IGNORED

And just to make you feel even worse...

Best of luck to the kid. 
I actually want him to progress so well this year that he is the natural 3rd midfielder the England team needs. 
We have the 6 in Rice and we have the 10 in Bellingham. We just need the 8 as opposed to a 2nd DM. Scott will be perfect. 

• Like 17

Just now, Harry said:

Best of luck to the kid. 
I actually want him to progress so well this year that he is the natural 3rd midfielder the England team needs. 
We have the 6 in Rice and we have the 10 in Bellingham. We just need the 8 as opposed to a 2nd DM. Scott will be perfect. 

I agree. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Best of luck to the kid. 

A midfield three of Bellingham, Archie Gray and Scotty would be some testament to the gems in the EFL 

• Like 1

We were never going to replace him, he was a rare thing. Someone who can dribble , pass and liked a tackle. Strong and so wise at a young age. We could only have added a couple of players to fill that hole, Knight has been brilliant and another along those lines would have helped. TGH might grow into that, but you will have to wait a very long time to find another like AS that we could get, in reality.

I want him to shine, and fully expect him in the England squad within 12-18 months if it goes well.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 3

I thought the 3 of them looked tidy.

Kelly, Semenyo and Scott. All sold on for a profit.

But **** me. To Bournemouth. ******* Bournemouth. You can see how far we’ve gone backwards when we’re selling to Bournemouth.

And Brentford. Not so long ago well below us.

And Brighton. Who remembers the story about the Brighton chairman driving up from the south coast to give his support to Steve’s grand Ashton Vale dream?

Sold for a profit. Did Steve reinvest? Or take a dividend?

How far we’ve come. In Lansdown we trust 😡

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Hopefully we have a good sell-on clause. And Semenyo took his goal well on Saturday. Another reminder of what we had only 12 months ago…

And going back a little beyond the 12 months, Kelly and Brownhill from the same game too. Add in Webster and it’s a huge ‘if only’ isn’t it? Still, I suppose  £80m is the reality, and does no more than keep us on an even keel financially. Sad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And going back a little beyond the 12 months, Kelly and Brownhill from the same game too. Add in Webster and it’s a huge ‘if only’ isn’t it? Still, I suppose  £80m is the reality, and does no more than keep us on an even keel financially. Sad. 

Without that money we would have had massive FFP sanctions

• Like 2

Just now, italian dave said:

£80 million in 3-4 years…

Really makes you realise how much money we spaffed away under LJ and Ashton that caused much of the financial problems with their big fee, big wages policy. Leaving Nige to clear up their mess…

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

£80 million in 3-4 years…

Really makes you realise how much money we spaffed away under LJ and Ashton that caused much of the financial problems with their big fee, big wages policy. Leaving Nige to clear up their mess…

Not we. Lansdown. He’s the one who as ultimate beneficial owner ultimately spunked the money up the wall.

And to think he runs a business that manages pension funds…… 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

I thought the 3 of them looked tidy.

Kelly, Semenyo and Scott. All sold on for a profit.

But **** me. To Bournemouth. ******* Bournemouth. You can see how far we’ve gone backwards when we’re selling to Bournemouth.

And Brentford. Not so long ago well below us.

And Brighton. Who remembers the story about the Brighton chairman driving up from the south coast to give his support to Steve’s grand Ashton Vale dream?

Sold for a profit. Did Steve reinvest? Or take a dividend?

How far we’ve come. In Lansdown we trust 😡

I actually find it quite humiliating that we have sold our 3 best young prospects to the UKs biggest nursing home. I have taken some stick on here for having the audacity to criticise Lansdown but it appears the blinkers are now thankfully coming off. 
I reckon Conway will be itching for a move at some point especially with his mentor NP now moving on. I expect his best mate Scott has been on the phone telling him how great it is playing at Old Trafford et al…..oh and the £40k a week ain’t too shabby!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1