IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I don’t know why I should believe what JL said earlier after what’s gone on, but didn’t he pretty much rule this out?

Something along the lines of…

“What we are after is nowhere to be seen on the list of betting”

He might have said that, i couldn’t watch it all, bloomin painful watch. But maybe you would say that if you want to put other clubs off the scent as he would be a big draw exposure wise at least 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW I don’t care who we appoint…but I’d quite like City to have a bit of profile.  I do get cheesed off and the winkathon other clubs get from Sky.  I’d like us to for once.

Based on Jon's reply to the question I'm not sure if we will go down the Lampard route. 

However for me, it's the appointment I'd favour the most, well other than reappointing Nige which ain't going to happen. 

I'm not sure if Lampard could take us up, but then I don't think a Manning would either. At worst under Lampard we'd stand still. I don't think their would be any risk of relegation. I'm not sure I can say that about the likes of Manning. 

Lampard coming in would be a huge lift to the squad, because of who he is. 

Our profile will instantly get raised. As it stands, we barely get spoken about in the national media and have the min amount of games on Sky. 

Over night that will change with Frank. 

So on that basis I'd not be too annoyed with him being appointed.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nugget said:

He might have said that, i couldn’t watch it all, bloomin painful watch. But maybe you would say that if you want to put other clubs off the scent as he would be a big draw exposure wise at least 

I didn’t hear it that way, if think JL said the names on the betting sites do t really reflect who they have/will speak to. Which could mean anything really! 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW I don’t care who we appoint…but I’d quite like City to have a bit of profile.  I do get cheesed off and the winkathon other clubs get from Sky.  I’d like us to for once.

I agree…. Profile would help us and might even help us get some momentum going for a proper tilt at success. 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah I get that. I’ve been asked a few times by mates who I’d want, and for some reason this time round I just don’t really have an opinion on who as long as it isn’t Nathan Jones. 

Wouldn’t have minded a coach coming in from abroad to see something a bit different but not that arsed either way. 

I get your point regarding Lampard, but will equally piss some of our fans off being referred to as FLBC but then at least we are being spoken about as you say. 

• Like 1

I don't tend to think Frank Lampard will be our next boss but I find it somewhat odd that for a couple of days now he has been the overwhelming, odds on favourite on the betting markets yet neither Lampard himself or the Lansdowns have denied it. 

Surely, all Frank has to do is issue a brief statement to the effect that he has no interest. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Any idea why @bcfcshags has been removed from the forum? Does the club have a say so in what goes on, on here?

He’s just let me know that he believes Lampard will be announced Monday. 

Then it’s done in my eyes. No cause to doubt Shags. Interesting appointment, we’ll be on Sky a lot more!

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I don't tend to think Frank Lampard will be our next boss but I find it somewhat odd that for a couple of days now he has been the overwhelming, odds on favourite on the betting markets yet neither Lampard himself or the Lansdowns have denied it. 

Surely, all Frank has to do is issue a brief statement to the effect that he has no interest. 

Why would he feel the need to do that? It’s not his fault that the news is the way it is. He also has no social media. 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2023 at 14:33, Red-Robbo said:

Holden was a rookie, apart from a few months as a caretaker manager at Oldham, but Wade crashed and burned in his first job at Cheltenham. They were under him and still are truly woeful, but at least dog botherer has won a couple of matches since taking over. 

Did he not actually do an incredible job with Cheltenham last season? And how shit they are now is just them performing at about their actual level? Seen nothing other then highlights so not going to stake anything on this other then he seemed to do really well last season with a pretty terrible squad and now they are just pretty terrible. 

• Like 1