IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

who exactly is 'they'??? This is a well developed forum for sharing views on Bristol City - supportive or critical. It's developed over years. What's new is a flood of recently activated accounts, all with WUM tendencies.

Plenty of us are not new, i'd be surprised if any were childish enough to join up just to wind you up, unless they are gas of course 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Please refer to my post last night on page 10. 
Derby did have a decent team. But they lost their strike force (Vydra, Jerome, Weimann), a stalwart midfielder (Ledley) and a reliable full back (Baird). 
It wasn’t a straight forward matter that they’d finish in the same position the next year. 
You also put a lot of impetus on the Mount & Tomori signings. They were 19 and were new to this level of football. Good players, yes. But still virgins at this level. I assume that us having Scott & Semenyo last year means we should have made the playoffs, because clearly 2 premier league players should make all the difference? 

Anyway, it’s not gonna be Lampard. I know someone who has applied for the job who has worked here before. And I think it might be him. 

Williams?! 

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nobody has forced you to join this forum, which you’ve spent much of this morning disparaging. Or have they?

Not been active on this website for long, but what I can gather is if you don’t agree with the majority, right or wrong. Then you are “disparaging” or on a wind up. Open mind please people.

Edit: proven by post below

Edited by UncleRed
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Plenty of us are not new, i'd be surprised if any were childish enough to join up just to wind you up, unless they are gas of course 

No one is winding me up - life is too short for that! I'm merely, as an OTIB supporter of many years standing, noting that a large number of accounts with a tiny volume of posts, many created years ago, have suddenly started posting, all with the same opinions. Seems odd to me, or not really odd...its obvious what is happening.

EDIT: One appears immediately above this post!

Edited by Red Exile
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Reading here seems quite a good chance that FL will be the new 'Head coach' or 'Manager'...  especially from the poster few pages back who really seems ITK re the friend of FL😀 We shall see on this.

He has played at the highest level, he has worked with managers at the highest levels and if you cannot draw experience from that then we are all doomed. I was a great fan of NP and still very p1ssed off at his departure, but the king is dead, long live the king !

Re this Head coach v Manager.  Some time earlier this year at a senior Robins lunch down the Gate,  Steve Lansdown was guest speaker.  As always came across very well.  I actually asked him when he was on the floor, taking  questions, why NP was a manager and the previous incumbents were Head Coaches.... what was the difference.  He actually replied to effect.. None and he was not bothered what they called themselves, all a bit strange and I was none the wiser 😀

So will FL (or who ever) be the HC or the manager, and TBH seems irrelevant.   

The friend is this thing

IMG_3413.jpeg

Edited by Winston

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

No one is winding me up - life is too short for that! I'm merely, as an OTIB supporter of many years standing, noting that a large number of accounts with a tiny volume of posts, many created years ago, have suddenly started posting, all with the same opinions. Seems odd to me, or not really odd...its obvious what its happening.

EDIT: One appears immediately above this post!

What’s happening?

12 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Of the £15m spent in 11/12 - £12m was spent by Sven.

So net £3m spent by NP, three players were released on highly paid terms the same month in an attempt to balance the expenditure.

12/13 he sold Mills for £2m, Bamba Undisclosed (thought to be £800k), Peltier Undisclosed (thought to be £500k)

Signed de Laet, James, Vardy, Knoackaert all for £1m apiece, Wood undisclosed but suggested fee is £1m, so all told a net spend of £1.7m.

I.e. total is a net spend of circa £4.2m.

In regards to wages NP was working to reduce them in his time there, but they had high earners they couldn't shift including the likes of Gallagher, St. Ledger, Beckford, Danns, and Wellens who were all loaned out.

I'm not going to deny Leicester were not high spending, especially with regards to salaries which is still applicable. But suggesting the false context above (that NP spent the whole £15m, which he did not) diminishes what NP did to an unreasonable extent. You can ask Leicester fans how he sorted them back out in his second spell. There's a reason he's so respected there. Otherwise he'd have less respect for what he achieved similar to Parker with Fulham for example.

So the bulk of his successful side was in place for him like Ranieri’s was for him? Thank you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hinsleburg said:

If anybody ever needed to know the power of OTIB...

This thread has prompted people to bet on Lampard, hence then dropping the odds. Dropping the odds has caused all the pretend ITK Twitter accounts to start tweeting which further drops the odds as people lump on more.

In a weird sort of paradox, this then comes back to OTIB with more and more people starting to believe it simply due to the thread now being 20 pages and more people tweeting, even though there's no subtance to any of this.

It's now at the point in the cycle where people start to go 'maybe there is something in this' and it then gains more credibility before at 2pm Bristol Live confirm it's not happening.

So with that in mind, for now, Welcome Frank...

Isn’t that similar to how all conspiracy theories work? It becomes self-fulfilling, by going round and round various platforms and outlets in a mad form of feedback loop?

The reality is very few people really know what’s happening, and if it involves trying to second guess some of the people involved in any appointment, good luck on that one, because I’m not sure they really know what they are looking for, or how to find it!

8 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

If anybody ever needed to know the power of OTIB...

This thread has prompted people to bet on Lampard, hence then dropping the odds. Dropping the odds has caused all the pretend ITK Twitter accounts to start tweeting which further drops the odds as people lump on more.

In a weird sort of paradox, this then comes back to OTIB with more and more people starting to believe it simply due to the thread now being 20 pages and more people tweeting, even though there's no subtance to any of this.

It's now at the point in the cycle where people start to go 'maybe there is something in this' and it then gains more credibility before at 2pm Bristol Live confirm it's not happening.

So with that in mind, for now, Welcome Frank...

"It's the circle of shite, it's the wheel of nonsense....."

If you go in the sports bar for the early or late kick off, you'll see that we have quite a lot of fans that have premier league clubs as their 'second' teams. 

So it's difficult to read through all the negative comments and decipher if they are genuinely because people don't want him as our head coach on his ability, or if they don't want him as our head coach because of the rivalries they have with Chelsea..

38 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

"Can you give us an example of when you worked as part of team? By Team we mean having another guy telling you the style of football he wants you to play, using the players he wants you to use?"

"Can you give us an example of a time when you were undermined by the club owner, and tell us how you accepted it and did as you were told?"

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

I have not read through all the pages so apologies if already covered.

My view is that Lampard / Johnson (unfortunate name!) would be a better option than the likes of Eustace/Rowett/Jones. 

I don't see Lampard taking interference from Tins, or the Lansdowns for one. Also, his profile will raise our profile (even if we start getting referred to as FLBC).

So as much as I'm still appalled by the decision to sack Pearson, I'd be content to give FL a chance to prove himself.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

So the bulk of his successful side was in place for him like Ranieri’s was for him? Thank you

Can't tell if you're trolling, ignorant, ill informed or genuinely that stupid.

He got rid of 22 players and signed 14. In the space of 18 months with a net spend of £4-5m, removed a toxic culture, and won the League.

It was not "in place for him like Raneiri's was", the only players in the first team that won the League that were at the club under Sven before Pearson's return were Schmiechel, Konchesky, King, and Nugent. *And Wes Morgan - dating on the season overview for when he joined in my resource was wrong.

Sorry to everyone else for derailing this thread.

Edited by Fuber
Forgot Wes Morgan.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

The best club manager   of recent times................Guardiola?  And Zidane, Trapatonni, Deschamps, Capello, and as someone mentioned already Dalgleish. But apart  from one of the greats Jock Stein (The only manager to win a European Cup with a team made up of players all from their home city?)  No other Brits of any consequence I can think of?     Going back a fair bit?  Alf Ramsey  Ha!

Bill Shankley and Joe Fagan at Liverpool. Matt Busby and Alex Ferguson at Man Utd. 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, One Team said:

That’s how I read it too. I thought it was all bullshit as well until I read the latest post. If it’s a wind up it’s an elaborate one!

It's called doubling down.

Then, when we appoint some bloke from League 1, they'll just carry on posting under a new username.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, astrondrew said:

I suppose it would open up the loan market from top Prem club(s) and he has taken a club into the playoffs before. Not shining at Chelsea or Everton, for different reasons, is not too black a mark.

We can't afford them.

We've slashed our wage bill, put a cap on it, and now pay less than some of the bigger League 1 teams I shouldn't wonder. 

What's Frankie going to make of that?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

The great Brian Clough ???

He's rightly remembered as a great manager.

However, it's often forgotten ( especially by those that think football only began in 1992!) that without his career ending injury at only 29, Clough would probably have become one of this countries greatest ever goal scorers.

At the time he retired from playing he had scored over 250 goals in around 270 games, but had only 2 England caps!

• Like 3

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

We can't afford them.

We've slashed our wage bill, put a cap on it, and now pay less than some of the bigger League 1 teams I shouldn't wonder. 

What's Frankie going to make of that?

Watch our wage cap vanish quicker than Nigel.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1