IGNORED

Today's Pre Match Presser

Tomo

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

That was the brilliant detail we needed, exactly around injuries. He’s gone out batting for his mates there. What a ******* boy. 

I love him.

What a bloke, that’s the type of person Pearson recruited for our club.

Honest, passionate, funny & cares.

We have had some right nobodies as assistant but the calibre around Nige was top drawer.

He’ll also be gone in the next couple of weeks so the mediocrities & incompetents can stop being threatened.

I guess I wasn’t the only one who couldn’t play about 2 minutes of it, three quarters of the way through? Intrigued as to what was “missing”..

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Slightly paraphrased but main takeaways:

• Players and staff in shock
  • Knock on to 30 or 40 people, other employees, when a manager goes - not just one person is sacked.
  • Nige will be back and they will work together again
  • David Rennie one of the best in the business and has done a fantastic job
  • 2 wins in next 2 games and table would have/will look very different
  • 4 weeks time and the conversations over injuries would be very different - i.e many are returning over next 4 games or so, already 3 back in contention for Saturday
  • His focus is on Saturday and that's it - focus is on the boys(players) - absolutely no conversation about putting name in the hat
  • Talked a bit about Nige's achievements and legacy - culture installed and proud of what they've done here.
  • Sad to be leaving, it's a great club, who wouldn't be sad

He also mentioned that the lads always train for several months and then have a break during the International break, and that's happened several times during the last 2.5 years. Basically justifying what DR and JE did.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is on YouTube channel now.

Fairly inane question by me, but who will assist Fleming Saturday now that NP obviously and Euell next up have gone and Rennie too.

Fleming and Euell were assists to NP, who assists Fleming albeit temporarily.

Pat mountain and cisse I presume 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is on YouTube channel now.

Fairly inane question by me, but who will assist Fleming Saturday now that NP obviously and Euell next up have gone and Rennie too.

Fleming and Euell were assists to NP, who assists Fleming albeit temporarily.

Already been announced that Ali Hines (U21) & Kalifa Cisse (absolutely no idea what he’s been doing for the past few months, certainly not any coaching, recruitment?) are doing so.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I love him.

We have had some right nobodies as assistant but the calibre around Nige was top drawer.

He’ll also be gone in the next couple of weeks so the mediocrities & incompetents can stop being threatened.

I guess I wasn’t the only one who couldn’t play about 2 minutes of it, three quarters of the way through? Intrigued as to what was “missing”..

Agree Graham. Made me even more annoyed NP has gone knowing that this team are no longer together. Curtis is being professional of course but I took that as a clear intent of going as soon as possible and linking up with Nige again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

It’s made me even angrier that interview to be honest. 

What a culture and professionalism Nige was building, surrounded himself with top people because he’s so comfortable in his own skin he doesn’t mind being challenged. Look at the loyalty that Nige gets from players and staff.

And it’s ending. Because the little worms that run this club can’t take being challenged, can’t deal with a bloke who knows what success looks like. Need their football manager to be some lickspittle that jumps up and down telling everyone how wonderful the Lansdowns are. It’s an absolute ******* joke. Self sabotage FC.

Sell up and **** off.

Wow what a post! Spot on mate. I almost saw a glint in Curtis’s eye of “you don’t know what the **** you’ve done you clowns”. That experience oozing out of him with every word, credibility, knowledge, assurance. All that culture undone by a ******* imbecile in charge of our club. Anyone still supporting Lansdown really needs to wipe the shit out of their eyes. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 3

25 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

That's one way, another he mentioned ambition to manage citing India and wanting to have another go, working with Nige

Just won't be here..

Amazing how can see the same thing completely differently 

Agree. We’re all looking at things through our own lens currently. That’s the truth in life; that’s why we have a panel of jurors… but  a verdict based on the majority is valid if not unanimous. And it’s clear where the majority and where the noted dissenting judgments are. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Weimann posted something very similar, really struck me that that a player as experienced as him felt the value of working with Nige, not just as a football manager, but as a person.

Can you imagine any of our players saying anything along those lines for certain previous managers!

Don't think I've ever heard anything like this before especially from a senior pro,People need to be valued and given confidence to succeed.

Honestly I've ever never been so p***** off with a manager's sacking before.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, beaverface said:

He also mentioned that the lads always train for several months and then have a break during the International break, and that's happened several times during the last 2.5 years. Basically justifying what DR and JE did.

THANK YOU. Yes said something like - we’ve given the players long time off at international breaks before and it was never a problem or mentioned then…

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i wasnt going to follow the game saturday but really hope the boys smash it for flem then down tools when the new bloke comes in

This is an outrageous thing to say, you hope the lads down tools? Surely any fan of this club should always want what's best for the club and want the team to win there games. 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Thought it was a good interview, honest and forthcoming.

Confirmed his mate status and is basically going once new head coach is in.

I see we're back to conspiracy again though. There's danger in over analysing everything to fit one view of another.

Just wondering what your bonus is in £££’s from Bristol Sport for every time you try and gaslight people with your posts on here?

• Like 5
  • Flames 5

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I love him.

Agree entirely. Love his enthusiasm and it is infectious - he’s made me look forward to Saturday far more than I was before his interview. Agree, shame about the gap in content. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

when will we find out do you reckon?

Don’t know to be honest. 
I know for sure it’s not LJ - a friend of mine has been speaking to him today about Fleetwood, so he’s definitely not lined up for us. 

My take on it is :

Lampard was someone’s fantasy. 
Rowett was clearly approached a couple of weeks ago, so if it was gonna be him it surely would’ve been done by now. 
For me it points to someone who is currently in work and we’re trying to work on compensation. That’s either Manning or Mousinho I reckon. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Yeah 2+2 equals 65 billion to fit confirmation bias.

Loving the nuance 

That’s your view, it’s not the view. The nuance can be different views rather than people aren’t able to assimilate the same information and reach different conclusions. The idea that strong opinions lack nuance, lacks nuance. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

This is an outrageous thing to say, you hope the lads down tools? Surely any fan of this club should always want what's best for the club and want the team to win there games. 

maybe it was outrageous, for you,  im still so hacked off, i really couldnt give a hoot . problem is, i will never know the truth. just smacks of cant have anyone taking any credit for anything except in lansdown towers

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i wasnt going to follow the game saturday but really hope the boys smash it for flem then down tools when the new bloke comes in

You hope our players refuse to play for our new manager..?

What an absolutely ridiculous thing for a supporter of any club to hope..!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Got ya

Starts off with needless and baseless antagonism, tied in to a conspiracy theory about Bristol Sport bots, a bit of projection and then cod psychology too 

Cracking post, *rolls eyes* 

Wow, that paragraph sounded so much like you were talking about yourself…

But then I realised - Oh you’re talking about me…I’m flattered you’ve been watching my posts so much 🤗 🥰

18 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Just wondering what your bonus is in £££’s from Bristol Sport for every time you try and gaslight people with your posts on here?

They certainly don’t pay them in match tickets as they wouldn’t dream of bothering to watch us play.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

'the view'

Right oh. 

So it's back to you're with us or we hate you.

There's no nuances there  it's a binary position if you want to get to the nitty gritty

If you delve further, the majority when based on information that's not confirmed and added from assumptions and confirmation bias are entirely capable of getting things wrong too 

Much as. Singular voice can also be wrong 

Acceptances that there are opposing views and finding middle ground is the nuance .

Still loving the press conference, refreshing honesty and reckon a Flem as Manager Nige DofF relationship would be fun.

No idea where you’re getting “you’re with us or we hate you” from? It’s perfectly feasible to have a strong view, but a) accept you might be wrong and b) respect that others can other views. I’ve a view that everything adds up to the leadership having wanted NP out and achieved that in a reasonably underhand way. I think it’s okay for me to have that view without needing SL to go on TV and saying “we wanted NP out and achieved that in a reasonably underhand way”. Doesn’t mean I know I’m right, it means that’s my opinion. I don’t hate people with other opinions. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 1