IGNORED

Do we need to worry about relegation?

Robin101

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

We'll never know. With the backing he got - no.

We were the lowest net-spending team outside of the parachute clubs for a reason.

Yes he had little money to spend but quality managers make even average teams look good.

I think he bought average players - I'd rather he'd bought 2 or 3 of quality than the 5 or 6 he did,  

He played players in the wrong positions, and often set up the team wrong.

Having said that he sorted out the  financial problems we had with he playing personnel.

16 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yes he had little money to spend but quality managers make even average teams look good.

I think he bought average players - I'd rather he'd bought 2 or 3 of quality than the 5 or 6 he did,  

He played players in the wrong positions, and often set up the team wrong.

Having said that he sorted out the  financial problems we had with he playing personnel.

Think the budget played a massive part in that. But agree to disagree.

Can agree he setup teams wrong on occasion - but nowhere near to the extent of LJ.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

It's looking more likely that we will dragged into a relegation battle than it was yesterday, for sure. 

Will Mr Lansdown be snatching Mr Warnock from under QPR's gaze???........

Yeah sure because i'm sure he loves a man with his own opinion.

Ain't happening.

No, we don’t. We’ll scrap the odd point during this injury hit period, before re-finding our stride when we have a squad again.

I will say this - if we do manage to get relegated, we’ll have the greatest League 1 squad ever assembled. I accept some players will be picked off, but between those that are left and the ability to buy up the best League 1 talent due to our stature down there and the money we have, we’d go 100+ points. I’m almost taking myself into it. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

No.

Form has been shocking but with returnees and a new head honcho we'll be good

Getting goals again would help we're something like 19th highest scorers on 15 goals 

As much as people don't want to see the reason for change there's a lot out there in the cold light of day.

Doesn't stop the anger etc. But some objectivity would be handy

Have you ever posted anything that isn’t complete bollocks? 

Yes it could happen.

The bottom 3 look well off the pace and already adrift but one of them can and will press the 'W' button.  With such a depleted squad and no manager, we could quite easily lose the next 3 and we'd be right in it.

I'm just wondering if we might see a few back from injury in the next couple of weeks. The only logic I can find for sacking NP is that somehow the powers that be think that NP (in conjunction with Dave Rennie) is responsible for the injury crisis but I'm clutching at straws.  

Edited by fgrsimon

It’s easy to get ourselves worked up into a stew after the last 24 hours, but I think any talk of a potential relegation battle should at least wait until after we’ve a) made an appointment and b) seen how the players react on Saturday.

If we make another appointment like Dean Holden, and our injuries continue to mount then yes, we can probably start worrying.

I think there’s every chance we could be sucked into trouble. If and when we get most of the injured players back we should be fine, but as others have said there’s always a club that drops like a stone during a Championship season and that could easily be us.

I’ve said this on another thread but there is absolutely no top end Championship experience at the club right now. There’s not even any football league experience to speak of, other than Tinnion who seems to have been made kingmaker now. The board behind it all are clueless so bringing a Head Coach type in rather than a manager is a huge risk as they’ll need a ton of support to get us going, and I can’t see where the knowhow is that will give them that support. 

It will all depend on who we bring in but I think there’s every chance we could really struggle. And it will be no more than Lansdown deserves. 

6 hours ago, Super said:

It's what they deserve.

They deserve it, the fans don't, as it's always been!! Both of the Lansdown's have shown what their current attitude is to both the club and it's fans. They really need to sell up and piss off asap..........but they can't because what Steve has created is a pile of horseshit!! They don't deserve a legacy (well they do but not the one they were expecting) and the obvious respect we should have for the money they have invested into the club has vanished for me.

It's always been a personal vanity project for a billionaire that really doesn't understand the main sport he has invested in. One who has now lost all interest, in the football side of it anyway, literally doesn't give a **** any longer and made a "personal" decision yesterday. Why? Because it's his club and he can in his eyes. I genuinely hope "his stand" gets renamed when he ***** off without his glowing legacy and without everyone fawning over him when the next Owner comes in.

Where are all of the "be careful what you wish for brigade" by the way? You lot want keep telling us we need to avoid (it's always Arab/ Amercian for some odd reason) crackpot owners who will end up running the club into the ground and yet you seem completely oblivious to what this ******* Bristolian outfit and their Bristol Sport cronies are doing right now.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

No one is too big (certainly not Bristol City anyway) or too good to go down if through a series of unfortunate events the circumstances are bad - like an injury crisis coupled with an unpopular managerial appointment, for example. I don’t think we’ll go down, but it’s more likely than going up.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

They deserve it, the fans don't, as it's always been!! Both of the Lansdown's have shown what their current attitude is to both the club and it's fans. They really need to sell up and piss off asap..........but they can't because what Steve has created is a pile of horseshit!! They don't deserve a legacy (well they do but not the one they were expecting) and the obvious respect we should have for the money they have invested into the club has vanished for me.

It's always been a personal vanity project for a billionaire that really doesn't understand the main sport he has invested in. One who has now lost all interest, in the football side of it anyway, literally doesn't give a **** any longer and made a "personal" decision yesterday. Why? Because it's his club and he can in his eyes. I genuinely hope "his stand" gets renamed when he ***** off without his glowing legacy and without everyone fawning over him when the next Owner comes in.

Where are all of the "be careful what you wish for brigade" by the way? You lot want keep telling us we need to avoid (it's always Arab/ Amercian for some odd reason) crackpot owners who will end up running the club into the ground and yet you seem completely oblivious to what this ******* Bristolian outfit and their Bristol Sport cronies are doing right now.

I’ve noticed a bit of a shift in stance from some of them since yesterday!!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

I definitely think this decision unnecessarily jeopardises our second-tier status. 

We were a team quietly progressing up the table, but now with the sentiment against the owners, the injuries, no medical lead, the transfer window closed (not that it matters as the budget is maxed out), and don’t rule out players who loved Nige downing tools, I would not be at all surprised if we’re down in the bottom six come May. 

The only positive I have is that when everyone’s fit, we have a team that’s competitive against anyone on their day. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 2