 
Those 2 managers, whilst one failed and one succeeded, were both similar to Pearson in that they would take no shit from the owner and his boy. 

Do you know any names of the managers they were speaking with?

2 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Nige tells it like it is, and SL won’t have liked hearing it, simple as that.

Perhaps whoever appointed the ‘loan’ physio will be happy now.

Very disappointed with this move as I hoped Nige would remain manager for a few more years. Thought there was a big overreaction from posters about the tension behind the scenes but clearly I was wrong. I was too hopeful that Lansdown didn't need his ego stroked and could see that Pearson was making us a more professional outfit and would overlook Nige being a difficult character at times. Looks like Lansdown doesn't want to be challenged and wants to bring a yes man in which is not necessarily what's best for the club but it suits him. 🙁

What to say? Bitter disappointment. The Lansdowns finally appoint a proper football man to the job, get him to do all the dirty work - his  reward? Flogging the family silver and getting the boot.

I can't be arsed to get sucked into another 'Steve's fragile ego' psychodrama. We've been having them for 20 years. Will be watching from afar for a while. 

Good luck everybody!

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Get the **** out Lansdown, you spud faced gauleiter.

I think the official term courtesy of our 'friends' North of the river is 'Rosy cheeked lady garden' although I agree with the sentiment expressed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Probably not a popular view, but part of any job is to build a good relationship with your superiors. If NP couldn't do this (and let's face it he has form in this area) then it is partly his failure.

We appear to be smack in mid-table again so I don't think it is unreasonable to want to make a change. Unfortunately we all know SL has a terrible track record for picking managers.

• Like 1

Well, after following and supporting this club ( I was a sponsor in the 70's) for over 60 years, I can honestly say as I have said for years that Lansdown is a bl**dy estate agent and not a man who wants (his !) football team to play top flight football. I sadly gave up my ST two years ago , still watch for the results and am sick to the pit of my stomach that NP has been sacked. I wont rant on, I will leave this to younger supporters who have to continue after the likes of me and my era, all I can say is you may have built a palace Mr Lansdown, but keep selling the family silver, and no good will come of it.

• Like 3
  • Robin 2