IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

5 minutes ago, Slack said:

Struggling to make a pros and cons list on this one 

Same. Raising the profile of the football club is about the only thing i can think of.

I just can’t see Lampard coming here and doing well for some reason, everything just screams that it just wouldn’t work out..

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, extonsred said:

The only way I would accept this would be if on a modest salary with big bonus if promoted...how much faith does he have in his own abilities to get us promoted. 

No way long v expensive contract..want to be able to get rid of if he isn't successful.

He’s minted and has failed everywhere so he should be cheap as chips 

• Like 1

Can i just shock you all, I have actually always dreamed of supporting a club thats full name is “famous ex pro’s & former childhood hero’s Bristol City”. And I’ve always loved our games being moved to be live on Sky, especially every other weekend. 

This is like a Black Mirror episode 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

My view (for what it's worth), is that it's a bit of a last throw of the dice by the Lansdowns to win back some of the fanbase.

Potentially tricky player management on the horizon, if Lampard (if indeed he is confirmed) trys to bring in PL loans on decent wages in Jan.

A large number of the players have signed new contracts probably based on the premise of the club's austerity.

If that goes out the window, then some difficult conversations potentially might need to be had.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Awaiting Bristol Live 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

A bloke who gets job after job because he was a good player?

Might as well appoint John Barnes. 

I'm not trying to have an argument with you here, but just interested in why a championship playoff final, 4th place finish with Chelsea and a premier league manager of the season nomination wouldn't make you a tiny bit interested? 

What's your reasoning in thinking that he couldn't do a job here? 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

A bloke who gets job after job because he was a good player?

Might as well appoint John Barnes. 

Tbf last time he managed in this division he got Derby into the play offs. When he left them they rapidly went downhill.

In the Prem he got Chelsea into the Champions League despite a transfer embargo. Plus he kept Everton in the Prem. Okay it's not brilliant but the majority of his management career has been in the top flight and there are plenty of great managers at Championship level who are found wanting in the top flight. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, One Team said:

Is it Lansdown’s way of taking the eye of Sauron off him and with the media circus that Lampard would bring, onto him?

Makes the club an easier sale provided the results are decent. Maybe there is a new investor in the wings if this has legs.

Edited by Sleepy1968

7 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

My view (for what it's worth), is that it's a bit of a last throw of the dice by the Lansdowns to win back some of the fanbase.

Potentially tricky player management on the horizon, if Lampard (if indeed he is confirmed) trys to bring in PL loans on decent wages in Jan.

A large number of the players have signed new contracts probably based on the premise of the club's austerity.

If that goes out the window, then some difficult conversations potentially might need to be had.

Thinks it’s a last throw of the dice full stop. If true , Lampard will increase the clubs profile. However, Lampard has to succeed at his next appointment , can only see a difference in approach to what Tinnion and Lansdown jnr have spoken about, guess we may see the nest egg crack open 

• Like 1