IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Iron Acton Red said:

I think Lansdown would invest in players if he likes the manager. Remember how much money junior got to spend during his tenure here after Cotts got the push.

Exactly. If we appointed Mark Robins suddenly the purse strings would loosen.

Same would apply for Lampard.. and probably an any other appointment he wants that the fans are unsure of.. Williams for example.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

But wasn’t Pearson high profile enough ? 

Yes and no.

To us and varied players I'd say so.

To the media and starf*****s out there probably not.

Look at the range of hit and miss but young and fashionable appointments made by clubs in the top 2 tiers in recent years. Starf*****s and ability to tap contacts, build the brand.

NP on merit is better than a lot of them. Same goes for a number of foreign managers too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Lampard is exactly the sort of appointment the Lansdowns would make

I don't think so...

They haven't learned a great deal since their ownership but with the Coppell and David James deals, they must have learnt something, so super football brand names isn't their style.

I think Liam Manning has much more chance. He will conform to the regime.

Edited by Tomo

3 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

I think he could be exactly what we need young and has experience,knows the young men in the game , would imagine he’d want his teams on front foot as Tinman said and plenty of contacts for the loan market 

Was it Pearson or the club who were against loan signings, I don’t recall Pearson making a single loan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Was it Pearson or the club who were against loan signings, I don’t recall Pearson making a single loan. 

I had the feeling it was more Pearson who was personally against them more than the club to be honest. Just the feeling i always got, might be wrong..

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Past his sell-by date for many in the media unfortunately 

He's generally not rated that highly by fans of other clubs if you look around either.

Stoke and Birmingham forums or some others on didn't think he had made any great impact on here.

A poll by that podcast with Dilks and Peach had a poll on Pearson and made for interesting reading. Presumably a cross section of fans across clubs.

Screenshot_20231101-185624_Chrome.thumb.jpg.365c56da88b830ee3e6504e36503f0f2.jpg

7 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Firstly we were hamstrung by FFP for at least 2 and perhaps 3 or 4 windows so PL loans wwre a non starter. Unless the parent club subsidises as they seem to for some but never for us! Loans cost.. wages, loan fees, penalty  for not playing etc.

This summer, when Scott went the rug was pulled. I expect NP might have quite liked to dip in for one or two more to help push the squad on a bit post Scott sale, be they loan or permanent.

3 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Mason Mount had played 3 EFL cup games in England and a season at Vitesse I think, before Derby.

Tomori had been on loan at Hull and Brighton before Derby.

These players in context weren't 'Champions League level'players at the time and we're still learning their craft

But ya know why let facts get in way of a moan.

Fwiw Lampard could be different, point to prove, worked in structures and plays youth and attacking football.

Wouldn't be opposed to it if it was on the radar 

I did say shortly after.

Point is. He added players too good for the championship and got zero improvement from the side.

I personally wouldn’t be blinded by his playing career. As a manager, he hasn’t impressed at all. 

Can you tell me what in his career makes you think he’s a good manager?

Good start at Chelsea… and then?…..

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He's generally not rated that highly by fans of other clubs if you look around either.

Stoke and Birmingham forums or some others on didn't think he had made any great impact on here.

A poll by that podcast with Dilks and Peach had a poll on Pearson and made for interesting reading. Presumably a cross section of fans across clubs.

Screenshot_20231101-185624_Chrome.thumb.jpg.365c56da88b830ee3e6504e36503f0f2.jpg

Bristol Sport Bots. 

Edited by Engvall’s Splinter

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wouldn’t take that as golden, knowing their podcast’s view on him it wouldn’t surprise me if they created 500 fake accounts and voted no

3 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Wouldn’t take that as golden, knowing their podcast’s view on him it wouldn’t surprise me if they created 500 fake accounts and voted no

Ah well maybe.

Albeit if you look around social media, or other forums fans of other clubs can be a bit meh about NP.

I think he is someone who has not got these breaks in football.

Carrick, especially Martin and Parker

Then Kompany and Maresca.

He doesn't fit a certain profile, he is better than the first 3 without a doubt, especially Martin and Parker.

Yet look who Parachute clubs go for.

• Like 1