IGNORED

Frank Lampard

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

My Nan is 94 and in the last stages of dementia. She talks more sense than Paul Merson. 

Not on this occasion. Merson hit the nail firmly on the head, and whether you like it or not that’s the wider perception of us in the media after events of the last week. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

100% wasn't at the ground today. 100% didn't get a tour of HPC yesterday. Has had no further contact with the club, after he was due to meet them and BC cancelled the meeting. 

Not saying you’re wrong but would be amazed if we actually cancelled a meeting, seems a bit odd .

If the club didn't even want to meet Lampard, which you'd do as a courtesy even if you were sceptical about him as a candidate, they must be close to appointing someone else. Even more so if they had a meeting in the diary and then cancelled it.

If they're not close with someone else, but cancelled Lampard anyway, that's pretty incompetent. Whatever you think of him as a manager, he's a credible candidate.

Previously, I would have said what Clinton Morrison and Merson were saying was just classic pundit, has to have an opinion, unsubstantiated nonsense.

Now, I seriously wonder whether BCFC is considered a massive red flag among the football industry? I actually think, maybe, we’ll really struggle to appoint someone we want.

• Like 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Harry R said:

If the club didn't even want to meet Lampard, which you'd do as a courtesy even if you were sceptical about him as a candidate, they must be close to appointing someone else. Even more so if they had a meeting in the diary and then cancelled it.

If they're not close with someone else, but cancelled Lampard anyway, that's pretty incompetent. Whatever you think of him as a manager, he's a credible candidate.

Curious why we should meet out of courtesy? 

There's loads of Managers look for work, we hardly have time to sit down and talk to them all 

Not long now... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Never in the picture, just like the graphic earlier in this thread

I wonder how many times this needs to be said before it sinks in.

There's not been a single credible suggestion that he's of interest, in fact at several points exactly the opposite, yet somehow we've managed to get 49 pages out of it.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not in this case . Why don’t you change your user name to. The lansdowns apologist 

I’ll cut you a deal. If we end up with less points than last season, I’ll change my username to “TheLansdownApologist”.

If we end up with more points, you have to change yours to “I’mdownwithJonLansdown”

Deal? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Previously, I would have said what Clinton Morrison and Merson were saying was just classic pundit, has to have an opinion, unsubstantiated nonsense.

Now, I seriously wonder whether BCFC is considered a massive red flag among the football industry? I actually think, maybe, we’ll really struggle to appoint someone we want.

This.

One of the reasons why a foreign appointment wouldn't be the worst idea 

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I wonder how many times this needs to be said before it sinks in.

There's not been a single credible suggestion that he's of interest, in fact at several points exactly the opposite, yet somehow we've managed to get 49 pages out of it.

Agree, although to be fair, in the absence of any alternative firm favourite, this thread seems to have become the place for a lot of more general discussion about our options. Not quite sure why! 

• Like 1