IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

• Admin
1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Not doubting this fully….but I truly find it unimaginable that they would tell someone to their face that they arent their number 1 choice, and basically will you just stick around whilst we try and convince the other guy, and if we can’t we’ll come back to you. 

You’d just tell them where to stick the job. 

If they have any kind of tact they won’t have told FL in that way. Probably something like “Thank you for your enquiry Frank, we definitely have a level of interest in you but are currently already in talks with someone that are pretty far progressed. Can you give us a day or two and we’ll give your application every consideration”

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Understand that but Mel Morris was also  the chairman and obviously allowed that sort of wage structure. There was defo high earners there before he got there.

Im sure the lansdowns after hearing the interview are wary of not blowing the wage structure. I presume he’s probably been told he’ll be allowed some wriggle room to get a side strong enough to challenge. 
Also Lampard is defo a more exciting appointment than Manning/Eustace surely? 
Way more exposure and probably can attract way more higher quality players just due to the name

Oh that is true, Nottingham Forest fans did like to call him Mad Mel well before it all went wrong! :laugh:

Yes so long as we don't go OTT with it, not just for Lampard but for whoever.

I do concur on that point, but wouldn't mind us looking at Europe too.  One or two interesting Bundesliga names mentioned on here.

Of young managers I quite like the sound of Evatt at Bolton based on his strong work across 2 clubs, 3 divisions but he would lack pulling power I agree. He also likes to press high I think @Davefevs said so there is a reasonable tactical similarity.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh that is true, Nottingham Forest fans did like to call him Mad Mel well before it all went wrong! :laugh:

Yes so long as we don't go OTT with it, not just for Lampard but for whoever.

I do concur on that point, but wouldn't mind us looking at Europe too.  One or two interesting Bundesliga names mentioned on here.

Of young managers I quite like the sound of Evatt at Bolton based on his strong work across 2 clubs, 3 divisions but he would lack pulling power I agree. He also likes to press high I think @Davefevs said so there is a reasonable tactical similarity.

I guess we’ll see his tactics in due time 

I haven't involved myself In too much of this furore that has surrounded NPs dismissal but as an older supporter I have to say that the prospect of any of the names mentioned as future managers fills me with dismay. I had the pleasure of meeting Nigel once and found him engaging and knowledgeable with regards to football and clearly our club was on a positive upward trajectory. I no longer live in the UK but have watched every game this season and as someone who played the game I can't believe what is going on. The current guardians of this wonderful football community are taking advantage of our loyalty and support. For me that is enough

• Like 14

29 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Lampard contacted the club on Monday through a member of the staffing team to express his interest.

On Tuesday, Lampard was told to apply for the job, if he was interested.

Not really adding anything here but if anyone has it I will pay good money to see Jon Lansdown's application form. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

That’s where I’m at really. I’m not sure how this rumour has got this much traction without any journalists commenting on it.

Check Google. Input Frank Lampard Bristol City and you'll see that several of the nationals are running with it. I'm guessing they still employ journalists unless it's AI.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Check Google. Input Frank Lampard Bristol City and you'll see that several of the nationals are running with it. I'm guessing they still employ journalists unless it's AI.

I have done but all I can see is papers saying that he is bookies favourite and discussing the betting odds. I can’t see anything where they say that they understand from sources that a deal is on the cards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Good point but if it was nonsense they wouldn't give it credence. 

Just click bait though. They aren’t trying to give it credence mate. By discussing the betting odds they aren’t making any fanciful claims that could make them look daft down the line.

• Like 2

I agree with all of you who express doubts and there's no concrete evidence but as I post earlier it's also telling that with all these rumours escalating to the point where it's making the nationals that there hasn't been a single denial yet from either party. 

Plus, it's very rare when appointing a new manager that the news of the appointment is confirmed in any way before it's officially confirmed. 

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Derby under Lampard, made some enormous financial losses, their wage bill under Lampard was probably between £35-40m. I say probably as we don't have a definite as they never released their accounts for the year. However we can get a rough idea.

He did okay there. He did okay at Chelsea, nothing more nothing less IMO. Blooded some good youth and lost Hazard but their squad was IMO a top 4 standard.

I think the finances were already fooked. 
I really can’t see how Lampard increased the wage bill in any drastic manner. 

He signed Festy Ebosele, Florian Josefzoon, Jack Marriott, George Evans, Scott Malone, Duane Holmes, Martyn Waghorn. 

He lost from the wage bill the following : Darren Bent, Chris Baird, Emil Jacobson, Jason Shackell, Andy Weimann, Matej Vydra, Cameron Jerome, Joe Ledley. 

In what world are the wages of the first group more than the wages of the second group. 

I’ve missed off the loans. But bearing in mind Mount & Tomori were 19 and Wilson 21, they wouldn’t have exactly been on £50k a week would they. 

There is no way in the world that the wages increased to such an extent that it put Derby in trouble. It was already heading that way before Lampard arrived and I think it was pretty much the last throw of the dice for Morris as he knew that the finances were gonna be screwed from the next year (but because of the previous 3 year overspend, not under Lampard). 

I think ultimately, just like players that get tours around the HPC and other places, there could be a multiple reasons why Lampard might not sign in the end.

No reason not to believe that he wasn't at the HPC today.

However, if when he saw exactly what position we are in, he might have pulled out.

We'll know by the start of next week one way or another.

Edited by NcnsBcfc