IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

Not for one minute did I even consider Lampard , but TBF I didn't think Lansdown would get Pearson so shows what I know.

He did get Derby in the playoffs, though wasn't that a few top loans ?

It is the sort of appointment Steve and Jon would love , but I'm not sure how Lamps would cope being fed players by BT. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mozo said:

This one will be ruled out very soon. That's just bleeding obvious! We'll be going for much lower profile/wage demands.

Wasn’t there an article somewhere saying he’s desperate to get back into management. Can’t see him getting a prem job so maybe this would seem an interesting project for him. Does well and gets his name back out there

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not for one minute did I even consider Lampard , but TBF I didn't think Lansdown would get Pearson so shows what I know.

It is the sort of appointment Steve and Jon would love , but I'm not sure how Lamps would cope being fed players by BT. 

Loaned Tomori, Mount, Reece James and maybe others I’ve forgotten. 

Lampard has a history of using youth players, but unsure if that was his choice or the circumstances he was in with Derby and Chelsea (transfer ban era).

45 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

I think he could be exactly what we need young and has experience,knows the young men in the game , would imagine he’d want his teams on front foot as Tinman said and plenty of contacts for the loan market 

And what about his career makes you think he can improve our team? 

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As i said before, they got to the play offs  the season before. Players like mason mount and he couldn’t improve them 

Some sobering thoughts....

Lampard might be the sort of manager to help attract investement?

What if the infamous "nest egg" was not to be saved, but was actually to be handed to the next manager with a view to having another push towards PL (with a few more restarints than LJ/MA days)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Lampard has one play off final with a bucket load of failure. 

Gets Steve’s vote!

Thought he didn’t do too bad with chelsea first time considering they was under an embargo. Everton have been a sh*tshow for years now. Derby was his first job in management. 
I know it’s probably not the best appointment but maybe it could work 

Edited by Finley_Smith10
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Lampard has a history of using youth players, but unsure if that was his choice or the circumstances he was in with Derby and Chelsea (transfer ban era).

I seem to remember one of the main reasons he was appointed at Chelsea was to work with the kids during the ban. 
Don't remember any restrictions at Derby.

14 minutes ago, Riaz said:

As i said before, they got to the play offs  the season before. Players like mason mount and he couldn’t improve them 

Ahh forgot Rowett the year before.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I seem to remember one of the main reasons he was appointed at Chelsea was to work with the kids during the ban. 
Don't remember any restrictions at Derby.

Ahh forgot Rowett the year before.

Lampard took Derby to play off final defeat by Villa in 2018/19 with Mason Mount, Tomori and Harry Wilson. Overturned a home defeat by Leeds in the semi, with Jack Marriott scoring.

37 minutes ago, Rocky said:

No he didn’t.

Reece James was loaned from Chelsea to Wigan, and was magnificent against City.

He did loan Harry Wilson, though.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He's generally not rated that highly by fans of other clubs if you look around either.

Stoke and Birmingham forums or some others on didn't think he had made any great impact on here.

A poll by that podcast with Dilks and Peach had a poll on Pearson and made for interesting reading. Presumably a cross section of fans across clubs.

Screenshot_20231101-185624_Chrome.thumb.jpg.365c56da88b830ee3e6504e36503f0f2.jpg

only 878 votes though

Tbf to him, that chelsea side which won the champions league was all his. Tuchel did well to win it of course but think he’d of got them that trophy as well. He’s a pretty decent coach, just never deserved a job as big as Chelsea that soon, we all know why he got it. The Everton job would make anyone look average, manager graevyard ever since Moyes left. This is the sort of job he needs now. Security of a solid championship team who he can build with. Certainly puts us in the limelight more for players and coverage too. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1