IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

Can't quite believe this thread.

People seriously thought Lampard was  nearly done, or that he was ever even in the running? Laughable.

Have to say if this rumour did come from Shags then it appears he's lost his ITK crown, as he was wrong about talks with Rowett, and wrong about when Scott would leave this summer.

So much BS being spouted at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

People seriously thought Lampard was  nearly done, or that he was ever even in the running? Laughable.

Have to say if this rumour did come from Shags then it appears he's lost his ITK crown, as he was wrong about talks with Rowett, and wrong about when Scott would leave this summer.

There have been 70 pages regarding the appointment of 3 managers.

It's OTIB and it's brilliant. Until the new Manager is actually appointed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Obviously don’t know have the connections you do, but in GM’s interview when asked about Lampard, his response was “I can’t talk about individual candidates, we’re still going through a process..”

Doesn’t that suggest he’s a candidate for the position, or at least interested in the job. If there was no truth to it why not just say that, doesn’t affect the other potential suitors for the role or the club? 

Might just be trying to fit square pegs in circular holes but see no reason why he or Jon wouldn’t have just squashed false rumours. 

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fully agree. Don't understand what sort of kicks people are getting out of spreading misinformation by claiming to be 'ITK' but its making navigating the actual situation pretty ******* hard. Might have to go Robbored style and get my city news exclusively from the OS even as someone keen on an obscure transfer rumour 

2 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Saw this on the Bristol city hashtag. Follower count makes it pretty sketchy, but definitely adds up with some of the narratives the 'ITK people' are sharing.

Would fit with a toxic ownership, look what they did to Pearson, who in his right mind would want to work for them narrative. 

I remember years ago, when SOD was appointed, he remarked that BCFC was respected as a club, within the football industry. I wonder how many people on the inside would say that today?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Fully agree. Don't understand what sort of kicks people are getting out of spreading misinformation by claiming to be 'ITK' but its making navigating the actual situation pretty ******* hard. Might have to go Robbored style and get my city news exclusively from the OS even as someone keen on an obscure transfer rumour 

That's just what this thread has been missing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CliftonCliff said:

Would fit with a toxic ownership, look what they did to Pearson, who in his right mind would want to work for them narrative. 

I remember years ago, when SOD was appointed, he remarked that BCFC was respected as a club, within the football industry. I wonder how many people on the inside would say that today?

I wonder why anyone bothers with football club ownership when halfwitted idiots like you make up a significant proportion of the supporters . Why don’t you and a few of the rest of the millionaire morons pool your life savings and buy the club and then you can run it, invest in it, write off its annual losses and ship the s**t the Lansdown do. 
if not, shut TF up and show a bit more gratitude to the best owners this club has had since Harry Dolman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 10

As I have said, I really couldn't give a rat's arse who comes in now. They have just binned the right man for this football club. 

But at least with Lampard we would be on the telly a lot. Which would be good for me, because I ain't buying a ticket again under the Lansdowns.

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

20 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Obviously don’t know have the connections you do, but in GM’s interview when asked about Lampard, his response was “I can’t talk about individual candidates, we’re still going through a process..”

Doesn’t that suggest he’s a candidate for the position, or at least interested in the job. If there was no truth to it why not just say that, doesn’t affect the other potential suitors for the role or the club? 

Might just be trying to fit square pegs in circular holes but see no reason why he or Jon wouldn’t have just squashed false rumours. 

The body language of Jon when asked the question was interesting as was the grin by GM. 

Their body language suggests there is something in it, If he gets the job, who knows.

Just now, Superjack said:

As I have said, I really couldn't give a rat's arse who comes in now. They have just binned the right man for this football club. 

But at least with Lampard we would be on the telly a lot. Which would be good for me, because I ain't buying a ticket again under the Lansdowns.

Despite what many think early on on this forum, I’m not anti NP or pro SL.

But can I ask you what makes you so certain NP was the right man going forward, and that no one else out there can also do the job? 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, UncleRed said:

Despite what many think early on on this forum, I’m not anti NP or pro SL.

But can I ask you what makes you so certain NP was the right man going forward, and that no one else out there can also do the job? 

1.2 points per game, how did he survive so long?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I never understand why people use the bookies as some kind of guide to who will get a job, I mean most people who bet tend to go with the outside chance so they get better odds which in turn causes that bet to rise up the odds, essentially pushing the unlikely candidates higher up.
About the only time the bookies are worth looking at is when the bookies stop taking bets and by that point the fanbase will already know it's pretty much a done deal. 

Lampard is one that concerned me purely because I could see the club seeing him as a way to get more eyes on the club and potentially improve it's chances of being sold to a buyer with the whole "big name" angle but I don't think any intelligent investor would be swayed by that so I just never saw it being likely, but I also didn't see us signing David James in the past and football has a funny way of surprising the fans.

I can't see us signing anyone who is in the top 10 of the bookies at the moment being the next manager, I think the club will go with someone who isn't a big name as that would probably mean a more costly contract, I think they'll go up and coming and so far the only name that I think may have any legs is the Liam Manning rumour. I know the club would have to pay more because he's at a club but I still think they'd be more milling to pay a little more in that respect and get someone who will tow the line than getting someone for the same money who is uncontracted but would be more likely to rock the boat with the board.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ziderarmy said:

With what he inherited and had to play with I think he did an outstanding job 

Really? Most season ticket holders would do as well…it’s not just him but very few managers/coaches are worth half of what they are paid and most just talk complete bollacks to the media and fans lap it up as they watch their clubs fail. Collectively these guys are the greatest con artists of all time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

I wonder why anyone bothers with football club ownership when halfwitted idiots like you make up a significant proportion of the supporters . Why don’t you and a few of the rest of the millionaire morons pool your life savings and buy the club and then you can run it, invest in it, write off its annual losses and ship the s**t the Lansdown do. 
if not, shut TF up and show a bit more gratitude to the best owners this club has had since Harry Dolman.

Nice job!

13 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

1.2 points per game, how did he survive so long?

Prior to the injury crisis reaching it's peak he was 1.5 points per game this season, 1.5 points per game would be 69 points over the 46 games which is how many points Sunderland had to get into the play offs last season. When you consider the injuries started a lot sooner than it's peak and that after 12 games we were 1 point off the play offs I think it's fair to say that the last two games with an injury ravaged squad was his real undoing.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

Really? Most season ticket holders would do as well…it’s not just him but very few managers/coaches are worth half of what they are paid and most just talk complete bollacks to the media and fans lap it up as they watch their clubs fail. Collectively these guys are the greatest con artists of all time.

6 minutes ago, Fatknacker said:

I am all for debate and opposing opinions (unlike the Lansdowns), but you really do talk such utter shite. 

If anyone on here works for Bristol Sport (and they do), I would bet my house it's you.

• Like 7

@Superjack although we don’t share the same opinion overall, I think it’s good to have an open mind.

I agree he shouldn’t have been sacked in this current situation. The likelihood is they’re not going to hire someone we all agree on is right for the job. But let’s hope they hire someone who takes us to the promise land…For once.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Apologies if you responded to my previous post on this point... but didn't you say that Ciry had been touting candidates for 3 weeks prior to Nige being sacked? The board has denied this?

• Like 1