IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

I've gone back and watched this again this evening

I don't know if there is anything in these rumours. But watching that you can see why he may be of interest to us. 

He speaks a lot about culture and his culture aligns with the culture Nige has set here. He wouldn't need to come in and change anything like he had to at Chelsea and Everton. That culture is already here. 

He says things like outperforming ability, players driving standards, prefers to coach and improve younger players, signing players to fit the system etc etc etc.

Watching that you can see that he fits in with what we are looking for. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I've DM'd him. I think he's fine and isn't on some weird fantasy- so many people have fragility but that does not mean they have mental health issues omo.  John Eustace was already appointed according to others.... we had 17 pages discussing it.

In the meantime- I'm ready for some serious chat 🙂 (nothing good on TV)

1)I think LJ was an ok Manager

2)Mark Ashton is a shrewd operator and is why Ipswich are getting to the Premiership

3)Steve Lansdown is the best owner in BCFC history.

Bring it on girls.

You DMed someone who just opened up about their mental health issues, saying they are likely just fragile and dont have mental health issues? Give your head a wobble please

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've gone back and watched this again this evening

I don't know if there is anything in these rumours. But watching that you can see why he may be of interest to us. 

He speaks a lot about culture and his culture aligns with the culture Nige has set here. He wouldn't need to come in and change anything like he had to at Chelsea and Everton. That culture is already here. 

He says things like outperforming ability, players driving standards, prefers to coach and improve younger players, signing players to fit the system etc etc etc.

Watching that you can see that he fits in with what we are looking for. 

Talks the talk -

Maybe we soon see if he can walk the walk - Christ knows with the Lansdownes he will need to enjoy a challenge!

Ultimately he should have a bit of a read here to know quite how awkward the owner & his son are!

If he comes here he'll need eyes in the back of his head & the patience of a saint - I genuinely wish him all the best 😆

8 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Appreciated mate. I've never made any secrets about my health issues. I posted on the "I'm not very well thread and nowhere else to go" thread in August, and openly said how I have tried to kill myself on numerous occasions. At the time, it was two, it's now three. I'm naturally always very lonely, unhappy and feel useless. Don't get me wrong, I have a nice house, lots of pets, a growing business, but I'm always depressed and constantly wish I was dead. It's not a nice way to feel, but when you feel useless, and worthless, it eats at you, and sometimes you read stuff, and it may be banter, it may be forum comments, but it's hard not to take things personally, when that's the way your head works. I try to do all I can for others and be kind, but it's landed me in an all manner of problems in life. Anyway, thank you for your concerns, I know you meant well and it's fine. One day, I'm 100% sure, I'll take my own life, but it won't be today and given I've failed three times, you could say I am to suicide what Lansdown is to picking mangers! Absolutely useless at it!

Bless you mate. I hope you find a way to live in this world and find the joy. Others have handed out advice so there's no need for me to add anything other than to say: humans help each other if they're asked.

On the Frank stuff - I believe your story. I know how quickly these things can change. It's absolutely possible that everything you say is true, but that Lampard doesn't get appointed. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mozo said:

Apologies if you responded to my previous post on this point... but didn't you say that Ciry had been touting candidates for 3 weeks prior to Nige being sacked? The board has denied this?

Correct. It was obvious BS from Jon. I mean he admitted they always have a list of potential head coaches to hand. For example, Rob Edwards was on the list before he joined Watford. 

Obviously he isn't going to admit they spoke to anyone before Nige went, but given they effectively made the decision to dispose of his services early last month, it's fairly obvious they began conversations before Nige left, which is an entirely sensible thing to do tbh.

When he spoke about morals, I suspect he meant they didn't formally interview anyone until Nige departed. 

• Like 2

Well, the odds have stayed strong overnight so…
Happy Frank Lampard day! 🎉 

Frank announced at midday, Christine to be doing pre-match buildup, Harry Redknapp to be dishing out the jam roly poly at half time, followed by a presentation with Frank Lampard senior presenting our new signings Marco Boogers & Peter Crouch. 

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct. It was obvious BS from Jon. I mean he admitted they always have a list of potential head coaches to hand. For example, Rob Edwards was on the list before he joined Watford. 

Obviously he isn't going to admit they spoke to anyone before Nige went, but given they effectively made the decision to dispose of his services early last month, it's fairly obvious they began conversations before Nige left, which is an entirely sensible thing to do tbh.

When he spoke about morals, I suspect he meant they didn't formally interview anyone until Nige departed. 

Having watched his FGR team about a dozen times, I was always hoping that Rob Edwards was going to be the man who succeeded Pearson. 
I figured he’d probably do another year at FGR and then maybe we’d approach him in Summer 23, but Watford’s little scoundrels got him early! 
Shame really, as he would have been my preferred candidate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Appreciated mate. I've never made any secrets about my health issues. I posted on the "I'm not very well thread and nowhere else to go" thread in August, and openly said how I have tried to kill myself on numerous occasions. At the time, it was two, it's now three. I'm naturally always very lonely, unhappy and feel useless. Don't get me wrong, I have a nice house, lots of pets, a growing business, but I'm always depressed and constantly wish I was dead. It's not a nice way to feel, but when you feel useless, and worthless, it eats at you, and sometimes you read stuff, and it may be banter, it may be forum comments, but it's hard not to take things personally, when that's the way your head works. I try to do all I can for others and be kind, but it's landed me in an all manner of problems in life. Anyway, thank you for your concerns, I know you meant well and it's fine. One day, I'm 100% sure, I'll take my own life, but it won't be today and given I've failed three times, you could say I am to suicide what Lansdown is to picking mangers! Absolutely useless at it!

Sorry to hear of your struggles-

I understand it can be hard to clearly see the way forwards..there is so much noise in the world of today.

There are plenty on here, including myself who would be happy for you to DM should you wish to do so.

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Having watched his FGR team about a dozen times, I was always hoping that Rob Edwards was going to be the man who succeeded Pearson. 
I figured he’d probably do another year at FGR and then maybe we’d approach him in Summer 23, but Watford’s little scoundrels got him early! 
Shame really, as he would have been my preferred candidate. 

Naturally- there would’ve been uproar tho if we got “the cheap option from FGR, to replace the messiah Nige” 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Prior to the injury crisis reaching it's peak he was 1.5 points per game this season, 1.5 points per game would be 69 points over the 46 games which is how many points Sunderland had to get into the play offs last season. When you consider the injuries started a lot sooner than it's peak and that after 12 games we were 1 point off the play offs I think it's fair to say that the last two games with an injury ravaged squad was his real undoing.

And that’s having away games v Leeds and Leicester. Still can’t believe what the Lansdowns have done 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Spud21 said:

Did he not actually do an incredible job with Cheltenham last season? And how shit they are now is just them performing at about their actual level? Seen nothing other then highlights so not going to stake anything on this other then he seemed to do really well last season with a pretty terrible squad and now they are just pretty terrible. 

I think they lost every match under him this season.  

It's a definite no from me. 

9 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Been told FL and his agent were between AG and HPC throughout yesterday so the twitter spot rumours add up. Keep on eye on the Lansdown stand today people ;)

You and several others it appears.

Not having a go at you (or others) but it appears that this is very likely a fake rumour that has grown and grown.

When something like this happens, there should be a photo, even if it’s a blacked out window on a car, etc.

The itv caneras we’re at HPC yesterday, that was my first sanity-check that this might be BS.

Fair play to whoever put it out as a true thought.  I don’t mind admitting being sucked in initially.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think they lost every match under him this season.  

It's a definite no from me. 

Yea, and didn't score, I'm not advocating for him to come here at all, but you can't say he was just crap at Cheltenham, he did an exceptional job last year with a crap team and this year he started very crap with a crap team. 

I was just pointing out its massively un fair to judge his time at Cheltenham purely on this season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nugget said:

Well, the odds have stayed strong overnight so…
Happy Frank Lampard day! 🎉 

Frank announced at midday, Christine to be doing pre-match buildup, Harry Redknapp to be dishing out the jam roly poly at half time, followed by a presentation with Frank Lampard senior presenting our new signings Marco Boogers & Peter Crouch. 

love it 🤣👍😂  jam roly poly, got me wanting some now, for breakfast🤣 

9 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

I wonder why anyone bothers with football club ownership when halfwitted idiots like you make up a significant proportion of the supporters . Why don’t you and a few of the rest of the millionaire morons pool your life savings and buy the club and then you can run it, invest in it, write off its annual losses and ship the s**t the Lansdown do. 
if not, shut TF up and show a bit more gratitude to the best owners this club has had since Harry Dolman.

35 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Read this on waking this morning. I trust you felt better after posting this quite unnecessarily abusive rant. I doubtless have many faults, but being a halfwitted idiot isn’t one of them.

For the record, and for a bit of balance, I have on a fair few occasions in the past posted in defence of Lansdown when he’s been the subject of disproportionate or unwarranted criticism and, like the vast majority of supporters, I remain enormously grateful for what he’s contributed to the club, not least the stadium rebuild and the hugely improved training facilities.

None of which renders him immune to negative comment if and when he gets things wrong, which he plainly has, numerous times. There is a pretty stark contrast between his business acumen and his ability to judge and manage people, as has been pointed out countless times by many others besides me.

It isn’t just a question of money. Anyone who hasn’t detected a decline in the stewardship of the club over the last few years simply hasn’t been paying attention. What’s happened this week is fundamentally wrongheaded on so many levels it’s hard to know where to start. There’s a reason why there’s such an overwhelming consensus on a forum that is usually deeply divided on such issues. You are very much in a tiny minority in trying to defend the indefensible and your arguments are not made any more credible by personal attacks on individual posters.

This club now has a serious problem with a deeply dysfunctional ownership and you appear to be one of a very small number of people who don’t recognise that. 

Great reply to a moronic rant.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Davefevs was quite nice reading your post until you decided to say that I like to weaken other peoples opinions and try to validate my own.

The fact you don’t see why I’ve used the phrase “cult” says to me, that you read the posts that people have put that you agree with, through rose tinted glasses. Doesn’t quite fit but couldn’t think of a better term.

People that I know and speak to have shared there opinion on here, only to be shot down, and been called “stupid”, “idiot” and other words along those lines. Rather than just having a debate. Go back through this thread and I’ve been replied to with a “utter bullshit” rather than a more educated and friendlier reply. Football is a game of opinions, never going to have anyone all agree on something. But I’ve never gone at anyone aggressively on here. Yes I’ve said there is a cult, but at times you have to fight fire with fire.

To say I’m pretty much shitting on other peoples opinions is rather ironic. Especially when I give mine and the assumption straight away is I’m a plant from BS 😂

edit: justify my own stance? No one knows my stance, appears they’ve just assumed my stance and gone from there.

And you don’t have to go quote jack, don’t know if you realised but it was me and him who was reply to each other. Despite having slightly different opinions, in a friendly manner

Edited by UncleRed
  • Like 1