IGNORED

And just to make you feel even worse...

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I thought the 3 of them looked tidy.

Kelly, Semenyo and Scott. All sold on for a profit.

But **** me. To Bournemouth. ******* Bournemouth. You can see how far we’ve gone backwards when we’re selling to Bournemouth.

And Brentford. Not so long ago well below us.

And Brighton. Who remembers the story about the Brighton chairman driving up from the south coast to give his support to Steve’s grand Ashton Vale dream?

Sold for a profit. Did Steve reinvest? Or take a dividend?

How far we’ve come. In Lansdown we trust 😡

Plenty of teams much, much bigger than us saying the same thing regarding Bournemouth 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

I actually find it quite humiliating that we have sold our 3 best young prospects to the UKs biggest nursing home. I have taken some stick on here for having the audacity to criticise Lansdown but it appears the blinkers are now thankfully coming off. 
I reckon Conway will be itching for a move at some point especially with his mentor NP now moving on. I expect his best mate Scott has been on the phone telling him how great it is playing at Old Trafford et al…..oh and the £40k a week ain’t too shabby!! 

There’s lots to criticise Lansdown for, but I’m not sure that this is one?

Are you criticising him for having sold those three players? It was always going to happen, we knew that. And as others have said, we have to sell to avoid FFP problems. 

Or are you critical of it being Bournemouth? Surely it doesn’t really matter who as long as we get the best deal we can?

You can argue about how we use the money, but that’s a different issue.

I think you’re right about Conway. I thought in the summer that he’d be the next. But there is a positive to that: he’s going to have to do a fair bit more to impress over the next few weeks/months if he’s going to have any chance of a big move. The injury was a setback, but 10 minutes at Rotherham aside, he hasn’t really pushed on from last season yet.