IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

You’ve made some pretty big assumptions there that rely on basic levels of competence from the decision makers at BCFC. 

As pleased as they are with themselves that they now have an actual plan, and are keen to tell the world, I have absolutely zero confidence,( backed by 20+ years of proof) that they wouldn’t actually end up paying more than they can afford, nor do the due diligence necessary. 

And with all of it, undo everything Nige has created. 

Those of you able to see the benefits of Lampard, then good for you. Am genuinely jealous of your lasting optimism around any decision this club makes. 

Well, you've made the assumption that I am A). A FL fan, and B). A fan of the board/decision makers at BCFC.
I am neither actually!
My observations are based purely on what SHOULD happen. I actually have no faith in what WILL happen!
Anyone who applies deserves consideration if they're qualified and suitable. Let's be honest, our criteria for assessing applicants has previously been found wanting and I've no confidence it'll be any better this time.
That said, we're all hopeful the next incumbent will kick us on, so if it was FL then so be it.

• Like 1

Can he actually be worse than all the others.

I have been watching for 40 years plus and only once have we even got close to top flight football.

Maybe he is actually what we need to make the next step.

Hopefully the L’s will be blinded by him and the loosen the purse strings and get a load of Prem loans.

He has to be successful or this could be his last job.

As much as I loved Nige the board for what ever reason were never going to back him.

Yes I know he is a massive risk and if it was not the ‘name’ he is he would not even be considered. 

The media will love him if he gets a bit of success and that could be good for him and the club.

Do you want to sign for Frank Lampard or Liam Manning? 

it’s a massive gamble but we have been asking the club to gamble for years - maybe they just have…

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Regarding Jon’s interview this morning. I can’t see where he dismissed Lampard. 
When the name was mentioned it was the only time in a 45 minute interview where Jon got all sweaty and shifty - he touches his face a number of times, his shifts his feet, he looks to the left a few times - these are all red flags when it comes to body language and mistruths. 

He didn’t dismiss Lampard as an option, but merely said “I was surprised at the list of names when it came out”. 

When the bookies odds first came out, I can’t recall exactly but I don’t think Lampard anywhere on that first list. It was Eustace, Rowett, Cotterill, Jones and a host of others.  I don’t recall Lampard on the bookies list until about Tuesday. 

So Jon was showing signs of not giving the truth in the interview and Lampard wasn’t on that initial list to which he referred. 

Thats my 2+2 = 5 anyway 🤣

R mate Roy seems to think it's a goer, but he's an alien. 

48 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Honestly I cannot imagine a more nightmare scenario than this could be. Ok, maybe Barton, but I’d defo rather have even Nathan Jones. 

Derby in play off final

average to reasonable season with Chelsea

bombed at Everton

bombed at Chelsea

versus

very good at Luton

bombed at Stoke

good at Luton

bombed at Southampton

not saying Lampard is an amazing choice but Eff me, better than that Welsh so & so

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Can he actually be worse than all the others.

I have been watching for 40 years plus and only once have we even got close to top flight football.

Maybe he is actually what we need to make the next step.

Hopefully the L’s will be blinded by him and the loosen the purse strings and get a load of Prem loans.

He has to be successful or this could be his last job.

As much as I loved Nige the board for what ever reason were never going to back him.

Yes I know he is a massive risk and if it was not the ‘name’ he is he would not even be considered. 

The media will love him if he gets a bit of success and that could be good for him and the club.

Do you want to sign for Frank Lampard or Liam Manning? 

it’s a massive gamble but we have been asking the club to gamble for years - maybe they just have…

I wouldn't be against him either. His previous clubs haven't exactly been stable so maybe his luck and record will change here. 

We'd get a lot more coverage from the media which a lot of fans always moan about us not getting, tbh I'm not fussed. 

Plus he's be a big pull for players either permanent or loan which in that case will have good contacts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, devoncider said:

Derby in play off final

average to reasonable season with Chelsea

bombed at Everton

bombed at Chelsea

versus

very good at Luton

bombed at Stoke

good at Luton

bombed at Southampton

not saying Lampard is an amazing choice but Eff me, better than that Welsh so & so

Under an embargo at chelsea first season, second spell at Chelsea was always going to be difficult, they were awful last season. Everton have been struggling for years. Very good loan signings with derby and missed out promotion by a goal. I’m sure every city fan would be happy if some good premier league loans/signings came in and got us into the play offs. He’s obviously been told he’s going to be backed otherwise I doubt he’d come here. 

• Like 1

I’m crediting Jon Lansdown with more intelligence than he has (ie I’m crediting him with “some”) but the way to diffuse a toxic environment that is expected tomorrow is to announce the new manager on the day of the game. And enough people will be drawn in by the “name” of Lampard to overlook the pretty bang average to poor managerial record and diffuse the situation in part.

But by God, it’s not a decision I can get behind considering the likely financial juxtaposition to what Nige was given and Franks fairly uninspiring record.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Evening;

I said I wouldn't post until he was announced, but I have to raise my head and say, I'm a bit annoyed with the stance the post made, saying that Lampard was not currently under consideration.

I will say, I'm not Roy the bloody alien though! I do think his posts re Lampard have been after my thread on Monday am, where I said that he wanted the job. His post yesterday am, was around 4 hours after what I posted on here, and he copied it. He also said in a tweet Jody Morris would join him, then deleted that tweet and posted later about Michael Johnson.

I felt embarrassed to be blunt yesterday. I was working doing a VIP experience in my field of work yesterday when I saw the post report (How I know my contact who is friends with Frank, I arranged a VIP day for the blokes family and I've done a few days for his family and friends and we talk a lot, as I've been trying to get help from him on other matters).  No, he hasn't discussed matters with me because he knows I'm a City fan, but because we are close mates.

I'm reluctant to say too much, but this is not dead in the water is all I'm gonna say, and the club have not been truthful.

I have been told, and I'll be 100% straight on this.

Lampard contacted the club on Monday through a member of the staffing team to express his interest. (The club in the post report said he was not currently under consideration, and they hadn't contacted him. I feel this was to play down speculation, and may have been their stance, the approach came from Lampard).

On Tuesday, Lampard was told to apply for the job, if he was interested.

On Wednesday, Lampard had arranged to meet the club.

Yesterday, he did not meet the club. I was told he was due to meet the club at 11am, but the club cancelled this meeting, as they informed him, that they believed they would be able to approach their first choice.

Last night, Lampard was informed that the clubs first choice, declined the approach from the club and had no interest in joining Bristol City.

That was the last I heard. 

I have asked my friend, if he had heard anything, as there is rumours he was at the HPC today. I have been told that he hadn't spoken to Lampard since last night, when he said, that Lampard told him, that City's first choice had snubbed the club, and that he had applied, but was disappointed that his meeting with the club had been cancelled.

That's all I know,

On Tuesday / Wednesday, from what I was told, I was 100% confident he would be our manager. Lampard wants the job, that I do know. Maybe the club don't want him, maybe the club have been rejected by people they wanted, that maybe now they would rather someone who wants the job, and is keen to work with talented youth.

Quite frankly, I know sod all about events of today, but I do know, Lampard has openly said to a good friend of his and a friend / very big client of mine, that he wants the job. 

I've not made anything up, and quite frankly, I wish I never posted in the first place, given the abuse I've received on this thread. I was only passing on, what I had been told, and I have my own mental health issues, that reading stuff and being ridiculed, has made my feel really Carp tbh.

I decided to post, as I just wanted to put out there, what I was told, what I trusted and what I believed / expected to happen based on what I have been told, by someone who wouldn't mess about, or get a kick out of stuff like this. 

I'm not someone to gloat, or shout in the know, and as for being outed as a gashead, behave..... I've supported City all my life, rarely get to go to games, because my business takes up all my time, and my mental health is often fragile.

I try to contribute to the forum as and when I can on a number of threads, and was happy to pass on insight, in good faith.

Take care everyone, and I hope we get 3 points tomorrow.

I'm gonna take a break from the forum for a while. 

If Lampard is appointed, great, at least we will have a manager that wants to be here, and has belief in the club. If he isn't then good luck to whoever it is. I just hope Jon, Brian etc know what they are doing.

I watched the interview this morning, and the gentleman asking the questions just was a bit too cringy for my liking, and whilst it could have been very good, I would say the interviewer tried too hard to be Jon's mate, then do the task at hand. 

Oh The Drama GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Lampard has a point to prove I guess, or at any rate I think he could well be in last chance saloon for his managerial career.  

Personally given the names bandied about, he’d probably be my choice:

Raises the profile ✅

Great role model for the academy players ✅

Knows what it takes to be successful at an elite level ✅

There’s negatives for sure, and I don’t think he’s a realistic candidate, but it would be a statement. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Under an embargo at chelsea first season, second spell at Chelsea was always going to be difficult, they were awful last season. Everton have been struggling for years. Very good loan signings with derby and missed out promotion by a goal. I’m sure every city fan would be happy if some good premier league loans/signings came in and got us into the play offs. He’s obviously been told he’s going to be backed otherwise I doubt he’d come here. 

Derby under Lampard, made some enormous financial losses, their wage bill under Lampard was probably between £35-40m. I say probably as we don't have a definite as they never released their accounts for the year. However we can get a rough idea.

He did okay there. He did okay at Chelsea, nothing more nothing less IMO. Blooded some good youth and lost Hazard but their squad was IMO a top 4 standard.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Evening;

I said I wouldn't post until he was announced, but I have to raise my head and say, I'm a bit annoyed with the stance the post made, saying that Lampard was not currently under consideration.

I will say, I'm not Roy the bloody alien though! I do think his posts re Lampard have been after my thread on Monday am, where I said that he wanted the job. His post yesterday am, was around 4 hours after what I posted on here, and he copied it. He also said in a tweet Jody Morris would join him, then deleted that tweet and posted later about Michael Johnson.

I felt embarrassed to be blunt yesterday. I was working doing a VIP experience in my field of work yesterday when I saw the post report (How I know my contact who is friends with Frank, I arranged a VIP day for the blokes family and I've done a few days for his family and friends and we talk a lot, as I've been trying to get help from him on other matters).  No, he hasn't discussed matters with me because he knows I'm a City fan, but because we are close mates.

I'm reluctant to say too much, but this is not dead in the water is all I'm gonna say, and the club have not been truthful.

Lampard contacted the club on Monday through a member of the staffing team to express his interest. (The club in the post report said he was not currently under consideration, and they hadn't contacted him. I feel this was to play down speculation, and may have been their stance, the approach came from Lampard).

Yesterday, he did not meet the club. I was told he was due to meet the club at 11am, but the club cancelled this meeting, as they informed him, that they believed they would be able to approach their first choice.

Last night, Lampard was informed that the clubs first choice, declined the approach from the club and had no interest in joining Bristol City.

I have asked my friend, if he had heard anything, as there is rumours he was at the HPC today. I have been told that he hadn't spoken to Lampard since last night, when he said, that Lampard told him, that City's first choice had snubbed the club, and that he had applied, but was disappointed that his meeting with the club had been cancelled.

That's all I know,

On Tuesday / Wednesday, from what I was told, I was 100% confident he would be our manager. Lampard wants the job, that I do know. Maybe the club don't want him, maybe the club have been rejected by people they wanted, that maybe now they would rather someone who wants the job, and is keen to work with talented youth.

Quite frankly, I know sod all about events of today, but I do know, Lampard has openly said to a good friend of his and a friend / very big client of mine, that he wants the job. 

I've not made anything up, and quite frankly, I wish I never posted in the first place, given the abuse I've received on this thread. I was only passing on, what I had been told, and I have my own mental health issues, that reading stuff and being ridiculed, has made my feel really Carp tbh.

I decided to post, as I just wanted to put out there, what I was told, what I trusted and what I believed / expected to happen based on what I have been told, by someone who wouldn't mess about, or get a kick out of stuff like this. 

I'm not someone to gloat, or shout in the know, and as for being outed as a gashead, behave..... I've supported City all my life, rarely get to go to games, because my business takes up all my time, and my mental health is often fragile.

I try to contribute to the forum as and when I can on a number of threads, and was happy to pass on insight, in good faith.

If Lampard is appointed, great, at least we will have a manager that wants to be here, and has belief in the club. If he isn't then good luck to whoever it is. I just hope Jon, Brian etc know what they are doing.

I watched the interview this morning, and the gentleman asking the questions just was a bit too cringy for my liking, and whilst it could have been very good, I would say the interviewer tried too hard to be Jon's mate, then do the task at hand. 

Phew! Sounds like a lucky escape.

Appreciate you sharing and no offence but I do think you rather jumped the gun a bit with your initial posts being "100% done" - there's a major difference between someone wanting a job and being offered it. You clearly have knowledge from the Lampard side but nothing from the club side. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Evening;

That's all I know,

Fair play for coming back here and setting it straight. Wonder who our first choice was? Eustace? 

8 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Evening;

That's all I know,

Typical amateur from the board regarding canceling his meeting. Surely they'd know 100% if the 1st choice would be interested before pissing Lampard around 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Derby under Lampard, made some enormous financial losses, their wage bill under Lampard was probably between £35-40m. I say probably as we don't have a definite as they never released their accounts for the year. However we can get a rough idea.

He did okay there. He did okay at Chelsea, nothing more nothing less IMO. Blooded some good youth and lost Hazard but their squad was IMO a top 4 standard.

Understand that but Mel Morris was also  the chairman and obviously allowed that sort of wage structure. There was defo high earners there before he got there.

Im sure the lansdowns after hearing the interview are wary of not blowing the wage structure. I presume he’s probably been told he’ll be allowed some wriggle room to get a side strong enough to challenge. 
Also Lampard is defo a more exciting appointment than Manning/Eustace surely? 
Way more exposure and probably can attract way more higher quality players just due to the name

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Evening;

That's all I know,

If they approached their first choice and were snubbed that pretty much sums them up. No plan in place, sack Nige and um um um. 

Not doubting this fully….but I truly find it unimaginable that they would tell someone to their face that they arent their number 1 choice, and basically will you just stick around whilst we try and convince the other guy, and if we can’t we’ll come back to you. 

You’d just tell them where to stick the job. 

• Like 12

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m crediting Jon Lansdown with more intelligence than he has (ie I’m crediting him with “some”) but the way to diffuse a toxic environment that is expected tomorrow is to announce the new manager on the day of the game. And enough people will be drawn in by the “name” of Lampard to overlook the pretty bang average to poor managerial record and diffuse the situation in part.

But by God, it’s not a decision I can get behind considering the likely financial juxtaposition to what Nige was given and Franks fairly uninspiring record.

Your thinking is exactly as I am thinking.

I reckon the club misread the level of support for Pearson amongst supporters and was surprised by the backlash.

Their first choice then said he wasn’t interested following the insight provided in “The Response”

Fearing ugly scenes on Saturday, they are happy to appoint next week to get tomorrow out of the way.

But in case it has a chance of diluting tomorrow’s reaction, show their high profile second choice round the HPC today, knowing it’s like a sieve and the news will get out.

I guess our reaction to Pearson’s departure may have told SL that now is the time to use that nest egg.

9 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Firstly, please look after yourself. Secondly, thanks for the post.

How very Bristol City. Basically telling FL to do one after arranging a date, then finding out the girl we we after wasn't interested.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not doubting this fully….but I truly find it unimaginable that they would tell someone to their face that they arent their number 1 choice, and basically will you just stick around whilst we try and convince the other guy, and if we can’t we’ll come back to you. 

You’d just tell them where to stick the job. 

How long have you followed this club for? 😂

• Haha 9