IGNORED

Sound of the City Oct 30th

REDOXO

Whilst there may be perfectly good reasons for sacking Nigel, as long as Steve won't tell us what they are, we have to assume that it was based on recent results (which we all know is bollocks).

I don't think I can ever remember in nearly 60 years of being a City supporter ever seeing such a huge backlash against the sacking of a manager (and I don't mean just in Bristol). It's notmally the other way around.

Nigel had the club going in the right direction with no money, all his best players being sold, a small squad mainly consisting of youngsters and two hands tied behind his back.  Just imagine what he could have achieved with a bit of support).

They must have someone in mind to replace him, though I honestly can't think of anyone better, who is available, we could afford or would ever want to work with those scoundrels.  A decent manager will not come unless he is promised some funds and it would be really galling if that were to happen.  So in reality we must expect a promotion from within or a third rate manager who has been a repeated failure elsewhere (and my money is on the latter).

Look out for the fans chanting "We want Pearson back, we want pearson back" on Saturday along with "Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board" irrespective of how well we play against the absolutely worst team in the Championship at the moment and heaven forbid if they beat us.

Has anyone spoken to any of the players to see how they feel about it?

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Look out for the fans chanting "We want Pearson back, we want pearson back" on Saturday along with "Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board" irrespective of how well we play against the absolutely worst team in the Championship at the moment and heaven forbid if they beat us.

I think a non-stop "You don't know what you're doing" would fit the bill nicely.

• Like 3

Don’t understand did they honestly think sacking Nige wouldn’t cause a stink ,ffs they really are living on another planet ,

makes me wonder now they have seen the back lash wonder who will be in attendance from our invisible board Saturday get the feeling there gonna have a very uncomfortable afternoon , 

does SL even go anymore ?

12 minutes ago, redkev said:

Don’t understand did they honestly think sacking Nige wouldn’t cause a stink ,ffs they really are living on another planet ,

makes me wonder now they have seen the back lash wonder who will be in attendance from our invisible board Saturday get the feeling there gonna have a very uncomfortable afternoon , 

does SL even go anymore ?

I would be very surprised if Steve or his minime would dare to show their faces on Saturday. They will get a pretty rough reception if they do.