IGNORED

Today's Pre Match Presser

Tomo

Be interesting to hear Curtis this afternoon and see what questions are put forward by BBC Radio Bristol and Bristol Live.

Curtis will clearly be gutted that Nige has lost his job but as it stands, he is still an employee of the club so he wont be having a rant by any means...

Interesting also, what player will be interviewed this afternoon...

Probably the only news we will have today.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Be interesting to hear Curtis this afternoon and see what questions are put forward by BBC Radio Bristol and Bristol Live.

Curtis will clearly be gutted that Nige has lost his job but as it stands, he is still an employee of the club so he wont be having a rant by any means...

Interesting also, what player will be interviewed this afternoon...

Probably the only news we will have today.

Cornick will be interviewed.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Looks very likely that the new head coach won't have been appointed by Saturday, which is quite surprising when you consider 

a) they've already been considering Nige's replacement for over three weeks

b) Jon said that for the first time in over 20 years of running the club they have absolute clarity on the type of head coach they want

I understand they need to be diligent, and in fairness a not outrageous period of time has passed since Nige's sacking, but you really would have thought they'd at least be very close to an appointment by now - and I'm not getting those vibes.

I think that’s by design and possibly maybe even, dare I say it, sensible from whoever’s running the shit show at the moment.

Why bring a young head coach, that 95% of people don’t want into a very hostile stadium? Get it sorted over the weekend allow him to have the qpr away game, then the break.  By the time the next home game comes around tensions will have died down and the new guy gets a fresh start.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Hazelboy said:

I think that’s by design and possibly maybe even, dare I say it, sensible from whoever’s running the shit show at the moment.

Why bring a young head coach, that 95% of people don’t want into a very hostile stadium? Get it sorted over the weekend allow him to have the qpr away game, then the break.  By the time the next home game comes around tensions will have died down and the new guy gets a fresh start.

But then as the stated aim is promotion this season, then thats two less games for the new HC to achieve the goal.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Looks very likely that the new head coach won't have been appointed by Saturday, which is quite surprising when you consider 

b) Jon said that for the first time in over 20 years of running the club they have absolute clarity on the type of head coach they want

I understand they need to be diligent, and in fairness a not outrageous period of time has passed since Nige's sacking, but you really would have thought they'd at least be very close to an appointment by now - and I'm not getting those vibes.

I agree. 
The only thing keeping me believing something will happen before Saturday is Steve Lansdown’s self-preservation. 
If there is no new boss in the dugout this week then Lansdown will be barracked all game. If there’s a new boss then it takes away the vitriol which will head his way. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I wonder what ' deal' was struck with Fleming. 

Told he'll be kept on regardless of new head coach coming in, as part of the coaching team?

Or a deal struck for him to stay on in the interim and a cash incentive given?

My guess is a blunt conversation that you’re under contract, you’re the most senior of the coaching team & so we want you to hold the fort until the new man is in place.

Nothing else but that & I still think he’ll be gone within a month.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Harry said:

I agree. 
The only thing keeping me believing something will happen before Saturday is Steve Lansdown’s self-preservation. 
If there is no new boss in the dugout this week then Lansdown will be barracked all game. If there’s a new boss then it takes away the vitriol which will head his way. 

I'd be surprised it SL is there on Saturday. He doesn't seem to come that often anymore. Jon will get the abuse, I imagine.

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My guess is a blunt conversation that you’re under contract, you’re the most senior of the coaching team & so we want you to hold the fort until the new man is in place.

Nothing else but that & I still think he’ll be gone within a month.

Maybe also Fleming’s professionalism too, ie wanting to do his best by the players too.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

I like Fleming and, more importantly, the players appear to. So, unlikely as it is, I hope he stays on in a coaching capacity (not head coach) and gives some continuity with the players.   It will be interesting to see if there are any changes to personnel (not that there is much scope) aside from those expected back and, also, any formation changes.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You’re giving them too much credit mate

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Mate, this is Bristol City we're talking about, they probably use a tombola...

38 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Because the leadership is useless.

58 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They had to get rid of Nige now, with two very winnable games coming up it would've been much harder to get rid of him after those.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Harry said:

I agree. 

Will SL be there on Saturday? I doubt it very much.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

35 minutes ago, petehinton said:

You’re giving them too much credit mate

Exactly Pete, does anyone actually have any faith that our board is capable of a credible search for a head coach?! 

They're probably sitting wondering why agents aren't returning their calls.

8 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

They had to get rid of Nige now, with two very winnable games coming up it would've been much harder to get rid of him after those.

And a number of players about to come back from injury. 

Now was there only chance to get rid of him because bizarrely with those injured players back, Nige had a decent chance of meeting the aims they set. That shows this sacking was simply down to personalities.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

TBF, if he is in Guernsey he`s taken a right battering over the last few hours from Mother Nature rather than us!

Poor little lamb. He might have to spend some money on a few replacement flags at his golf course. 

• Haha 2