IGNORED

Next Head Coach

bcfc01

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Hmm.

An interesting suggestion.

Whilst he is American, he does have a Germanic sounding name and, additionally, used to be the HC of Leipzig.

Very cryptic of Kid, though, if true.

Well if you want to get 3 2 1 levels of cryptic, John Mousinho played for Brentford and they are Managed by a German.... 

I claim my prize :)

Screenshot_2023-11-05-13-32-13-87_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, redpole said:

He’s American, not German. 

Quite - a typo on my part.

As I suggested in my post, the new incumbent is apparently *not* a German national.

Sorry, I have just realised that you were talking about FH.

I never knew he was born in the USA, I had always assumed he was German.

My first comment was referring to JM.

Goodness, it’s confusing.

So, after all that, compensation apart, is he perhaps a realistic possibility?

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

57 minutes ago, Olé said:

It’s all a bit cryptic as in his initial message he says he is following up a story from England and asking about the salary of the Bristol trainer job. He hasn’t replied for an hour though so I don’t know what it’s about.

Has now replied. It's in Portuguese so I am paraphrasing and he is being unusually terse/snappy for someone who contacted me (!?) but it sounds like a wild goose chase as he has said he doesn't know anything either. He was simply looking for someone who can give him a perspective on salary and importance of the Bristol job because his "office" was contacted on Friday from England for background information on the Famalicao trainer in order to write a story and they have no other information but he has been asked to assess the likely English club it might be related to for their own story.

He has since said something condescending/sarcastic to me about the fact Famalicao is part owned by Atletico Madrid (which I already know) which I think was to imply that my short profile of City isn't especially exciting to him and probably not where he thinks this manager will be going. Anyhow he's gone silent again. As it happens the coach at Famalicao (João Pedro Sousa) is Marco Silva's old assistant so there is an angle here, but this guy is just joining dots and clearly there is no specific link to us, just to a job in England. Alternatively someone in the UK has got bored and wasting his time.

Edit: profile here for people who want to go down the rabbit hole https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo%C3%A3o_Pedro_Sousa

Edited by Olé
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I love that non of us have a clue! All these sexy manager suggestions, just for to appoint someone really underwhelming. Us city fans never learn, do we. It's nice to dream for a bit though. Fingers crossed though 🤞 

Yep the title of this particular thread should surely be " Uninformed conjecture by a bunch of daydreamers who just like "Manuel"  .......No nothing?"    Still,    it keeps people amused and provides a hobby for some? 🤓

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Galley said:

Someone I spoke to yesterday had questioned Brian Tinnion about the new manager and all he would say was that you will be excited by the new appointment.

Anybody who believes a word that comes out of our snakey tecknical directors mouth is going to be pretty disappointed! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Jones pulled out apparently……..hmmmm! 

The only thing I know about Jones is that the players, especially the ones with him at Luton, rate him a lot higher than us fans.

He was also instrumental in Naismith coming here after he spoke very highly of us to him.

Unfortunately my main image of him is looking like he was having a breakdown in front of the TV cameras after yet another Southampton defeat. :(

I’m just amazed and perhaps maybe a little worried that there is currently 0 media coverage on a supposedly imminent appointment. 
Either we’re now very good at keeping a lid on things, making a complete left field appointment or we’re in fact nowhere near bringing a new HC in. I’m leaning towards to latter if the past is anything to go by.

Edited by The hand of RO'D
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Kid is quite sure there is a German connection, without the new incumbent actually being German.

Oliver Glasner (Austrian) would be amazing, but surely out of our league,

When he left Eintracht Frankfurt, I was pretty sure he would get another job in the Bundesliga, but he has now been without a club since the end of last season.

Bo Svennson (Danish) has only very recently left Mainz, although surely he could get a better position than with us.

Additionally, someone mentioned earlier that we might need a translator for our new HC, which wouldn’t be the case here as his English is excellent.

In short, I should be delighted with either, but am extremely sceptical that we will get one of them.

Put this on another thread but, whilst I’m not necessarily suggesting it will be this guy, this is the level of profile I’d expect for a non-German German-connected manager who we were after and was up for coming to us:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kenan-kocak/profil/trainer/17833