Robin101

12 minutes ago, Robin101 said:
  • Injury crisis
  • Poor recent form
  • Fans hostile to the club
  • General sense of total chaos at the club

First two are linked

Not hostile to the Club, hostile to the incompetent owners

Football Clubs are continually changing Managers & staff and having fruit loop owners , the Team goes on while the chaos does it's own thing. 

16 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I expect to see the opposite of a 'new manager bounce' personally. I predict the sense of giving everything/running themselves into the ground that we've seen from the players will disappear somewhat. Look how QPR went into total freefall last season. 

With the injury crisis I doubt we will see much difference from the last couple of games. 
I think a lot of the problem with QPR was that Beale seemed to be looking for a step up long before he left, things started to go toxic before the Rangers thing.
I'd like to think that because we have an eager young squad they will be professional enough to want the best performance for themselves.

24 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

We're only 4 points better off than 21st as it stands. Nine off the relegation spots. Still a very, very long 32 matches to play. Feeling ultimately very pessimistic about the club this evening – do we need to worry about relegation?

If we get players back we should be looking up rather than down, but the longer we go with a team out then who knows.  If Steve uses all his football knowledge and gets a complete ****t in then you guess is as good as mine, but we shouldn't really worry.

10 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Bring in an experienced manager then possibly not, bring in an LJ type with no Championship experience and with no sensible managerial experience then very possibly so, the Championship is a hard place to learn on the job, especially if you don’t get supporter backing early doors.

Ipswich don't seem to be doing too badly with a young coach with no Championship experience. Would prefer not to have someone like Rowett who has experience but little success.

Trouble is we know the Lansdowns will most likely pick the wrong one. Can't say I have any knowledge myself on who might be a good choice.

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

No fear of relegation, the new manager will scrap the ridiculous "no loans" policy and sign 5 who'll take us to the play-offs in May 😉

Yeah it’s been ridiculous of NP, handing first team opportunities to our youth players as opposed to paying hundreds of thousands to loan in players and develop them for their owning club all whilst being near to FFP limits.  **** me sideways the delusion is real.   

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

I wouldnt be surprised to see a whole raft of new signings in January now Pearson is gone. They did the same to Cotterill. 

The problem is, having a competent manager. And that is a problem. Because we know by repeated history that Lansdown can only handle incompetent managers that strokes his ego  

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

This all seems a little over the top, if we make a good appointment and turns out this was the best decision I hope the people that say they are gonna bugger off and support bath or are done with the club stay away. Loved Danny Wilson moved on, loved Gary johnson moved on. Obviously Pearson really sorted the club out at its roots but please let's not pretend the results on the pitch were magnificent. But yeah stay away for good if you want I won't see you there saturday👋

• Like 2

• Admin

No chance of relegation with this squad. Even with just 11 fit first team players we should have been thrashing the likes of Cardiff and Ipswich, that's what Jon reckons.

At least if we're in L1 Steve may reduce the ridiculous £200m asking price.

• Like 2

We should be worried but I don’t think it will happen for one simple reason. In January SL will miraculously find some money for the new manager to strengthen the squad. Then, when things improve, he and Jon will say we made the correct decision. They will conveniently ignore the lack of support they previously gave Nigel. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Yeah it’s been ridiculous of NP, handing first team opportunities to our youth players as opposed to paying hundreds of thousands to loan in players and develop them for their owning club all whilst being near to FFP limits.  **** me sideways the delusion is real.   

Steady Len, it's crazy not to use the loan market, every other football club in the league uses it (remember Tammy ?) 

13 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Ipswich don't seem to be doing too badly with a young coach with no Championship experience. Would prefer not to have someone like Rowett who has experience but little success.

Trouble is we know the Lansdowns will most likely pick the wrong one. Can't say I have any knowledge myself on who might be a good choice.

Fair point re Ipswich, but their manager had got a team promoted and pretty much kept that same team together, that’s not picking up someone who’s got to get to know the players then impose his style of working on them.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Steady Len, it's crazy not to use the loan market, every other football club in the league uses it (remember Tammy ?) 

Loan signings aren't free. If there's no budget for free transfers, there's no budget for loans right?

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

6 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

We don’t want to reinvest the Scott cash, but happy to pay a Prem club a million or so on one of their youngsters. Didn’t Palarse want a mill and half for the CB we were supposedly interested in.

Here is the thing @TV Tom

The budget we have been allowed is maxed out. Had £5m more been released 2-3 signings of the correct calibre to build on the good work may have arrived post Scott and maybe would have included loanees.

However if the budget is fixed, then it matters not whether loan, permanent, free or whatever.

• Like 1

I don’t think we’re in danger of relegation but I would say that unless Lansdown has a bloody good appointment lined up, he frickin well would deserve it. 
Would be funny* if his valuation of the club was halved. 

* When I say funny, I don’t mean in a nice way. We’ll all be ******* devastated but at least a small part of me will say “**** you Steve - you deserve it” 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

Just now, Top Robin said:

Can't really have this discussion until we know who our next manager is.

There is just a possibility that he my get this team playing some consistently decent football for a change and keep us in the playoff positions.

And if he doesn't you'll be giving him no more than about 6 weeks before wanting to hound him out.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

This is a rare situation for us; sacking a manager with around 90% approval rating from the fanbase, and clear popularity with the players. Normally there is substantial discontent and broad support for the board’s decision.

Under the circumstances I’d be surprised if we see a new manager bounce. The same injury problems will be there and Pearson was getting about as much out of them as he could. Added to a volatile atmosphere around the club, it’s going to be very tricky for the new manager. Relegation happens to teams in disarray, not necessarily the worst on paper.

Appalling, senseless decision making from our board.

• Like 5

In a word.

Yes.

Reminds me of Ipswich sacking McCarthy, except our board are trying to do it mid season with a much less experienced squad.

We desperately need a good appointment, and for them to hit the ground running; with a very depleted squad.