IGNORED

Dave Rennie

hinsleburg

21 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Was Rennie sacked or did he walk over the removal of Pearson? 

It seems bizarre to remove the head of medical performance,  unless you are somehow blaming him for the injury list.

Are our injries worse than other Championship clubs at this stage if the season? Or does it just seem more of an issue due to the slenderness of the senior squad?

Sacked, same as Euell.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It seems bizarre to remove the head of medical performance,  unless you are somehow blaming him for the injury list.

Are our injries worse than other Championship clubs at this stage if the season? Or does it just seem more of an issue due to the slenderness of the senior squad?

If you’ve seen the kinds of alleged ITK stuff I’ve read this week, you’ll have seen multiple stories, ranging from as you suggest that he walked over Pearson, to the opposite that Pearson walked over him, and other theories in between.

Hence my thoughts that stuff is being purposely put out there.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If you’ve seen the kinds of alleged ITK stuff I’ve read this week, you’ll have seen multiple stories, ranging from as you suggest that he walked over Pearson, to the opposite that Pearson walked over him, and other theories in between.

Blimey. 

It certainly seems, from the way Tinnion made reference to the situation,  that the club are somehow blaming medical staff and coaches for the injuries we have acrued recently.

Without me having to do anything as boring as research this, do you know how we compare to other clubs in the length of our sick list?

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Blimey. 

It certainly seems, from the way Tinnion made reference to the situation,  that the club are somehow blaming medical staff and coaches for the injuries we have acrued recently.

Without me having to do anything as boring as research this, do you know how we compare to other clubs in the length of our sick list?

I don’t I’m afraid.

I really started tracing ours last season, mainly because a lot of non-facts get put out, but also for my own purposes too.  Broken down by injury type and matches missed.

I think the biggest problem is injuries expose a small squad.  I’d guess that most clubs have circa 3-6 out most of the time.

IMG_8919.thumb.jpeg.b1fb4a9b9c5154376fbd5bf8774439df.jpeg

you can see above that we’ve run between 4-6 until Coventry.  Circled numbers are where we’ve also had players missing through suspension (Dickie) or ineligibility (TGH).

If you take the fact that two players (RA and AB) have ACLs, and have dine since last season, you can decide to omit them from the totals or not.  But, my view is whether you do that or not, in RA’s situation and our budget, you can’t go out and recruit another permanent signing.  Ignore the budget and you’d probably think a 6 month loan would’ve been useful.  That’s the pros and cons I guess of a small budget.

I’d love to track how they occurred, e.g. in game, in training, other and weather contact or strain…but we only get limited info.  Sometimes in say the case of HWR we only get to find out when he’s had an op, even if I’ve heard otherwise, so I try to stick to what the club tell us so I don’t get subjective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't think anyone was blaming him for the initial injuries in most cases, but from what I can gather he had quite rigid timescales on when players should be doing things in recovery. I know he is well considered in his field but players need to have confidence in that schedule and the person behind it, and if, as has happened to a few players, injuries recur or other injuries appear because they feel they have been rushed back, that confidence can be eroded. 

Additionally, as some players recovery schedules have been changed already, it suggests that there were mixed messages amongst the medical team, and again the players need to believe that everyone agrees they are on the right schedule to have confidence in their recovery. At the end of the day, the club might want them now, but players have a whole career to think about.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well @Bcfcshags posted to say they weren't happy about how players were being treated. Too long off over the international break and then an intense session on their return caused injuries

Nige said all but 1 were impact injuries

So someone is lying.

Why isn't there a thread on the fact that several players appear to have made miraculous recoveries - or was that always likely this weekend?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think anyone was blaming him for the initial injuries in most cases, but from what I can gather he had quite rigid timescales on when players should be doing things in recovery. I know he is well considered in his field but players need to have confidence in that schedule and the person behind it, and if, as has happened to a few players, injuries recur or other injuries appear because they feel they have been rushed back, that confidence can be eroded. 

Additionally, as some players recovery schedules have been changed already, it suggests that there were mixed messages amongst the medical team, and again the players need to believe that everyone agrees they are on the right schedule to have confidence in their recovery. At the end of the day, the club might want them now, but players have a whole career to think about.

That story came from someone so someone is pointing the finger of blame tbf.
 Is there any proof players were rushed back? What evidence is there that that ever happened? Or that any player felt that

If Rennie had rigid time scales, most health professionals practice, is evidence based and with his vast experience that was no doubt backed up by that and not by some rigidity from self importance. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 1

Just now, MarcusX said:

Why isn't there a thread on the fact that several players appear to have made miraculous recoveries - or was that always likely this weekend?

There have been several posts in different threads.  The timescales for Tanner, Naismith and Vyner were all roughly around last week to next week.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Well @Bcfcshags posted to say they weren't happy about how players were being treated. Too long off over the international break and then an intense session on their return caused injuries

So someone is lying.

As has been said before, this idea that players were sent off on rest,without a properly tailored management is ridiculous. 

With professional athletes it’s perfectly standard practice after 3 months training, to have a week off, but you still be following some lower impact type training to keep the body in good condition. They’d have then worked up to intense training. Give them some credit. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

So someone is lying.

Rennie has a PHD in sport science, and had 20 years in the same role at a club much bigger than us, to huge success.  

I think I’d trust whatever he’d recommend, over what a player/Tinnion/anyone far less qualified to comment, tbh. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 3

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There have been several posts in different threads.  The timescales for Tanner, Naismith and Vyner were all roughly around last week to next week.

Exactly what I was about to say.

Benarous too, back from hamstring issues of late.

None of this is exactly “miraculous” though the prominence of them in the training video is certainly interesting from a PR perspective.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

So someone is lying.

Impact injuries will always happen in football, but their severity and recoverability can be improved by conditioning and fitness, as well as the way they are treated both on pitch and after games. And, to a degree, coaches can also try to get players to play in ways that minimise the likelihood of them being seriously hurt. 

I certainly don't have enough knowledge to say Dr Rennie and his team were not doing this, and I very much doubt Brian Tinnion or Jon Lansdown do either.  It seems a very strange call. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

So someone is lying.

There's no conspiracy theory to be had here and there's no reason to believe anything other than virtually all the players were 100% behind Pearson and his staff. 

16 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

That story came from someone so someone is pointing the finger of blame tbf.
 Is there any proof players were rushed back? What evidence is there that that ever happened? Or that any player felt that

If Rennie had rigid time scales, most health professionals practice, is evidence based and with his vast experience that was no doubt backed up by that and not by some rigidity from self importance. 

I can’t think of any players coming back early and therefore causing reoccurring injury since he’s been here, my impression is the opposite, players return dates mostly seem to be later than first reported. Tommy seems the exception to the rule, but hasn’t had reoccurring injuries, just young and a fast healer. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ashtongreight said:

I can’t think of any players coming back early and therefore causing reoccurring injury since he’s been here, my impression is the opposite, players return dates mostly seem to be later than first reported. Tommy seems the exception to the rule, but hasn’t had reoccurring injuries, just young and a fast healer. 

Yes, if anything I think they've tended to err on the side of caution, Nige would regularly talk about wanting players to recover fully now to prevent reoccurences and feel the benefit lfurther down the line, even if that meant coming back a week or two later than might be expected.

• Like 3

I couldn't understand the only one player non-impact injury comment. Wasn't Tommy a hamstring coming on late in a game? If so, Mccorrie's was an impact? Benarous too? We also 'broke' Scott before he left.

I have no idea what went or is going on...but to blame the fact that 50% of the squad is injured on 'bad luck' is just ducking a serious issue(s) imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thanks, it's hard to keep up on all the various threads - often many pages have been added between visits 😂 I just thought because the comment came from someone who's usually well informed, it may have drew it's own thread.

2 hours ago, JP Hampton said:

As has been said before, this idea that players were sent off on rest,without a properly tailored management is ridiculous. 

With professional athletes it’s perfectly standard practice after 3 months training, to have a week off, but you still be following some lower impact type training to keep the body in good condition. They’d have then worked up to intense training. Give them some credit. 

I'd agree, I was certainly hinting that the story was made up (though not knocking the poster, I believe he was likely told that)

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Rennie has a PHD in sport science, and had 20 years in the same role at a club much bigger than us, to huge success.  

I think I’d trust whatever he’d recommend, over what a player/Tinnion/anyone far less qualified to comment, tbh. 

I agree, think my position was misunderstood.

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

There's no conspiracy theory to be had here and there's no reason to believe anything other than virtually all the players were 100% behind Pearson and his staff. 

As above, fully agree. I wasn't suggesting a conspiracy, I was suggesting the clubs story was wrong.

As someone else said the focus on the returning players did seem quite delibarate in the videos

• Like 2

On 30/10/2023 at 11:58, Merrick's Marvels said:

This is the bit that gets my goat more than anything.

If you're running a club with such an emphasis on bringing kids through into the 1st team - along with buying lower league players unproven at Champ level but with potential - what you need is someone expert at culture-building, man management, leadership, someone with cast iron authority but also empathy.  

This was Pearson's greatest strength. And he was developing some of his Coaches in the same way, too.

Andi Weimann's Twitter confirms it - "I have learned so much from working with you... not only as a player but as a person and a leader".

Beautifully put MM...thank you.

Gets my goat! 🐐

How fuzzy they're thinking must be 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Spot on-

And testiment to how much Lansdown's a sucker for a good rimming 😬

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They were all sacked.

On 30/10/2023 at 04:52, Olé said:

He and Orme (and Euell at times) were visibly also very active in the work Matt Parsons organises at away games to deliver excess food to homeless shelters - and Rennie was clearly more to the squad than just the medical guy. Again very visible in videos how much he helped build the culture with NP where staff put an arm around and take an interest in players and do so with a smile on their face.

As people with no prior affiliation to Bristol let alone our club, Pearson and Rennie bought into everything about BCFC and the area and what it means to represent us and act with class and integrity in building a positive culture. This could be posted in any one of countless threads but the contrast and juxtaposition with the total absence of class from the Lansdown family in handling this is quite jarring. 

Exactly! 

Jarring is an excellent word right now!

I can not believe crayon boy has done this, but I also don’t believe this has happened in crayola style vacuum!

SL must have sanctioned it and Tinman must have been involved! I can’t see a scenario, particularly in light of what was said about Andy King playing, where he wasn’t. 

Son of a bitch I am so angry!

Effing half wits!!

• Like 3