IGNORED

Sound of the City Oct 30th

REDOXO

Tomorrow is going to be interesting!

I don’t do Twitter (X) however I see on another thread Brian Tinnion saying he wouldn’t be worried about doing the show!

Short of one of the board/Lansdowns going on BT would be the fan choice I’m sure!

The issue is will the club make someone available to tell the truth (not be gamey) as to what has gone on with

1 Nigel Pearson’s termination

2 were there any discussions covert or otherwise with possible replacements prior to today (NP certainly seemed mugged off suddenly)

3 Are there currently discussions with a replacement 

4 What is the position of a sale of Bristol City and or Bristol Sport. 

I guess if anyone has questions, here might be a good place to put them to see what information will be made available to supporters. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We are a pathetically run football club. Lisa Knights is head of BS comms, Dave Barton Bristol City. Their advice as media professionals should obviously be to get the club's stance on the sacking out ASAP. 

Lead the narrative, and don't let rumour spread.

Instead, we have owners asleep at the wheel and comms people afraid of their own shadow, and who work about 1.5 days a week.

There is no way they will allow Tinnion on RB to be a lamb to the slaughter. Likewise Jon.

That just leaves Steve, who appears to have developed some sort of allergy that means he can't directly address City fans, or appear on any respectable news outlet. 

So, let's see - who has the cojones and ability to get the job done against the silverback gorilla Jeremy Paxman interviewer that is Ed Hadwin tomorrow evening - my bet is no-one. 

Depressing state of affairs. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We are a pathetically run football club. Lisa Knights is head of BS comms, Dave Barton Bristol City. Their advice as media professionals should obviously be to get the club's stance on the sacking out ASAP. 

Instead, we have owners asleep at the wheel and comms people afraid of their own shadow, and who work about 1.5 days a week.

There is no way they will allow Tinnion on RB to be a lamb to the slaughter. Likewise Jon.

That just leaves Steve, who appears to have developed some sort of allergy that means he can't directly address City fans, or appear on any respectable news outlet. 

So, let's see - who has the cojones and ability to get the job done against the silverback gorilla Jeremy Paxman interviewer that is Ed Hadwin tomorrow evening - my bet is no-one. 

This is my main reason for wanting a change at the top.

I just dont think he wants it any more, we need someone with energy, fresh ideas, respect for the fanbase, no baggage. He's given it a go, when he's wanted to, but its becoming farcical. 

• Like 4

Genuinely feels like the only reason we’re not further down than we are, is that there are plenty of other basket case clubs about as well. We are run piss poorly and it’s pure luck that we’re still a mid table Championship side, and equally frustrating that we’re not taking advantage of being in an industry with a bunch of other poor owners.

4 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

I just dont think he wants it any more, we need someone with energy, fresh ideas, respect for the fanbase, no baggage. He's given it a go, when he's wanted to, but its becoming farcical. 

At this point, I'd just settle for "respect for the fanbase", if I'm honest.

And that means progressing the sale of the club as quickly as he can because he demonstrably lacks the energy and fresh ideas to take the club forward. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Needs something new doesn't it. It might be a risk, but a risk i'm willing to take. For every Reading there is a Bournemouth.

The club NEEDS fresh ideas in the boardroom and within the club.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Genuinely feels like the only reason we’re not further down than we are, is that there are plenty of other basket case clubs about as well. We are run piss poorly and it’s pure luck that we’re still a mid table Championship side, and equally frustrating that we’re not taking advantage of being in an industry with a bunch of other poor owners.

It’s not pure luck, it was Pearson and the players willingness to keep fighting for him

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, petehinton said:

I’ll tell you now, they will absolutely HATE the public show of appreciation that all the players are posting on their social tonight. 

I feel gutted for some of those lads. NP really gave some of them a chance and improved a lot of them. I can imagine some are in disbelief this evening.

• Like 4

Just now, petehinton said:

I’ll tell you now, they will absolutely HATE the public show of appreciation that all the players are posting on their social tonight. 

Can’t sack all of them as well can they?

Fair play to them for doing so, Tommy C & Andi Weimann seemed to be the first to do so.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Good. It's clear the players absolutely love him.

The last manager I remember getting a proper outpouring of appreciation from the players on social media like that was SO'D when he left. Subsequent managerial departures have passed off without much public comment, either because they didn't want to or were ordered to keep it private.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Weird that my thread similar in nature to this was merged into another, and this one hasn’t been.

In any case, it’s going to be an interesting show - provided someone from the club steps up to the mic.

I’m not sure it was personal Jim. Just timing I guess! The first thing that has made me smile today!

51 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

He never wanted it in the first place. Football success for the sake of Bristol City.

He’s got exactly what he wanted and what he set out to get.

A diversified income stream to add to his portfolio of business interests. Diversify and de risk his investment further - football, rugby, basketball, concerts.

Cram the freeholds with as many franchises as he could. Max out on season tickets - many of whom will shell out at those franchises. Many will buy shirts and tat from the club shop.

And the icing on the cake? Freeholds in BS3, including Ashton Vale.

It was a disaster in the making from Day One. An absolute farce.

And yet some still say Steve is a good ‘un…….

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Good. It's clear the players absolutely love him.

The last manager I remember getting a proper outpouring of appreciation from the players on social media like that was SO'D when he left. Subsequent managerial departures have passed off without much public comment, either because they didn't want to or were ordered to keep it private.

Wouldn't it be lovely if the whole squad handed in transfer requests tomorrow morning? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

He never wanted it in the first place. Football success for the sake of Bristol City.

He’s got exactly what he wanted and what he set out to get.

A diversified income stream to add to his portfolio of business interests. Diversify and de risk his investment further - football, rugby, basketball, concerts.

Cram the freeholds with as many franchises as he could. Max out on season tickets - many of whom will shell out at those franchises. Many will buy shirts and tat from the club shop.

And the icing on the cake? Freeholds in BS3, including Ashton Vale.

It was a disaster in the making from Day One. An absolute farce.

And yet some still say Steve is a good ‘un…….

I don’t believe any of that for a second. I do believe he is a ***!

50 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

For those of us not on twitter, can anyone please post links to player commentary and reaction 

Yes please!

@Ed Hawin. Tomorrow you need to be a proper journalist!

Edited by REDOXO

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Post of the day Kid.
Said it for years on here. This Bristol Sport concept is a complete shambles in terms of progressing the football club. Lansdown GET OUT!