IGNORED

Sound of the City Oct 30th

REDOXO

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Good. It's clear the players absolutely love him.

The last manager I remember getting a proper outpouring of appreciation from the players on social media like that was SO'D when he left. Subsequent managerial departures have passed off without much public comment, either because they didn't want to or were ordered to keep it private.

What I found surprising is that the club didn’t announce Nige P sacking today, as that would have given them a chance to tell all the players - social media blackout on the sacking please. But then this football club is a mess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fisherrich said:

What I found surprising is that the club didn’t announce Nige P sacking today, as that would have given them a chance to tell all the players - social media blackout on the sacking please. But then this football club is a mess.

It's possible that they did and the players have ignored them.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s the most admirable thing the club could do in this scenario.. which means they won’t. 

As always, they’ll bury their heads in the sand and take the path of least resistance. 

Tinnion wants to do it, but I very much doubt he'll be allowed - the PR people will advise against it probably.

Can you imagine the very first question;

"Do you think that NP deserved the sack" ?

4 hours ago, fisherrich said:

Maybe because Nige told them a few home truths in his own inimitable way and was already walking out the door leaving the major shareholder on his video call repeatedly shouting out what's going on, what's going on with Junior unable to stop Nige and attend to the video call at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Swede said:

Maybe because Nige told them a few home truths in his own inimitable way and was already walking out the door leaving the major shareholder on his video call repeatedly shouting out what's going on, what's going on with Junior unable to stop Nige and attend to the video call at the same time.

Dad, Dad, Nigels being nasty to me again 😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to grieve!   There's been a lot spoke about SL not wanting promotion because it'll cost him more.   On the contrary SL is desperate for promotion because it's his exit strategy.   Much easier to sell a Premier League club than a Championship one. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to grieve!   There's been a lot spoke about SL not wanting promotion because it'll cost him more.   On the contrary SL is desperate for promotion because it's his exit strategy.   Much easier to sell a Premier League club than a Championship one. 

Then he's going the wrong away about it.. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rednotblue said:

The only person I'd like to hear from is Nigel Pearson

Great shout!! I got a very nice email from his agent today for my comments regarding this nightmare. 

If they were ever going to get rid of Owers or Honor Pearson as a guest summarizer would be quality! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Red Skin said:

Yes, I think you're right.

I think they've come to the conclusion the only way they can get out is if we're a Premier League club.

And they're so desperate to achieve this and sell up, they're willing to ditch a perfectly capable manager because progress is "too slow". At the same time, making his life as difficult as possible by cutting budgets and with holding transfer funds.

Genius!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, rednotblue said:

The only person I'd like to hear from is Nigel Pearson

He probably won't be able to speak about it for at least 12 months.

If anyone goes on RB then it has to be either Steve Lansdown, Jon Lansdown, Gavin Marshall or Tom Rawcliffe. Allowing Tinnion on is either a) tacit admission that he was the machiavellian mastermind behind it all or b) basically sending out Grant Schapps to talk about the economy.

Realistically it has to be Jon or Gavin as they are the directors of the company that has just fired Pearson.

I imagine that no one will be on from the Club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If anyone goes on RB then it has to be either Steve Lansdown, Jon Lansdown, Gavin Marshall or Tom Rawcliffe. Allowing Tinnion on is either a) tacit admission that he was the machiavellian mastermind behind it all or b) basically sending out Grant Schapps to talk about the economy.

Realistically it has to be Jon or Gavin as they are the directors of the company that has just fired Pearson.

I don't think Nige should call in to RB. That would just look tit for tat and Nige is more classy than that. 

But I don't think we'll be waiting 12 months until Nige speaks out. When Nige has something to say, he says it. He's wealthy enough to not give a crap about losing a settlement. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I wouldn't be surprised if NP turns up on the programme in the not too distant future.

As for tonight, letting Tinnion loose on the show would be a massive mistake, but he's probably the only one who would be up for it. He'd inadvertently drop them in it imo.

I'd be really surprised if SL or JL agree to be on there tonight, maybe if we go on a four game winning run.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't think Nige should call in to RB. That would just look tit for tat and Nige is more classy than that. 

But I don't think we'll be waiting 12 months until Nige speaks out. When Nige has something to say, he says it. He's wealthy enough to not give a crap about losing a settlement. 

He's professional enough to keep to the terms of any NDA whilst at the same time managing to drop massive 'read between the lines' depth charges.

Should be interesting.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Classy enough not to call into RB, but not classy enough to honour a settlement agreement? 

I think we've seen from his previous sackings that he'll speak, but in due course.

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

He's professional enough to keep to the terms of any NDA whilst at the same time managing to drop massive 'read between the lines' depth charges.

Should be interesting.

Exactly