IGNORED

Sound of the City Oct 30th

REDOXO

49 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I do wonder that when a new head coach is brought in and by some strange miracle he gives us a positive bounce, we get in the top 6 and then pip Ipswich to second place on the last day of the season and get automatic promotion what we will all think when looking back at NP’s sacking and the comments on this forum over the past few days 

Supporters are a fickle breed and only seek success for their club, it doesn’t matter who, or how they just want it 

SL wants and needs a buyer and will get a far better return if we are a Prem club - maybe he is getting impatient?

He’s tried chucking money at it, tried being patient and build from within but realised Covid hit plans to keep home grown talent and had to sell due to FPP

Whats Next Steve?

Even if that did happen, the majority of fans are wise enough to know what's happened is beyond reasonable. 

In the same breath...if we had kept NP on, he could have done the same. 

More likely to get relegated or finish bottom third imo.

• Like 4

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Disgraceful. As supporters we collectively pour thousands into the club every week.

The best owners understand that they are mere custodians of something bigger, and show respect for the supporters without whom the club is nothing.

We deserve answers and respect from the board. We are getting neither. Never been more ashamed of our club.

SL has made it clear in the past, it’s his club and he will run it as he sees fit. He pours millions vs fans thousands.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

SOTC was hardly gonna be the most daunting of interrogations with Ed "we can't criticise the Lansdowns" Hadwin at the helm.

And yet they still bottled it.

Get out of our club ffs.

Thing is this also shows a complete and utter lack of any leadership qualities in the ‘board’.

They should be embarrassed at their inability to front up but I think they are completely shameless.

If you are a significant decision maker in a firm you have to have the stones to be accountable and relay the rationale as to why and what the vision is…..

Absolutely livid with how this has played out 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Disgraceful. As supporters we collectively pour thousands into the club every week.

The best owners understand that they are mere custodians of something bigger, and show respect for the supporters without whom the club is nothing.

We deserve answers and respect from the board. We are getting neither. Never been more ashamed of our club.

Absolutely , Lansdown Snr & the Club used to be a little more generous with info, not sure what changed.

I would say, if they do keep an eye on the internet as has been mentioned previously, some of the abuse he's got over the years has been horrible. That said, as someone in the public eye who has built a huge Company and mixed with the great and the good (and not so good , yes you Ashton ! ) should have a thicker skin and not such a fragile ego. 

Yes he owns the Club and has pumped in Mi££ions , but just as you say , respect for the fans and awareness that, unless he torches the entire Club he is just looking after it for a while, that would be nice. 
I remember when we got promoted to the Old First Division Harry Dolman's name was sang around the ground. If we somehow ever did go up not sure Steves name would echo around his Stand in the same way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

SL has made it clear in the past, it’s his club and he will run it as he sees fit. He pours millions vs fans thousands.

Sorry it isn’t his club , it is yours , mine and thousands of others. He is simply a custodian of the club , same as Dolman, Davidson and many others. Yes he pumps millions into the club but I’m sure there are many fans who on an annual basis who pay a higher percentage of their wealth into city than SL does , just his amount is greater in £ doesn’t mean it’s greater in % terms 

• Like 10
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, daored said:

Sorry it isn’t his club , it is yours , mine and thousands of others. He is simply a custodian of the club , same as Dolman, Davidson and many others. Yes he pumps millions into the club but I’m sure there are many fans who on an annual basis who pay a higher percentage of their wealth into city than SL does , just his amount is greater in £ doesn’t mean it’s greater in % terms 

This. It’s all relative. I’d put millions in if I had it 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

Thing is this also shows a complete and utter lack of any leadership qualities in the ‘board’.

They should be embarrassed at their inability to front up but I think they are completely shameless.

If you are a significant decision maker in a firm you have to have the stones to be accountable and relay the rationale as to why and what the vision is…..

Absolutely livid with how this has played out 

Agree , some will agree with the decision , some won’t but if you believe it’s the right thing the outside noise isn’t relevant 

Just now, petehinton said:

How the **** can’t you even accept 3 lines of very weak basic questioning from Ed Hadwin, just how bad is their reasoning that they can’t even handle that confidently 🤣🤣🤣

Its really only the head puppet master that should go on, all his minions including the pathetic board only dance to his tune anywayl

• Like 4

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

How the **** can’t you even accept 3 lines of very weak basic questioning from Ed Hadwin, just how bad is their reasoning that they can’t even handle that confidently 🤣🤣🤣

I’m not sure anyone at the club thought the backlash to this utterly senseless decision was going to be the way it’s been!

20 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Someone asked Tinman if he had the balls to go on tonight. He said he did but now isn’t going on. 

change the lyrics to Tinman is a shitman

Do you honestly think that the board/SL would let Tinnion loose on that programme ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I’m not sure anyone at the club thought the backlash to this utterly senseless decision was going to be the way it’s been!

Either they had no idea, which shows they haven't got a clue, or they knew it would go down like a sack of shit and just didn't care, which is arguably even worse.

Either way it's ****ing shocking behaviour.

Edited by nebristolred

9 minutes ago, James54De said:

Brian can ******* do one as well. Spineless ***** the lot of them. Get out.

Perhaps we can report Tinnion’s tweet to the Didn’t Happen of the Year awards. 

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

Have I missed something? Why is everyone suddenly going in on Tins? 

Yes. You’ve missed quite a lot. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, daored said:

Don’t disagree pal, just SL’s contempt for fans. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Someone asked Tinman if he had the balls to go on tonight. He said he did but now isn’t going on. 

change the lyrics to Tinman is a shitman

Not on twitter or x whatever it is now , can someone ask him why he’s not coming on , be interesting if he replies