IGNORED

The response!

Rocky

oh my, the Tinnion interview just adds an extra layer of sadness, anger and frustration.

Just saying we want to play on the front foot over and over again doesn't make it happen, Brian, if we have no fit central defenders do you not think that might impede that philosophy just a little? do you not recognise that we WERE playing just like that before an already wafer thin squad was hit by a seriously long injury list.

nothing, i mean NOTHING that came out of his mouth helped there, WTF where the club thinking that these two interviews were going to do.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Well I see the hysteria hasn't abated this morning.

This was always going to be a hiding to nothing interview unless things were saidin exactly the way the baying mob wanted

Some of the abuse is completely unwarranted .

Give your collective heads a wobble

Some of the 'fans' behaviour is unreal 

All this because the club decided to change a manager FFS.

You still here?

Thought you were having a break from "footy" this season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NickJ said:

He's boasting about a £50m development but when Lansdown first got involved there were plans passed by Bristol City Council for a 12,000 wrap around the Williams and East End. It was scrapped. Why?

My numbers are a bit hazy after these years but lets say it was someting like £10m budgeted cost AND half of that would have been paid for by the FOOTBALL TRUST, who at that time were tasked with encouraging clubs to upgrade facilities.

I never understood why that didn't go ahead, can anyone with a better memory than me add to that?

I was very vocal on here many years ago regarding Aston Vale etc and the motives behind transferring the stadium. I was proved right in many respects. For example, SL claimed AG wasnt financially viable, but after AV didn't go ahead, guess what, he developed AG - leaving him with personal ownership of AV which had been purchased off the back of BCFC.

You lose the energy to keep on about it after a while.

But with what's going on now with Crayon Boy I'm considering cranking it up again.

EDITED for CrayonBoyEsque spelling mistakes.

I've said it before, something fishy about that whole saga.

A hidden agenda may well surface in due course.

I agree we shouldn't make it personal.  

However, a basic requirement of the Chair person,  the leader, the figurehead of a significant organisation under contant national scrutiny is to be able to communicate effectively.    Nobody looking at this appalling clip could or has suggested that John Lansdown is capable of communicating effectively.   This was a carefully prepared piece with a friendly interviewer held in private.    If you can't explain the biggest decision you have to make as a Chair to a friendly person in an otherwise empty room, it's not personal to assess you as completely incapable of doing your job.

Other essential requirements are to have a complete understanding of the organisation and its performance.  John Lansdown says the he thinks the current squad is the best there has been "during my time".    However he measures that period, he knows that Semenyo and Scott have left in the last 10 months.    Does he think we are stupid?    Can someone with that level of IQ really be in charge of a significant organisation?   

• Like 2
  • Flames 7

I'm going to go against the grain on that one actually. Plenty of competent people, in fact some of the best, aren't the best at public speaking and are quite insular people. We've got plenty we can dig at the ownership for but I'm quite happy with JL attempting something he clearly wasn't completely comfortable doing. I just wish he had actually given us some more realistic and less tainted 'information', rather than dancing around the actual core point.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I'm going to go against the grain on that one actually. Plenty of competent people, in fact some of the best, aren't the best at public speaking and are quite insular people. We've got plenty we can dig at the ownership for but I'm quite happy with JL attempting something he clearly wasn't completely comfortable doing. I just wish he had actually given us some more realistic and less tainted 'information', rather than dancing around the actual core point.

See my post above.   That was not public speaking.   It was a safe place

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

Fork me. What a doughnut.  Squads good enough and we're playing the right way, so we sack the man responsible! 

If this was Rovers we'd have pages of laughter at the clown.

I think him and daddy will get some real grief.

He could have used almost exactly the same words if he had given Nige a new contract.

• Like 5

One positive from this debacle is that it’s more or less united the fan base. 
Many people were still polarised around the pros and cons of the LJ/Ashton era - and whether or not NP was any better on the pitch, but most of us (whether we liked LJ or not) are agreed that this seems a crazy decision. 
Maybe it’s a stroke of genius by the board in trying to unite the fan base again, by giving us something to all collectively unite in anger and disbelief about?

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

250k views (allegedly) on Twitter... I highly doubt it's that high but either way, I'd still be bricking it!

This was his own team filming him.  He could have tried it a hundred times until he got it right.   He just has to explain why he fired Pearson.

The question for the comms team is, which is worse, allowing them to speak or making sure nobody gets to see that they have no explanation for sacking the very person who had already begun to achieve what the two of them are now saying we are aiming to achieve.   

• Flames 1

Pretty much called the fans mugs, saying we can hate him but we'll still be at the match, still paying our money, still cheering on the team. 

That's all he wants, it's for the fans to keep turning up and keep paying to cheer on the players as it makes it look good for the buyers. "Look, we sacked the guy they wanted here and they still keep coming and paying to see it. It's a great investment, hell, so long as they're dressed in red with a Robin on them these idiots will say they hate you and keep giving you their money. You can even make the Robin in coral draw they'll still buy it after a moan."

Jon takes the fans for mugs, he can do one. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2