IGNORED

Jason Euell

GrahamC

Surprised he’s gone, thought he might have had a chance of the top job.

Either he’s told them he’s not prepared to stay in the circumstances, which would be laudable or Tinnion does like him.

Either way genuinely wish him all the best.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just as big a loss is Dave rennie

But… why? We have a massive injury crisis. Why wouldn’t the head of medical performance be questioned at any time?

Unless he actively tries to hold players back from returning and it is SL/JL forcing them back, which is the “Lansdowns ruin everything” stance to take. 

Edited by t_b
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, redkev said:

Do wonder if Jason And Dave Rennie were given the push aswell or walked out when they heard the news , quire surprised Curtis is still there thought him & Nige were 🤞

Euell has made no secret of his desire to be a manager one day, I suspect he knows that's not happening here now.

I suspect Curtis is merely keeping things ticking over until a new man comes in, just to maintain some semblance of continuity. If they move really quickly then he might not even end up managing a game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, t_b said:

But… why? We have a massive injury crisis. Why wouldn’t the head of medical performance be questioned at any time?

Unless he actively tries to hold players back from returning and it is SL/JL forcing them back, which is the “Lansdowns ruin everything” stance to take. 

Truth

10 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

As frustrated as I am about Pearson going, I can't say I'm particularly bothered about the assistant coaches (neither about losing Euell nor retaining Flemming). 

I think my frustration is more the lack of continuity. I don't want us to tear everything up and start again every two or three years. Otherwise you end top in perpetual transition. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, redkev said:

Ummm jury’s out on that one for me , injury situation just as bad as when Andy Rolls was here 

Not muscle injuries though are they , they’re mostly impact injuries which nobody can account for. In terms of actual physical fitness The players are fitter than they’ve ever been 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

57 minutes ago, redkev said:

Do wonder if Jason And Dave Rennie were given the push aswell or walked out when they heard the news , quire surprised Curtis is still there thought him & Nige were 🤞

I’d edge toward the latter, imo. 

Kalifa Cisse part of the interim coaches when he hasn’t coached for about 2 seasons. Really sums it up. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’d edge toward the latter, imo. 

Kalifa Cisse part of the interim coaches when he hasn’t coached for about 2 seasons. Really sums it up. 

I was actually discussing with DaveFevs a while ago what the score was with Cisse.

Not seen him in any training videos all this season & as our quota of French speaking players was down to one, just assumed he’d left.

Frankly bizarre that he’s now in some sort of coaching role, even if briefly.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I was actually discussing with DaveFevs a while ago what the score was with Cisse.

Not seen him in any training videos all this season & as our quota of French speaking players was down to one, just assumed he’d left.

Seems to me that they didn't expect Euell to leave.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Surprised to Cisse in the Lansdown Suite last weekend in a tracksuit, having not seen anything of him for months !  

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Surprised he’s gone, thought he might have had a chance of the top job.

Either he’s told them he’s not prepared to stay in the circumstances, which would be laudable or Tinnion does like him.

Either way genuinely wish him all the best.

Can someone explain to me the level of influence Tinnion has?

This is the first time I have seen this mentioned. As a technical director he should have 0 input into this. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Euell has made no secret of his desire to be a manager one day, I suspect he knows that's not happening here now.

I suspect Curtis is merely keeping things ticking over until a new man comes in, just to maintain some semblance of continuity. If they move really quickly then he might not even end up managing a game.

Maybe he should apply over the river.