IGNORED

Bbc 5 live 606

Kid in the Riot

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Kin unbelievable didn't realise it had become a parody show.

Next time I'll drink 14 cans of Scrumpy Jack call myself Natch and shout the names of random old City players down the phone, for a guaranteed appearance.

Is that not what you did? 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Next time I'll drink 14 cans of Scrumpy Jack call myself Natch and shout the names of random old City players down the phone, for a guaranteed appearance.

But seriously. 
Do you not speak to a researcher before they decide to put you on air? 
What the hell did this ‘Cider’ bloke say to the researcher for them to stick him on??? 

“Hey lads, we’ve got a proper drunken bumpkin on the line who has absolutely nothing of value to say, but we can make sure we ridicule him. Shall we put him on”

Surely cider was a wind up? If not, that has put the city of Bristols stereotype back decades! All we needed was an 'Asdal'.

Maybe there should be an alcohol test before people go on the radio?

Embarrassing drivel. Over an hour listening just to think 'I didn't think KITR sounded like that'. 😅 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

Just now, Harry said:

But seriously. 
What the hell did this ‘Cider’ bloke say to the researcher for them to stick him on??? 

“Hey lads, we’ve got a proper drunken bumpkin on the line who has absolutely nothing of value to say, but we can make sure we ridicule him. Shall we put him on”

Surely, to play up to the stereotype.

Also they weren't going to put Kid on who obviously gets too close to the truth

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I can't wait untill talksport roll their sleeves up and analyse what's happened with multiple guests each more insiteful than the last.

Or more lightly, they'll treat us like a skid mark on a towel like usual ..

Simon Jordan might be an interesting listen tbh. 😉

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

But seriously. 

"Proper drunken bumpkin" is rich coming from you 🤣

But seriously, yes, I spoke to a researcher for about 2 minutes and gave my opinion that Nige's sacking was simply a symptom of a poorly run club and that as City fans we had become used to these kind of poor decisions with no obvious plan going fwd. 

Maybe I underestimated that 606 is now just a bit of light-hearted Sunday night entertainment, and someone slurring their words in a strong regional accent is more entertaining than someone wanting to talk seriously about a club Chris Sutton admitted they had "no idea" about. 

Frustrating. 

TalkSport tomorrow - we go again 👊

• Like 9
  • Robin 6

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

But seriously, yes, I spoke to a researcher for about 2 minutes and gave my opinion that Nige's sacking was simply a symptom of a poorly run club and that as City fans we had become used to these kind of poor decisions with no obvious plan going fwd. 

Maybe I underestimated that 606 is now just a bit of light-hearted Sunday night entertainment, and someone slurring their words in a strong regional accent is more entertaining than someone wanting to talk seriously about a club Chris Sutton admitted they had "no idea" about. 

Frustrating. 

I’d like to think you might be taken a bit more seriously on that platform 🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well you probably did do the first bit mate 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Talk Sport is a far better show nowadays than Savage and 606. Infact Jordan will debate Lansdown quite happily with you. 

Exactly no love lost there.  In the past he gas called SL a "cheat" thrown a cup of coffee over him and criticised his business model

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Frustrating. 

Could be on Points West

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

You think, on the afternoon our hapless owner bins off Nige, you could do better than:

1. List a few players we have sold.

2. Suggest Warnock.

3. Start talking about Biff.

?

I didn't make it past point 1.

I can understand how the conversation might have gone on to include Warnock but how the heck it gets to Biff is beyond me.

It has become a truly dreadful program over the years. When it started under Danny Baker and Danny Kelly it was unmissable, groundbreaking and often very funny but overall was for the fans by fans.

The Savage/Sutton schtick is just painful and it's just hour upon hour of *Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool fans moaning and demanding the manager be sacked.

* insert whichever 'big' club is currently struggling to match their supporters entitled expectations.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fgrsimon said:

has become a truly dreadful program over the years. When it started under Danny Baker and Danny Kelly it was unmissable, groundbreaking and often very funny but overall was for the fans by fans.

It's been so long since I've listened to 606 that I've forgotten that they were the two originals, and yes they were excellent as you say.

It was genuinely shocking for me to hear it tonight for maybe the first time this century, it was amateurish and lacking in the general interest football stories which the two Dannys did so well.

The best I can say about it is that it reinforces for me just how good Geoff Twentyman was at his job.

How come he was on a local station and these halfwits go out nationally?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Could be on Points West

Sent in my contribution. You only get 10 seconds though 🤣

Mine was basically “thanks Nige and no to Nathan Jones”

Don’t live in the Points West area, so doubt I’ll know if I get on unless my dad sees me.

Edited by Dastardly and Muttley
  • Robin 1

6 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Sent in my contribution. You only get 10 seconds though 🤣

Mine was basically “thanks Nige and no to Nathan Jones”

Don’t live in the Points West area, so doubt I’ll know if I get on unless my dad sees me.

I don’t know if I can get it in London, even though my bbc iplayer etc is set to Bristol?

fair play for airing your thoughts. I don’t think I could risk going on media with how I feel! 🤬😂