IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

4 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Meets the club at 11am today. That has come from a very good friend of his. HE WILL be our manager by the end of tomorrow Friday. He will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday to watch the team. I don't care if people want to dismiss what I've said, but my friend is someone who has known Frank since they were both at West Ham in the mid 90s and Frank has openly told him since Sunday afternoon, he wants this job. He sees us as an under achieving team who should be in the Premier League. 

The posted above who said his agent met the club, that is not true in the slightest. Frank technically doesn't have an agent, he has a business manager, and financial consultant, but neither of those get involved in football related matters. He approached a member of our staff, and he was put in touch with someone. He spent 2 hours on the phone with them on Monday, saying why he wanted the job, and made it clear, he is serious about taking Bristol City to the Premier League.

Since then, he has been sorting out personal matters and meets the club today, but he wants the job. Also, I've read that people are saying Jody Morris will come with him, he won't. As said on the other thread the other day, Michael Johnson, the England Under 18 coach will be coming with him, as his assistant, not Jody. Frank is heavily impressed by our academy and youth development and thinks that he and Johnson can help progress a number of youngsters and take the club forward.

Call out all you want, say what you want, and if I am wrong I am wrong, but I won't be. Since Frank got in touch, the club turned their attentions away from Eustace and Rowett and feel that Lampard matches the clubs ambition and remit. 

I will say it one final time, and wont be posting again until he is announced as manager, which means if he isn't, I wont post again full stop. Frank Lampard will be our new manager, he is expected to sign a deal today and it will be announced tomorrow, and he will be at the game on Saturday. Michael Johnson will assist him. 

I'm sitting here in suspenders to see what transpires.

2 minutes ago, Hello Dave said:

You’ve already said that he took Derby to the play off final, but then belittled that feat by saying they were in the play offs the year before. Just because they were top 6 one year, doesn’t give them a devine right to be there the next. So I would say he did well at Derby

Point is. Derby already had a good team. Lampard had the luxury of bringing players such as mason mount and tomori... and didnt acheive anything more.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

I mean add the laughing emoji but he worked within a tiny budget, he made no big signings, was forced to sell a key asset at the worst time possible and wasn't allowed to spend to replace. The man literally kept us competitive whilst being given nothing to work with, almost every fan with any knowledge of our time under him and an ounce of common sence will accept that. 

Given nothing to work with? How many players has he signed since he took over? How many times has he uttered “we won’t sign players that don’t improve the on what we already got”?

How many of his signings started against Cardiff, with Conway and Yeboah on the bench admittedly not a deep bench, but the starters should have been good enough to get something from the game.

Look at it from a big picture pov and see what he’s done since he’s come here. Not to mention the boring and slow style of football that’s been played.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 5

1 minute ago, Hello Dave said:

You’ve already said that he took Derby to the play off final, but then belittled that feat by saying they were in the play offs the year before. Just because they were top 6 one year, doesn’t give them a devine right to be there the next. So I would say he did well at Derby.

You said he was lucky in his first spell at Chelsea., because he had a great academy to choose from. How many Chelsea managers have used that academy ( yes I know he was under a transfer embargo). Players like Mount, James, Abraham any other young players, blossomed under his management. To get 3rd in the league and to  the FA Cup Final, after losing your best player and bringing through the kids, to me , is a success.

I could understand the logic in his second spell ( if they were gonna get rid of Potter, which was pointless), if they couldn’t get Pottechino at that time, then give it to a safe pair of hands. Unfortunately, the rot had already set in in the dressing room.

Everton, we’ll none did well there!

Hes just as credible an appointment as anyone else that’s supposedly in the frame.

Agreed, plus the added to draw that he's Frank Lampard, which will no doubt attract players we may want to sign over going to another club.  

I would prefer an up and coming manager from Europe personally, a lack of Champ experience is not a blocker, plenty of managers come from Europe and do well, and plenty of managers with Champ experience don't do well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Henry said:

You do realise you don’t automatically stay in the same position just because you finished there the year before? 

Other than a good start to his chelsea career... can you show me where he's actually improved a team?

He's living off his name. We need to avoid.

6 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

What managers on our list haven't "failed" before, why can't he become a good manager  Holloway is a shit manager yet he done well with Blackpool. It could be a perfect fit, me you or anyone else does not know that but to simply write it off like you definitely know he will fail is mad

Point is, all he's done is failed and theres a lack of anything impressive in his career.

If his name wasnt frank lampard - we wouldnt be talking about him.

As far as Lampard goes...

It's a legitmate opinion to say he underachieved at Derby, bearing in mind the players that he had and the fact that Derby were living well beyond their FFP means, but as a rookie manager he made the crapshoot that is the play off final and lost to Aston Villa, who were an absolute basket case for much of their time in the 2nd tier but were just about getting it together and with the advantages they had, couldn't have been a complete shock.

His first season at Chelsea was largely a success, I would say, as a fairly disinterested observer. Given no money, I think they may have been under embargo, so was forced to use the Chelsea academy prospects. The start of the second season, with some fairly hefty spending, I am pretty sure he had them top after the first couple of months but then the wheels well and truly fell off and it's fair to say, he didn't appear to have the skill/gravitas or whatever you want to call it, to turn it around, including reports of rifts over transfer policy and falling out with players.

Everton were a mess and had been for years, they over spent with Ancelotti and were paying the price. I don't really hold his failure there against him.

He went back to Chelsea where he achieved 1 win in 11 games as caretaker. Chelsea had an overrated, unbalanced and mercenary squad (still do, IMO) and I suspect the issues that he left the club with just a couple of years before were still relevant. 

I suppose, what I'm saying is I suspect he could be a success in the right place. I suspect it won't be here, but then I would say that about anyone coming here now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Point is. Derby already had a good team. Lampard had the luxury of bringing players such as mason mount and tomori... and didnt acheive anything more.

Please refer to my post last night on page 10. 
Derby did have a decent team. But they lost their strike force (Vydra, Jerome, Weimann), a stalwart midfielder (Ledley) and a reliable full back (Baird). 
It wasn’t a straight forward matter that they’d finish in the same position the next year. 
You also put a lot of impetus on the Mount & Tomori signings. They were 19 and were new to this level of football. Good players, yes. But still virgins at this level. I assume that us having Scott & Semenyo last year means we should have made the playoffs, because clearly 2 premier league players should make all the difference? 

Anyway, it’s not gonna be Lampard. I know someone who has applied for the job who has worked here before. And I think it might be him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Lampard is well spoken and had a GCSE in Latin. Go around any office and you will find many people far sharper than Frank. He seems like a nice bloke but he is not exactly a PhD brainbox.

I know alot of PHD holders who are also as stupid as two short planks.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

2 and a half years. Cut the age budget and we are looking up the table as opposed to when he come in.

So no. Harshly sacked.

When are people going to understand that Pearson didn’t cut the wage budget. It was something that had to be done and it was done by the board and SL.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 7

23 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't think Lampard will happen, because if the owner doesn’t want to release funds to ensure we have two experienced goalkeepers at the club, he probably won't want to release funds to pay a Lampard-sized salary to his manager (don't think Lamps would accept being "head coach"). 

On the contrary, given Lansdowns form over the year and his flip/flop strategy, i can see him playing the reverse Uno card and giving money to a big name coach who has seduced him. That would be so Lansdown. 

I reckon all this is pure fantasy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Derby did have a decent team. But they lost their strike force (Vydra, Jerome, Weimann), a stalwart midfielder (Ledley) and a reliable full back (Baird). 
It wasn’t a straight forward matter that they’d finish in the same position the next year. 
You also put a lot of impetus on the Mount & Tomori signings. They were 19 and were new to this level of football. Good players, yes. But still virgins at this level. I assume that us having Scott & Semenyo last year means we should have made the playoffs, because clearly 2 premier league players should make all the difference? 

Anyway, it’s not gonna be Lampard. I know someone who has applied for the job who has worked here before. And I think it might be him. 

You’re not saying because you’re worried about @Fordy62’s health, right?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Not one journalist running it as a story that I have seen - have I missed any? If I haven’t , unlikely this is that close?

Someone at ITV Westcountry Tweeted about it, but it might just be because of the rumour, rather than having any evidence himself.

If the ITK'ers on here don't think it's happening then I'd be inclined to go with that.

7 minutes ago, Riaz said:

So he didn’t need to manage them then? Just sit in a chair and watch them play, piece of piss this management lark! Also, other teams in the league didn’t get better? How many times have we seen teams at the top one year, and nowhere near the next?

Just now, UncleRed said:

When are people going to understand that Pearson didn’t cut the wage budget. It was something that had to be done and it was done by the board and SL.

Whether he did it or the board did it - he was the manager whilst there was massive cuts being made.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Must be Williams? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Rhymes with Reev Motterill

• Haha 2

• Admin
4 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Meets the club at 11am today. That has come from a very good friend of his. HE WILL be our manager by the end of tomorrow Friday. He will be at Ashton Gate on Saturday to watch the team. I don't care if people want to dismiss what I've said, but my friend is someone who has known Frank since they were both at West Ham in the mid 90s and Frank has openly told him since Sunday afternoon, he wants this job. He sees us as an under achieving team who should be in the Premier League. 

I assume that you realise what you have written above is word for word from a tweet from an account by a Leicester fan with less than 600 followers on X

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not a job for Cotts surely?

21 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

Given nothing to work with? How many players has he signed since he took over? How many times has he uttered “we won’t sign players that don’t improve the on what we already got”?

And how much did he spend on those players and how much did he have to get rid of to get said players. He had to create enough budget to be able to make any signings. He also reduced the wages bill in the time he was here, it never once increased over the number he started with and it ended up considerably lower. 

He increased our financial position by getting rid of overpaid players that weren't doing anything for us. He then took that pitiful amount he freed up and signed players for small amounts or frees and on lesser wages. That is not being given plenty to work with, it's exactly what I said, being given nothing to work with. He wanted a new player, he had to get rid of some, he wanted to spend money on a player, he had to save enough money from selling or cutting wages to be able to do so. 

How many of his signings started against Cardiff, with Conway and Yeboah on the bench admittedly not a deep bench, but the starters should have been good enough to get something from the game.

If you genuinely believe that we should of got something against Cardiff with 12 players out injured and Cardiff in promotion form, at their ground you're deluded. Could we have got something? Maybe, but only because that bare boned team that started, including 4 players out of position because of how desperate we were and a 17 year old making his debut, all worked their fingers to the bone for their manager. The only reason we were ever in that game was because the players wanted to play for the manager. 

We've fielded much better line ups against Cardiff in the past and still lost, teams that were far better than Cardiffs line ups, the difference is we had an outside chance, despite all the players out, because Nigel created a squad that were fighters. The fact that you even think we should have got something is a testiment to what Nigel created and how accustomed we've become to seeing players giving their all when they're down. 

Look at it from a big picture pov and see what he’s done since he’s come here. Not to mention the boring and slow style of football that’s been played.

He's increased our points per season every season, he's taken a squad full of insanely overpaid players and got rid of them and replaced with much cheaper paid but harder working players. He's brought in players like Sykes who was mocked when he first started and when he finally got the opportunity to play him where he wanted him he's gone on to be one of our most exciting players. He's brought numerous young talents through and developed them into first team players, he's done all that without costing the club a penny, in fact actually saving them money... I could go on and on about all the positives he's done, instilling a culture of players wanting to play for him, wanting to win, refusing to accept they're not as good as the top teams but the most important one was he got the fans on the same page, he got them behind him and the team and he's only been gone a few days and look at the forums, we're all at each others throats, couldn't agree on the colour of shit right now. 

You may not rate him but in a few managers time I think we'll really see how good he was. 

Edited by Spike
  • Like 10
  • Flames 1