IGNORED

The response!

Rocky

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Pretty much called the fans mugs, saying we can hate him but we'll still be at the match, still paying our money, still cheering on the team. 

That's all he wants, it's for the fans to keep turning up and keep paying to cheer on the players as it makes it look good for the buyers. "Look, we sacked the guy they wanted here and they still keep coming and paying to see it. It's a great investment, hell, so long as they're dressed in red with a Robin on them these idiots will say they hate you and keep giving you their money. You can even make the Robin in coral draw they'll still buy it after a moan."

Jon takes the fans for mugs, he can do one. 

He’s the son of a billionaire, got absolutely No sense of reality 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Spike said:

Pretty much called the fans mugs, saying we can hate him but we'll still be at the match, still paying our money, still cheering on the team. 

That's all he wants, it's for the fans to keep turning up and keep paying to cheer on the players as it makes it look good for the buyers. "Look, we sacked the guy they wanted here and they still keep coming and paying to see it. It's a great investment, hell, so long as they're dressed in red with a Robin on them these idiots will say they hate you and keep giving you their money. You can even make the Robin in coral draw they'll still buy it after a moan."

Jon takes the fans for mugs, he can do one. 

Exactly what they want from fans. Turn up, pay up, then **** off. No interaction required.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

2 minutes and nothing was really answered 

I'm a bit late to this (long day at work) but have to say - what a damp squib of an interview. Finley - you've summed it up perfectly here.

Then again, should I have really come to expect anything less from the powderpuff City/Bristol Sport media team? 

This all just doesn't stack up. It is blatently obvious that this squad is not good enough for a promotion push and needed further investment in the summer.

We are just going to repeat the same cycle we have always done under the Lansdowns.

1. Bring in experienced manager, but move goalposts in such a way that we set manager up to fail.
  2. Fire said manager, bring in novice "head coach".
  3. Spunk millions on building a bloated squad as per DOF and head coach recommendations.
  4. Slowly tumble down the league/(s).
  5. Fire novice head coach, and begin from step 1 again.

The mind boggles, truly.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Well I see the hysteria hasn't abated this morning.

This was always going to be a hiding to nothing interview unless things were saidin exactly the way the baying mob wanted

Some of the abuse is completely unwarranted .

Give your collective heads a wobble

Some of the 'fans' behaviour is unreal 

All this because the club decided to change a manager FFS.

It was always going to be a hiding to nothing interview because Crayon Boy is out of his depth and completely unqualified to be managing people and Chairman of a Championship football club.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Red Exile said:

...a guess - Dave Barton said 'these are the questions that need to be answered'....

...answers came there none I'm afraid.

Who on earth thinks we have a squad to match that of the top clubs in this league?

To think that that man runs an institution I care deeply about! It's embarrassing.

He looks like he’s on day release from an institution-Barrow Gurney

11 hours ago, Elmore James said:

Watching that was a bit of a shocker, I almost felt sorry for the bloke.  There is no way Jon should be fronting-up a football club, he doesn't have the inner strength for the job, you can hear it in his voice.  I blame his old man for putting him in this situation.

Yes, even Geoff Dunceford   (at a similar age) would have knocked him into a cocked hat !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MelksRed said:

"Get to the premier league and be positive"

"We think the squad is good enough".

"Progressive , front foot, pressing" - a coach needs to buy into that. 

Utter delusional. No idea, no intent...i can tell you know that Flemming will be appointed.

Yes agreed there. Matches BT's interview. Total rubbish.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

My good friend in Oz (a psychologist) had this to say when he watched the JL video…..

Um I think Jon speaks with a forked tongue, he’s a poor liar and he’s worried about the fans reaction. A total boycott of the next home game is a great idea! 

TBH I'm actually tempted now. They deserve nothing from us now.

Would be amazing if we could organise this before Saturday.

• Like 2

Like the vast majority on here I was absolutely gutted by the decision on Sunday. 

The only rational that might have justified the decision was if they had already lined up a replacement  (eg Southampton sacking Nigel  Atkins and replacing with Potch) who they were confident would get us promoted and were willing to back to achieve the goal 

However I respectfully suggest Jon watches a lot more football if he genuinely thinks we have a squad capable of getting promoted . IMO no one could have done a much better job than NP with the resources that were made available   

Without knowing what good look like you have no chance of achieving success because you do not know what you are working towards.

So for me the two comments  “we have a squad that should be competing at the top end of the league” and “we might add  further names to the list”  confirms that we are in trouble again .   Our CEO doesn’t appear to know what good looks like or who he is going to  get to do a better job than Nigel.