IGNORED

Do we need to worry about relegation?

Robin101

• Injury crisis
  • Poor recent form
  • Fans hostile to the club
  • General sense of total chaos at the club

I expect to see the opposite of a 'new manager bounce' personally. I predict the sense of giving everything/running themselves into the ground that we've seen from the players will disappear somewhat. Look how QPR went into total freefall last season. 

We're only 4 points better off than 21st as it stands. Nine off the relegation spots. Still a very, very long 32 matches to play. Feeling ultimately very pessimistic about the club this evening – do we need to worry about relegation?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:
  • Injury crisis
  • Poor recent form

I expect to see the opposite of a 'new manager bounce' personally. I predict the sense of giving everything/running themselves into the ground that we've seen from the players will disappear somewhat. Look how QPR went into total freefall last season. 

We're only 4 points better off than 21st as it stands. Nine off the relegation spots. Still a very, very long 32 matches to play. Feeling ultimately very pessimistic about the club this evening – do we need to worry about relegation?

I said to my Mrs as soon as I heard the news, I might have a bet on us to go down now. 

1 minute ago, Robin101 said:
  • Injury crisis
  • Poor recent form

Lots of unknowns to answer - who the new manager will be, how will the players react as a group being the two most important.   It’s not impossible though.  Going to get very rocky imo. 

• Like 1

New manager will have absolutely no latitude or honeymoon period. Fan base is more volatile now that at any time in my 51 years of supporting the club. Even a short run of dodgy results and pressure will mount quickly and massively. SL bringing out his cheque book in Jan will only remind fans that he refused to back Nige. Sort of situation that could unravel quickly.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Robin101 said:
  • Injury crisis
  • Poor recent form

Yup, wouldn’t surprise me if we did really struggle now. The new manager has a huge job on his hands. 

The players were crucially playing for Pearson, as you said this could now drop off as im sure many will be as disillusioned by the decision as we all are.

It’s a right mess.

• Like 2

The injury crisis is the biggest threat as since thats really started to bight out attacking threat has gone off a cliff.

However, once those injuries clear up we should pick back up towards 1.5 points per game.

Add in that there are two or three truly shit teams in the division and I'm confident we will finish mid table as predicted in August.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

The injury crisis is the biggest threat as since thats really started to bight out attacking threat has gone off a cliff.

However, once those injuries clear up we should pick back up towards 1.5 points per game.

Add in that there are two or three truly shit teams in the division and I'm confident we will finish mid table as predicted in August.

There does seem to be a clear cut bottom three at the moment, it's true. That said, it's not difficult to see Sheff Weds getting a result at AG next Saturday. Won today so suddenly optimism comes back, will have a vocal support, we're in chaos... 😪

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Relegation?!

We should be expecting playoffs now, Lansdown clearly does.

They literally do....

IN JL's words:

“We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success.”

What a moron that man is...

• Like 5
  • Robin 2

Just now, DaveF said:

They literally do....

IN JL's words:

“We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success.”

What a moron that man is...

What we do get the chance to see is what a horlicks Nige made of it when the next Manager comes in, rights all his wrongs, and we fly up that league…….Jon said so.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

On paper no, however badly run clubs can nosedive.

With NP at the helm absolutely not, without..? Well, all bets are off.

I agree. 

One of my first thoughts upon hearing the news is that this could go very badly and we may end up in a relegation scrap. 

The players were running through brick walls for Nige which is a rarity for us at Bristol City. 

The players are going to feel exactly how we all feel.

• Like 3

With the fit to play numbers down to the bones of its arse now, unknown manager and I suspect low morale I wouldn't rule anything out unfortunately.

We're going to need a quality managerial appointment and funds provided in January before I relax. Let's face it, City are exactly renowned for quality managers and spending these days 

• Like 1

Depends how this affects the players as they clearly had bought into NPs ethics, there’s always one club that has a little free fall in the same way that there’s always one club that hits the playoff zone from nowhere. 

Bring in an experienced manager then possibly not, bring in an LJ type with no Championship experience and with no sensible managerial experience then very possibly so, the Championship is a hard place to learn on the job, especially if you don’t get supporter backing early doors.

This is why the timing seems odd, if your going to push the button then do it in Jan if the results are not promotion looking, you couldn’t see this team under NP getting relegated.

**** this one up with an uninspiring appointment (Smith, Rowett, Harris) then I think relegation beckons

Edited by bexhill reds
  • Like 2